In-Room Safe

I have searched but have found no conclusive answers... How big are the in-room safes (specifically on the Vision)? Can you fit an iPad mini sized tablet?

Also, has anyone had any problems with the safe in terms of thefts?

Thank you!!

I guess I'd say the safes are about the size of a shoe box if that helps. :)

We've never had a problem either with anything missing from our cabin - even things not "locked-up" much less the safe. We do make a practice of tidying up the cabin before we leave for the day or for dinner just in case the steward has the door open while they're working. Figure there's no point in tempting fate with anyone passing by in the passageway :D

Sometimes I miss Redcard! ;)

Well, that poster did live in a different place than the rest of us:rolleyes:

We have used the safes with no issue on every cruise. I keep jewelry, money, cell phones, wallets, passports and anything else of real value that isn't very large in it. We never worry about laptops or kindles. We just keep them out of sight in the room usually. My DS is visiting today and is sitting next to me right now with his ipad mini and it is definitely small enough to fit.

The thread has been pulled. It was a good one. All in fun as there are no blue safes. Poster may now be going by the name Redcard.

That might have beed Redcard's first really effective thread.

I think it's a shame they take down any thread they "think" is off topic like the "Blue Safe" or one for how Happy Groundhog Day was bringing good cruising weather. I'm not talking about random threads but those that do have a cruising reference.

Those type of threads build a feeling of a sharing community rather than a Q&A board with threads often of the same questions being asked weekly or cruise reviews only.

I've been involved with online communities for 15+ years. Without that community feeling - people can be touchy about comments others might make because we're all strangers emotionally here.

Just a thought :)

Edited by summersigh