Borrowing the wedding chapel when not in use

secretcastle

I am wondering if Princess will allow a small group to borrow space I. The wedding chapel or? for short periods of time when it is not booked for anything else. I direct a small choir and I am traveling with some of my members, and if possible we would like to rehearse a few numbers once or twice. We will be performing the day after the cruise ends and are hoping to get in some practice.

Thank you :)

Yes. Absolutely. Just email the Princess contact with suggested dates and times. They will clear it with the CD. Not sure what ship you're on but here's my list of contacts. It might not be current.

Jenny Streeck - Sapphire & Grand jstreeck@princesscruises.com 661-284-4444

Diana Hall - Diamond & Star -- dhall@princesscruises.com 661-284-4449

Jan James - Golden, Ocean & Pacific jjames@princesscruises.com 661-284-4452

Berna Grayr - Emerald & Ruby bgrayr@princesscruises.com 661-284-4448

Coleen Reyes - Crown & Carribean creyes@princesscruises.com 661-284-4447

Stacey Anderson - Royal, Dawn & Sun sanderson@princesscruises.com 661-284-4333

Lawrence Andrada - Island, Coral & Sea landrada@princesscruises.com 661-284-4445

Edited by Pam in CA

also depends on the ship. Some are not locked but it was always locked on the Royal. Probably best to ask permission rather than just use it. I know some of the piano entertainers use it to practice during the day.
As I said, you can set up a specific time and schedule through the Princess contact. Much better than leaving it to chance after boarding.

You don't say which ship, but on the Emerald Princess, the wedding chapel is where all the "lectures" (aka live infomercials) are held, so it is often quite busy on sea days. Some ships have a conference room (on the Emerald Princess it's on Deck 6) that are far less utilized.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

also depends on the ship. Some are not locked but it was always locked on the Royal. Probably best to ask permission rather than just use it. I know some of the piano entertainers use it to practice during the day.

Went by the chapel for or five times last week on the Royal always open. Best to contact the CD as indicated.

Ken

maybe it has changed but I wanted to go inside and checked the door every time I went into the concierge lounge on our b2b in December.

Did you check the door at the regular entrance or just the door from the concierge lounge?

As I said, you can set up a specific time and schedule through the Princess contact. Much better than leaving it to chance after boarding.

Just know that even if you do set it up with the contacts that Pam provided and have a written confirmation for the chapel that the ship may still not honor it. The policy as described to me is that as long as the "event" you want the chapel for is NOT a wedding they will let you "reserve" it when it is not in use.

Weddings must be paid events and they do not allow impromptu ceremonies they do not get a cut of.

As for my case, we reserved it for a private family 50th vow renewal for a specific day and time and when we went up there we found the room taken over by housekeeping carts where they were folding towels.

It took about 10 minutes of our booked time to get them to vacate and the surprise that this was meant to be was completely blown, but we made the best of it.

Good luck with your reservation.

Just know that even if you do set it up with the contacts that Pam provided and have a written confirmation for the chapel that the ship may still not honor it. The policy as described to me is that as long as the "event" you want the chapel for is NOT a wedding they will let you "reserve" it when it is not in use.

Weddings must be paid events and they do not allow impromptu ceremonies they do not get a cut of.

As for my case, we reserved it for a private family 50th vow renewal for a specific day and time and when we went up there we found the room taken over by housekeeping carts where they were folding towels.

It took about 10 minutes of our booked time to get them to vacate and the surprise that this was meant to be was completely blown, but we made the best of it.

Good luck with your reservation.

The OP was saying she/he needed a place to hold a choir rehearsal, not for any kind of wedding.

On some ships, the chapel is used for the scholarship@sea classes as someone noted above. So best to send an email as to what you need (piano?) to the headquarters contact listed by Pam and then take any reply you get back in email with you on the cruise and check with the passenger services desk when you get on board. Hopefully someone on the cruise director's staff will give you a location, time and date and then you can let everyone in your group (I'm assuming you'll have a list of cabin numbers) know the details.

The OP was saying she/he needed a place to hold a choir rehearsal' date=' not for any kind of wedding.

On some ships, the chapel is used for the scholarship@sea classes as someone noted above. So best to send an email as to what you need (piano?) to the headquarters contact listed by Pam and then take any reply you get back in email with you on the cruise and check with the passenger services desk when you get on board. Hopefully someone on the cruise director's staff will give you a location, time and date and then you can let everyone in your group (I'm assuming you'll have a list of cabin numbers) know the details.[/quote']

...and as I was stating they have no problem with a private group reserving the chapel as long as the reservation is NOT a wedding. Choir practice would constitute an even that is NOT a wedding, so should be OK.

I also stated that just because you have a reservation for the chapel (or any other room for that matter) booked by the contacts Pam provided, the ship may or may not honor them.

Simple as that.

I also stated that just because you have a reservation for the chapel (or any other room for that matter) booked by the contacts Pam provided, the ship may or may not honor them.

Simple as that.

Why wouldn't they honor it? Have you had this happen and if so would you please tell us what happened. I've booked private parties for our group for one or twice parties per cruise and I've never had a problem. I've been doing it for over 20 years. Well, never with the room space. Had a few bartenders issues but that was resolved pretty quickly. That's a whole 'nother ball of wax LOL.

Why wouldn't they honor it? Have you had this happen and if so would you please tell us what happened. I've booked private parties for our group for one or twice parties per cruise and I've never had a problem. I've been doing it for over 20 years. Well, never with the room space. Had a few bartenders issues but that was resolved pretty quickly. That's a whole 'nother ball of wax LOL.

This is what I posted above:

Like I said, just one data point, but it was clear that the ship had no idea that I had a "reservation" until I confronted the housekeeping staff that was in the room. I would have expected the private event sign to be put out at a minimum, but I'm more convinced since I was not greasing the palms of anybody on the ship with cash for our event they could not have cared less.

Edited by Dudleydog73

More likely the CD knew but didn't post it, and housekeeping just decided to use an 'empty' space. The departments probably don't communicate all that much.

Like I said, just one data point, but it was clear that the ship had no idea that I had a "reservation" until I confronted the housekeeping staff that was in the room. I would have expected the private event sign to be put out at a minimum, but I'm more convinced since I was not greasing the palms of anybody on the ship with cash for our event they could not have cared less.

Just FYI, I was scheduling a private (non-wedding) CC event on the Royal T/A and they at first scheduled it in the wedding chapel. Then, so many people signed up that after checking with the CD several weeks before boarding, it was moved to Club 6. So I know you can schedule non-wedding events but it should be cleared ahead of time.

I'm assuming the housekeeping "event" was unusual and a communication failure.

Oops, sorry. I did read that :o

More likely the CD knew but didn't post it, and housekeeping just decided to use an 'empty' space. The departments probably don't communicate all that much.

I'm assuming the housekeeping "event" was unusual and a communication failure.

On a CB cruise this year, the wedding chapel was used part of each day by housekeeping to fold towels. On the CB the chapel is near the spa, so the towels may have been for there.