Beaches in Cozumel

caribbeancruising5

Hi-

We are looking in to what beaches to go in Cozumel. We will be there next February on the Carnival Sunshine. The one that I have found that looks beautiful is Playa Plancar. Has anyone been there? Beach suggestions please!!!! We need crystal clear turquoise water with amenities like beach chairs and umbrellas.

Thank You!!

Hi-

We are looking in to what beaches to go in Cozumel. We will be there next February on the Carnival Sunshine. The one that I have found that looks beautiful is Playa Plancar. Has anyone been there? Beach suggestions please!!!! We need crystal clear turquoise water with amenities like beach chairs and umbrellas.

Thank You!!

I've been to Palancar 7 times and am going again in June. No admission to enter and any food and drink is pay as you go. Taxi ride is $20 each way from Puerta Maya pier for up to 4 people (we usually find someone to split the fee with us). No water toys to speak of; this is mainly a place to relax in the chairs or enjoy the water. Beach is rocky with shells so take water shoes. It has never been very crowded the times we've been there. Any more questions, feel free to ask.

the-beach-at-playa-palancar.jpg.ef457314c4bea498c78537ad13cb72d3.jpg

about-as-crowded-as-it.jpg.bea2efa514f524259d7b143c2e553afe.jpg

I've been to Palancar 7 times and am going again in June. No admission to enter and any food and drink is pay as you go. Taxi ride is $20 each way from Puerta Maya pier for up to 4 people (we usually find someone to split the fee with us). No water toys to speak of; this is mainly a place to relax in the chairs or enjoy the water. Beach is rocky with shells so take water shoes. It has never been very crowded the times we've been there. Any more questions, feel free to ask.

It looks beautiful but is the sand is rocky in all areas or just some? We really like to have smooth white sand. If it is- do you recommend any other beaches?

It looks beautiful but is the sand is rocky in all areas or just some? We really like to have smooth white sand. If it is- do you recommend any other beaches?

No, the beach itself is not rocky but where the sea meets the beach shells get washed up and it is a bit rocky when you first enter the water. The beach itself is white sand. This is the furthest beach south from the ports and for that reason tends to be less crowded. The busiest I've personally ever seen it was no more than 50 people. More than once, when my daughter and I arrived we were the first people there and had the place to ourselves for an hour or more.

1777449460_005(768x1024).jpg.e7b2339ca7db447d73ebc1c0046a660f.jpg

885576331_009(1024x768).jpg.00e2af0ecff4cd5b33e430f85d63eb59.jpg

69504333_035(1024x768).jpg.0b8b99cda577234edbc8a5fd2bd181af.jpg

1446636005_003(1024x768).jpg.609779bb9b15055dc7010a2ae079ce9b.jpg

1871213264_039(768x1024).jpg.6a0d3b093cb3a53f34ff2375c4b77c1e.jpg

We spent a great day there several years ago. Rocks and shells at the water line. Just wear some booties. Snorkeling from shore wasn't much, but they had a good boat trip out to Palancar Reef for $35. We only had 8 people on the boat. Food was good, drinks cold, and the service was very good. We were there early when there was 7 ships in port. The place didn't fill up until after 10:00 A.M. and most left by 2:00 P.M. Plenty of loungers, hammocks and shade. I could go back.

Bunches of choices in Cozumel, Mr. Sancho's, Playa Mia, Paradise beach, Money Bar..Mr. Sancho's and Playa Mia and most others are not rocky. Photo from Mr. Sancho's a few weeks ago.

SANY2768.jpg

img host

SANY2771.jpg

image hosting sites

Thank You for the pictures and the suggestions! It looks amazing!

No, the beach itself is not rocky but where the sea meets the beach shells get washed up and it is a bit rocky when you first enter the water. The beach itself is white sand. This is the furthest beach south from the ports and for that reason tends to be less crowded. The busiest I've personally ever seen it was no more than 50 people. More than once, when my daughter and I arrived we were the first people there and had the place to ourselves for an hour or more.

Thank You!! All look amazing but we really like Mr. Sanchos! It looks amazing! I looked at the website and they have massages! Have any one in you group gotten one? a few people in our group would love to get a massage. Also how far is the beach from the pier. We will be on the Carnival pier. Closer south than the other one. Thanks Again!!

Mr. Sanchos is about a 5 minute cab ride from the pier. The driver charged us $16 each way for 4 people. It was a really nice place. Great atmosphere! The water had a lot of sea debris. Not sure what else to call it. I'm not sure if it was because there was a storm the day before. Here's a couple of photos. We were just there this month. ImageUploadedByForums1398434070.312819.jpg.61a84dbe59917f82fdd4dc2ae1eb0dc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1398434056.995197.jpg.d674eb5ae73a609c74aba5246724d8bb.jpg

Another suggestion.....is Nachi Cocum......for $55 per person you have all drinks you want (alcohol & non-alcohol) and a three course meal. The food was delicious!!!

Beautiful beach, and and nice pool with a hot tub and swim up bar. They only take 100 people so if you are looking for a quiet relaxing time this is a great place.

Google it for some nice pictures...