Why can't people get to muster on time?

sr5242

They were busy putting their towels on their chairs at the pool... ;)

All kidding aside, that makes me mad too

That's funny!

I don't mind the muster drill. It's a nice time to meet other people and when it's done, the cruise begins!!!

This last cruise DW and I were two of the last ones to our station. Normally, I'm one of the first, but we somehow didn't hear the start of it. May have been due to having an aft cabin, and the announcements were off in the room.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

It's frustrating but I rather be holding the ship than me waiting for you

If the cruise line ensure me that they are going to start on time I promise you that I will be the first in line, but unfortunately that's never the case. I was sweating facing the sun for almost 30 min when I decided to get there in time

Now I'm always in my stateroom waiting for the guy to knock in my door. I open the door and leave it open and tell him that my GF is in the restroom. As soon as he see me by the door he will be happy knocking on other doors. Once I notice that I might be the last one I walk to the drill. And guess what I get there late and they always put me in front of the line while you are dying behind me.

Is that fair ? 100% no , but this is one of those time in which I want to be sorry for you but not for me

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This last cruise DW and I were two of the last ones to our station. Normally, I'm one of the first, but we somehow didn't hear the start of it. May have been due to having an aft cabin, and the announcements were off in the room.

How can you not hear the start of it, when the start of it is the General Alarm sounding:confused:

It's frustrating but I rather be holding the ship than me waiting for you

If the cruise line ensure me that they are going to start on time I promise you that I will be the first in line, but unfortunately that's never the case. I was sweating facing the sun for almost 30 min when I decided to get there in time

Now I'm always in my stateroom waiting for the guy to knock in my door. I open the door and leave it open and tell him that my GF is in the restroom. As soon as he see me by the door he will be happy knocking on other doors. Once I notice that I might be the last one I walk to the drill. And guess what I get there late and they always put me in front of the line while you are dying behind me.

Is that fair ? 100% no , but this is one of those time in which I want to be sorry for you but not for me

I am one who think that the Muster Drill doesn't start until the General Alarm, and I have no problem with you waiting until then. However your actions as described are grossly self-centered. May I never be on a ship with you.

Theres usually an announcement of some sort that the drill is about to commence well before the general alarm. The general alarm sounded after we were downstairs at the station, but we were definitely one of the later ones there and the cabin steward was the one who alerted us. Are you seriously going to judge based on one incident that I already stated was unintentional?

Theres usually an announcement of some sort that the drill is about to commence well before the general alarm. The general alarm sounded after we were downstairs at the station, but we were definitely one of the later ones there and the cabin steward was the one who alerted us. Are you seriously going to judge based on one incident that I already stated was unintentional?

Where did I judge you?:confused:

As I´ve stated before the start of the drill is the General Alarm and that one should not be missed anywhere on the ship, as that could be a serious safety hazard if possible.

I didn´t even say you were late, I simply wonderd why you couldn´t hear the Alarm. Now in your follow up post you said the cabin Steward alerted you and the General Alarm didn´t Sound until you got to your muster Station. Again as stated earlier, in that case you got there early not late. The cabin Steward probably got on the room check early.

I am one who think that the Muster Drill doesn't start until the General Alarm, and I have no problem with you waiting until then. However your actions as described are grossly self-centered. May I never be on a ship with you.
My assumption was that mcatmcat's room steward was knocking on the door AFTER the General Alarm. Based on sr71pav's comment, I see this might not be true. IF the General Alarm had not sounded, I take back everything I said, and beg forgiveness for my incorrect assumption.:o

Thom

.....those on an airplane who are too busy to pay attention during the safety briefing, yet they get VERY annoyed when the flight attendant sends them back to their seat as the BIG RED "X" shows someone is already in the forward restroom.

lol.

Hi you two. We are getting packed for our next cruise on another TA. The IOS may 4th to UK. Will send you an email when we get back. Take Care

We are on the BOS Sept 3rd 2015 ( seems to be another Day the World is supposed to end) according to the Tabloids. Oh Well. Guess we will not get to our 68th anniversary unless we hurry.

This one stops in Iceland for 2 days and then Halifax.

Don and Ginny

Edited by Folk Singer

The only thing that annoyed me, besides the late arrivers, was that they separated me from my husband on our honeymoon cruise, and they even asked if we were together! Yet they slid me into an empty slot and then put him in another line. So then we started our honeymoon in the hot sun waiting for late arrivers (thankfully I was still in the shade, but he got the brunt of the sun.

I'm never late, but I will not be one of the first to arrive. I am claustrophobic and if you are one of the first to arrive you get shoved to the back. Plus, I'm short so it makes it even worse.

If I rush down there, I put myself in a position that I don't need to be in. Just let me have some air and I'll be alright (and no thank you, I can't sit in the third row of a mini van either). :D:D

• 3 weeks later...
Just got off a cruise and I was late for the muster drill. Lol I cared but my wife and I took a nap and woke up at 330 when the muster drill started. Once we got there we saw everyone waiting. Lol sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Lots of laughs? Obviously you think the muster drill is a joke and only the dweebs get there on time. lol

Lots of laughs? Obviously you think the muster drill is a joke and only the dweebs get there on time. lol

No, we actually took a nap since we were tired and were late. No one mentioned dweebs or it being a joke. Just thought it was funny that we were late. Sue me if you'd like lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app