14 Days No Checked Luggage

Lwilli34

Well, after much experimentation I have managed to get a wardrobe that I am pleased with into my carryon for our 7 Day Mediterranean cruise as well as time spent in Barcelona and Madrid.for a total of 14 days for the whole trip.So without further ado, this is what I have.

I am open to suggestion as I have no experience with this area and could easily pack lighter I suppose. This is just what I have so far.

Casual Wear

3 Sundresses

1 black skirt

2 Tank Tops ( 1 worn on plane)

2 White Tees

1 Black Tee

1 Gray Tee

1 Printed Tee

1 Button Up Chambray Shirt ( Worn on plane)

1 Black Cardigan

1 Beige Cardigan ( Worn on plane)

2 Pairs Lightweight Pants ( worn on plane, one pair)

I Pair Leggings( worn on plane)

2 pair walking shoes ( one pair worn on plane)

Exofficio Underwear and 3 Bras, 1 strapless

Bathing Suit and coverup

Flip Flops

Formal Wear

2 Dressy Tops

1 Long Formal Gown

1 Cocktail Dress

1 Pair Dress Pants

2 pair dress shoes

Looks pretty solid. The only thing I would say is:

-I personally never bring white on a trip, as I can never keep it stain-free for more than 5 minutes. If you can manage to wear a white shirt for a whole day without looking like you've been working the fryer at a greasy-spoon, then more power to you... ;)

-I would only be bringing 1 cardigan for the Med, but then again I was hot in Italy in October, so those not quite as used to Arctic blasts as I am might want more warm clothing than I do.

Do tell what you think of the Ex Officio underwear - thinking of getting some for my Europe trip this July.

Looks good. Especially the day wear. If you can keep the white clean you're doing great!

Is the formal wear for every night if the cruise?

I'd take a skirt, pair of pants and three or four tops. With four tops that's 8 outfits. Only one pair of shoes. You can make a LBD with a black skirt and black top.

Taking out the gown and dress.

Several cruises I've worn the same skirt/shoes and just changed my tops.

Thanks Ladies for your suggestions.

There will be two formal nights, one smart casual, and one night dinner at Chops, so I thought I would wear the less fancy heels to smart casual and Chops and the fancy ones to the two formals. I also took your advice and added 2 black tees and did away with a white one and a white and black printed one to be safe I ditched one of the sweaters. Thanks again.

Wow....this is something I could NEVER do....lol...congrats. Always amazed when people can do this.:):):)

I am just one of those weirdo's that cannot wear the same thing twice *(I just feel icky)....I know, I know, but that is me. I also need shoes to match every outfit. :eek:

Just one question....what about:

Toiletries/hair care

accessories/purses/etc.

sunscreen

medications

jewelery

valuables/paperwork/cell

Sounds like a GREAT cruise. I hope you have a wonderful time.

It looks like a great list but I cannot imagine how you are fitting that all into a carryon! The shoes and toiletries would kill me. But maybe you are using a large tote too (I do that sometimes and fit my hipster purse in it when going through security).

I would add a pair of shorts or another skirt if I were you. Lots of tops but not many bottoms.

Yes, it is all going into a single carryon with the exception of medications, jewelry, makeup, travel documents, etc. It helps that my formal outfits are made from a a slinky material from Jones New York or similar brand and can be rolled up no problem.All my clothes are rolled up tight( dresses, skirts, pants, etc). I have two sets of shoes lining the bottom of my bag , one is a small set of heels, one is bulkier, so items are stuffed into those, tops are stuffed into any gaps,. Finally, Sweaters are placed on top along with Tevas which are in a bag to prevent dirt, and there you have it.

.............................. I also need shoes to match every outfit. :eek:

Start with the shoes and match every outfit to go with them.

So I took the advice of the great people on this board and added some more bottoms to go with my vast array of tops. Still considering adding another pair of capris. Here is what I have now. I took away a lot as I will be traveling by train to Madrid and don't want to haul around all that wright plus weight restrictions on plane. I was pushing it.

Casual Wear

2 Sundresses

2 Skirts, match all my tops

1 Pair Shorts

1 Pair Capri Pants

1 Pair Lightweight slacks

2 Tank Tops

1 Chambray Shirt

6 Short Sleeve Tees

1 Black Cardigan

1 Pair walking shoes

Exofficio Underwear and 3 Bras, 1 strapless

Bathing Suit and coverup

Flip Flops

Formal Wear

2 Dressy Tops

1 Long Formal Gown

1 Cocktail Dress

1 Pair Palazzo Pants

Dress Shoes

Toiletry Kit

meds

jewelry

Vacaa plans

Only thing I can see adding is a fantastic scarf. Buy it on the street when you get there. Don't know the prices in Spain but in Rome scarves are around e7.

You are doing really good. What about electronics?

This is a fun thread to read about packing light

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2011190&highlight=stuff

Edited by SadieN

I could probably do it, but the hubby, not so much, so we don't even bother. I tried for our last cruise, but there really was just no way.

His clothes are just too big - and he's not that big a guy. His suit and dress shoes alone pretty much fill up a carryon. :(

Curling iron is in suitcase, traveling with mom, so sharing hair dryer,which is in her bag. E-Reader and cell in my small purse/bag thingy.

Don't forget the chargers! ;)

That's something I'd do.

To the poster who asked how the ExOfficio undies were: I've had some of them for 8 years now (different pairs). I love them. I have some of the bikini bottoms and some of the string bikini bottoms. They feel very nice on the body and are very nice to have on when you're out on a very hot day - they cool. They are very wash 'n go - just wash out when you're getting ready for the evening and they are ready to go in the morning. I take 3 pair with me and just wash and rotate. They are well made and have lasted for years of use.

At one time, they had some sleep bottoms made from the same material that were just above the knee length. They are my major favorites for taking for sleep when I travel. AND, in the springtime, they serve as my base layer when I go skiing in warm weather :cool:

To me, they have definitely been worth the money spent on them.