Michael's on the Summit

SunnyAJ

Good question - not sure of that myself. I would also love to know what things (alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks and food) they offer in the new Michaels lounge. I'm wondering if it's mostly empty, is it not stocked well or maybe no one knows about it yet?? This is probably the same on all M-class ships now.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Good question - not sure of that myself. I would also love to know what things (alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks and food) they offer in the new Michaels lounge. I'm wondering if it's mostly empty, is it not stocked well or maybe no one knows about it yet?? This is probably the same on all M-class ships now.

Are you in a Suite or Zenith in Capt Club?

Yes - a Celebrity Suite. First time in a suite with Celebrity, but had it once with RC and we loved the VIP lounge then. It was always packed and had some nice food service, even entertainment sometimes. We booked this upcoming suite not thinking there was a lounge, so curious to hear ahead of time!

Yes - a Celebrity Suite. First time in a suite with Celebrity, but had it once with RC and we loved the VIP lounge then. It was always packed and had some nice food service, even entertainment sometimes. We booked this upcoming suite not thinking there was a lounge, so curious to hear ahead of time!

I think it's a work in process at this point and you probably will find much variation between ships. I have seen no posts about what types of liquor are available in the VIP lounge or any comments on the food. The only thing I've seen personally is that the lounge appears empty at pretty much all times...but that could be part of the evolutionary process.

I think once it's a fully functional program with good quality liquor and food available when you want it, usage will increase....but for now, I suspect it's a moving target.

The launch date is listed as April 2015.

You can read about it here, http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

I think it's a work in process at this point and you probably will find much variation between ships. I have seen no posts about what types of liquor are available in the VIP lounge or any comments on the food. The only thing I've seen personally is that the lounge appears empty at pretty much all times...but that could be part of the evolutionary process.

I think once it's a fully functional program with good quality liquor and food available when you want it, usage will increase....but for now, I suspect it's a moving target.

On the Century in February one could get anything (that Celebrity had on the ship) to drink. It was like having an unlimited beverage package.

On the Connie they have a spread of food for breakfast, tea time and pre dinner drinks. It is FAR superior to what is offered in the Elite lounge. If there is something that you want they will have it there if you ask.

Part of the reason it seems empty most of the time is that there are only three times per day (breakfast, tea time & evening drinks) when much of anyone would be there. Just like saying the Elite lounge is empty most of the day....

The launch date is listed as April 2015.

You can read about it here, http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

The VIP lounge was listed as one of the changes from the addition of the Zenith Captains Club level in Nov 2013. All ships except the Solstice and Millennium now have the VIP lounge. Solstice & Millennium take a little longer being on the other side of the world.....

While on Century I used to go to Michael's with my computer, order a tea or drink, catch up on my photo editing, scans and emails. It is a nice quiet place that we enjoy just as my den at home. Depending on the time of day, various rooms in our house are empty as well.

It is nice having a place available at any time when other venues are too crowded or too noisy.

Several times in the evening a special performance was scheduled in michael's for our enjoyment.

While on Century I used to go to Michael's with my computer, order a tea or drink, catch up on my photo editing, scans and emails. It is a nice quiet place that we enjoy just as my den at home. Depending on the time of day, various rooms in our house are empty as well.

It is nice having a place available at any time when other venues are too crowded or too noisy.

Several times in the evening a special performance was scheduled in michael's for our enjoyment.

That is exactly what makes the idea of this nice! We are taking advantage of the free classic drink package, but this sounds much easier if we just want a quiet drink somewhere.

Since our upcoming Summit cruise is to Bermuda, it might be night to have other convenient options if we miss the tea/food service to the cabin because of being out and about, also. It will be nice to have some kind of a special perk since most of the other changes don't kick in until next April 2015.

Was on the 4/5/14 sailing of Summit. All week, MIchael's Club had a sign outside "Private Function". Whether it was being used as a VIP lounge is unclear (I am not yet worthy!!). ;)

I peaked in the windows a couple of times and there did appear to be a concierge at a desk. Never more than a few couples insider. I wasn't able to see if there was a station for snacks.

Strange that they still had all the craft beers in the "store window" display. A cruel tease for those of us that has the Premium Package since I didn't see any other bar that offered any of those beers.

What a waste of a great location! We were on Summit last week and never saw more than 2 people in Michael's, where the Private Function sign was out the whole cruise. The television was on, and we even saw the guitar player in there once, but never more than 2 guests.