Documents Received...

alexspepa

I haven't received any documents yet. Cruising June 20. Still haven't got my flights officially booked by Oceania? When should I expect them?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Cruise Planner usually come 4-6 wks out

Check in the Already Booked section on Oceania website the flight might be listed there ?? If not ask who you booked with

We usually do the deviation so I know the flights as soon as I book them

Oh boy did I screw up - apparently I input the wrong passport issue date for myself when registering online.

I only discovered this error when my wife received her Turkish visa and I did not...called Oceania and we discovered the problem.

They are refiling and seem confident there will be no problem - but obviously with three weeks to go I am extremely nervous.

The only thing worse would be if I had messed up the missus' information.

Oh boy did I screw up - apparently I input the wrong passport issue date for myself when registering online.

I only discovered this error when my wife received her Turkish visa and I did not...called Oceania and we discovered the problem.

They are refiling and seem confident there will be no problem - but obviously with three weeks to go I am extremely nervous.

The only thing worse would be if I had messed up the missus' information.

You apply online for the Turkish Visa or buy one at the airport if you are arriving by plane in Turkey

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

If you are a US Citizen, Turkey issues eVisa's which can be obtained online very fast.....getting it online costs $60 you just fill out the online application.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oceania is applying for it - I am afraid if I also applied that could mess it up again?

thanks for the suggestions - I do appreciate them.

You apply online for the Turkish Visa or buy one at the airport if you are arriving by plane in Turkey

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Turkey is no longer allowing you to get a Visa on arrival.... This is a new requirement, you gave to do prior to arrival.

This rule is effective April 10, 2014

Edited by nana541

Turkey is no longer allowing you to get a Visa on arrival.... This is a new requirement, you gave to do prior to arrival.

This rule is effective April 10, 2014

Thanks for the update

I guess those flying to Turkey need to get their VISA ahead of time

For US citizens the Turkey E Visa program takes about 3 minutes and costs USD $20. Very, very easy and efficient.

Guess I looked at a commercial website as it quoted $59.95 for a Turkish eVisa :)

I just read on another thread that this date has possibly been extended until December. But don't believe me as this info could be wrong.

The eVisa is so fast and easy it's just better to get it and be done!

Appears there are visa processors who use copycat sites to add a fee. Here's a Tripadvisor thread:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312725-i3507-k7384939-EVisas-Belek_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html

Yiks! I just did a fast Google search and obviously that is exactly what I found but non the less the rules gave changed or have been extended to December...

Do you get it when you arrive in Turkey???

No, after you fill out the application form online, you get an email confirmation, then you supply your credit card number and you receive another email with your visa attached in Adobe Acrobat which you just print out and take with you.

Indeed the application process only took a few minutes and the website is excellent, with an explanation available next to every question asked.

I believe that for at least most of this year you still can get your visa through a machine at the airport, but the lines may be very long.

BTW, there are many threads about the new visa process on the Istanbul forum of sister website tripadvisor.

Edited by CintiPam

Do you get it when you arrive in Turkey???

No you used to be able to buy them in the airport but the Turkish Government now wants them purchased prior to arriving in port or at the airport.

Apply online and pay $20 or apply thru Regent and pay??? ($40 or 60)

Edited by nana541

No. You apply on line and print it on your own printer. That's it! Very, very easy.

EXACTLY

You apply ahead of time .... which is what I posted 13 messages ago

Edited by LHT28

There still will be machine availabilty at the airport in Istanbul to obtain one if you do not apply in advance online. The Turkish government was going to end the purchase at airport capability this month but instead has extended it through November.

However, I read on sister website tripadvisor that the visa obtained at the airport indeed will cost more (plus I would not want to stand in line at a machine and hope that it is in working order).

Oceania is applying for it - I am afraid if I also applied that could mess it up again?

thanks for the suggestions - I do appreciate them.

This may be a blessing in disguise. Assuming it costs more to have Oceania to apply for it (and I am almost certain it is), you could tell Oceania to cancel your application and apply for it yourself in the e-visa link provided on this thread.