Why can't people get to muster on time?

sr5242

Standing here waiting for muster on Indy. 15 minutes past assigned time and we can't start the drill due to people missing. Holding up whole ship!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agreed!! I once shared a dining table with a ignorant women who said she hid in her shower at muster time but was found by staff!

Agreed!! I once shared a dining table with a ignorant women who said she hid in her shower at muster time but was found by staff!

A lot of people go on vacation; few bring their brains.

And there you go!

Sorry but we were almost one, we did not hear the announcement, we were in our room not sleeping or anything, just watching tv, happened to have the door open when the second call was made. Scared me to think we wouldn't have heard a real one. We turned up the volume on the room speaker after that.

We've always been at our station early never late. However, on one cruise the signs were confusing so we tried the other side of the ship still no luck asked 2 different staff members and they told us the same areas we'd already been in.

Finally were giving the correct directions and were not late but, would have been without the correct guidance! :)

Sorry but we were almost one, we did not hear the announcement...

On every RCI cruise we've taken, when you enter your cabin for the first time the TV is on the channel that explains the muster drill. Do you not remember this? Seriously asking, not being facetious.

And yes OP, very frustrating. :(

Muster drill started really late last year on our Liberty cruise. A bunch of women arrived to our section and then stood and talked through it all. They should put the rude late comers (as I realise there is sometimes genuine reasons why people arrive late) should go on a black list and not allowed onto the lifeboats until last...though I bet they are the kind of people that will be elbowing their way through the queues to get to the front!!!

Standing here waiting for muster on Indy. 15 minutes past assigned time and we can't start the drill due to people missing. Holding up whole ship!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Some figure I have done this a lot and now I do not need to go.

Actually ( just to be a bit controversial) it is the ships fault normally

Simply because of the actual wording of the announcements, which state that there will be a drill in 30 mins and then again in 15 minutes. But go on to say that when the alarm of 7 short and 1 long is sounded people should make there way to their Muster Stations. What it should do is state that when that alarm is sounded people should actually be at their Muster Station.

Which of course in real life that would not work either, as it is when the alarm is sounded that people would proceed to the MS.

Therefore in real life you would not expect people to already be at the MS when the alarm is sounded but shortly afterwards. ( so why should they be expected early at the drill )

So as during Muster they wait for people to attend before running the alarm, it is not actually teaching cruisers how they need to proceed.

What should happen for cruisers to experience a real life situation, they should pre-announce that there will be a drill, and then sound the alarm. Advising that all guests should be present within say 15 minutes, and those that are not should have their Seapass card deactivated until they attend another drill held later. ( Maybe even at a cost for the extra staffing )

Therefore I could maintain that those that complain about others being late, are actually the ones not listening to the announcements, as they head for the Muster Stations ahead of the announced instructions. But of course this is because the staff go around herding people like sheep towards the muster points, before the alarm is sounded.

Overall the whole procedure could be better, it really frustrates me when the Kids Club staff interrupt the drill by shouting out for kids without armbands. Surely it would be better to issue those at checkin and not allow a child onto the ship without an appropriate wristband, in the same way that the Seapass cards are applied.

And Yes I have attended many drills, and have been peeved by hanging around waiting for others, and whilst I am not the first to arrive I am also not the last.

Okay flame away, I am a big boy I can take it.:D

Muster drill started really late last year on our Liberty cruise. A bunch of women arrived to our section and then stood and talked through it all. They should put the rude late comers (as I realise there is sometimes genuine reasons why people arrive late) should go on a black list and not allowed onto the lifeboats until last...though I bet they are the kind of people that will be elbowing their way through the queues to get to the front!!!

Agreed :D

Edited by mcca2

Simply because of the actual wording of the announcements, which state that there will be a drill in 30 mins and then again in 15 minutes. But go on to say that when the alarm of 7 short and 1 long is sounded people should make there way to their Muster Stations. What it should do is state that when that alarm is sounded people should actually be at their Muster Station.

Which of course in real life that would not work either, as it is when the alarm is sounded that people would proceed to the MS.

Therefore in real life you would not expect people to already be at the MS when the alarm is sounded but shortly afterwards. ( so why should they be expected early at the drill )

So as during Muster they wait for people to attend before running the alarm, it is not actually teaching cruisers how they need to proceed.

What should happen for cruisers to experience a real life situation, they should pre-announce that there will be a drill, and then sound the alarm. Advising that all guests should be present within say 15 minutes, and those that are not should have their Seapass card deactivated until they attend another drill held later. ( Maybe even at a cost for the extra staffing )

Therefore I could maintain that those that complain about others being late, are actually the ones not listening to the announcements, as they head for the Muster Stations ahead of the announced instructions. But of course this is because the staff go around herding people like sheep towards the muster points, before the alarm is sounded.

Overall the whole procedure could be better, it really frustrates me when the Kids Club staff interrupt the drill by shouting out for kids without armbands. Surely it would be better to issue those at checkin and not allow a child onto the ship without an appropriate wristband, in the same way that the Seapass cards are applied.

And Yes I have attended many drills, and have been peeved by hanging around waiting for others, and whilst I am not the first to arrive I am also not the last.

The message has always been a pet peeve of mine. One of our first cruises, my husband and I listened to the message and sat in our room waiting for the alarm. Once it sounded, we went down to our muster station. I was so embarrassed because it looked like we had arrived super late. Needless to say we always show up earlier now. On the other hand, I definitely feel for the OP, it is the worst waiting for others when you just want to start your cruise!

That summed it up perfectly.

I'm on vacation and I absolutely, positively, without an exception, refuse to allow myself to become upset, peeved, annoyed or angry in any way because the muster drill takes 15-20 minutes longer than expected.

So what if some people are slow? Generally by the time the muster drill has started I have successfully made it to the ship, I have had a fruity drink and I am relaxed and happy to start my cruise. It would take a lot more than a few slow people to burst my vacation bubble. :D

Whatever the reason for late arrivals, it is annoying for the majority who have to wait for them to finally show up. Barring some misadventure, it is just plain inconsiderate, especially if said muster station is in full blazing sunlight.

But what really burns my bacon are the morons who talk all through the drill once the instructions begin. I don't care if you are diamond, platinum or zinc oxide- you know who you are. Just because you've heard it all 100 times before, doesn't mean everybody has. Some would actually like to hear what is being said. So shut the hell up. Please.