drink history question

I understand that when you get a drink, your card is swiped when paying by the drink to keep track of how much you owe, but is this the same if you have a drink package? Do they keep track of every drink you order?

If so, at the end of your cruise can you have a statement seeing what your trip WOULD have cost, drink wise and determine if the drink package would be the right fit for you on your next cruise? See what i am getting at?

thoughts?

I understand that when you get a drink, your card is swiped when paying by the drink to keep track of how much you owe, but is this the same if you have a drink package? Do they keep track of every drink you order?

If so, at the end of your cruise can you have a statement seeing what your trip WOULD have cost, drink wise and determine if the drink package would be the right fit for you on your next cruise? See what i am getting at?

thoughts?

Not every ship swipes your card when you have a package, but most do. There is a place on the receipt (which will show $0 owed) for you to write in an additional gratuity, if you so desire.

They do NOT, however, give you any sort of accounting of all of your drinks. You may feel free to keep your receipts and do so.

:)

thoughts?

Someone reported once that they cancelled the package a day or two into the cruise, and they had to pay individually for every drink consumed to that point. So it looks like they do keep track, though I don't know if they have the ability to show you what you would have been charged, without actually charging you.

Was on Liberty in Jan, card was swiped each time, but no receipt. I asked the bartender why and he said it saves a lot of time when they get busy, not having to get a signed copy. He also said it keeps people from counting their receipts at the end of the day.

On the Allure last week they swiped for every drink and/or bottle of water, and asked for a signed receipt (everytime but twice for water only) . Your television will show all the transactions, all with a $0 amount next to it, but on the last day the balance sheet only showed what you were charged for - no tally of all the $0 drinks. So, unless you track the # of drinks from the TV, no other way of knowing.

If you were a business, would you want to know what your inventory is, and what the "burn" rate is of each item?

If you were a business, would you want to "track" the trends with unlimited packages? Do you have a profit, or is the price too low? How are your customers handling it? Do you need to tweak the package?

So each drink that is served is tracked. However, it is tracked for the benefit of the business, and not the consumer. No need to hand out receipts to a customer. Different "managers" on the different ships, may track their inventory differently and therefore, require a different practice.

On the Allure last week they swiped for every drink and/or bottle of water, and asked for a signed receipt (everytime but twice for water only) . Your television will show all the transactions, all with a $0 amount next to it, but on the last day the balance sheet only showed what you were charged for - no tally of all the $0 drinks. So, unless you track the # of drinks from the TV, no other way of knowing.

This is good to know.

We were planning on getting the high end drink package for the first week of our back to back, tracking, and then deciding whether or not it would be worth it for the second week. Second week has an extra port, although we may stay on board in Jamaica and enjoy the almost empty ship.