Favorite Ship?

Jewel of the Seas. (Also loved Serenade, but she has not experienced an update and I haven't cruised on her since then.)

Reasons:

• OUTSIDE dining tables at the Windjammer. LOVE seeing the ship pull into port while I'm sitting outside eating my breakfast and sipping my morning coffee.
  • OUTSIDE elevators, which can cause a little vertigo initially. Love being able to SEE the SEA, even when traveling between decks.
  • THE SOLARIUM is just gorgeous.
  • MORE INTIMATE. I prefer the Quest in the smaller venue, where everyone is participating as opposed to the vast majority of people just watching.
  • PORTS - there is a larger variety of ports accessible by these smaller ships. I understand that some people view the ship as the destination, but I'm not one of those people. I don't see every sailing on the mega-ships because the ports are ...well...been there/done that.
  • THE SERVICE is amazing on the smaller ships.
  • NO CROWDS! It seems counter-intuitive, but I've found the crowds to be so much less on the small ships. We noticed in the photos we took on Jewel last month, there are hardly ever any other people around! (Except on sea day, of course.)
  • THE VIEWS! The mega ships are just too large to allow sea views from all locations. Not so with the smaller ships. Windows, windows EVERYWHERE. I like being constantly reminded, "You're on a SHIP!"

Just booked Jewel again for 2016. Can't wait!!

I have to say Adventure Of The Seas out of San Juan. For one, you are starting your cruise in the Caribbean. We have sailed from there 3 times and just love San Juan. Usually spend 2 days before the cruise and 2 days after.

What's your favorite RCI ship and why?
Richard spacey on the allure so organized

and fun a floating activity center they had two ice shows and two aqua shows in addition to all the fun adventure activities rock wall flowrider ice rink zipline mini golf if you never get off the ship the whole 7 days you would still NOT get everything done

What's your favorite RCI ship and why?

#1. Voyager Class: Perfect size as a "mega" liner with all the WOWS but still super easy to navigate. Ice rink, sports court, Promenade, 3 tier MDR, helipad, super pool deck, great theatre size for excellent production shows, schooner bar is in an awesome location.

#2. Oasis Class: A VERY close 2nd. No explanations needed here!

#3. Vision Class: Cruising is an experience on these ships. It's all about the ocean, chilling out, great food, and the people you cruise with. I've never experienced a bad crew on the smaller ships, upper tier service, and now with the re-vitalization they're even better. Anyone who has only been on the bigger ships should try a Vision Class cruise sometime.

#4. Freedom Class: The aft end is much too long for my liking in comparison to Voyager Class. Do not ever get a cabin in the rear of the ship. Many more passengers but about the same amount of public space as Voyager Class.

#5. Radiance Class. Poor pool size for amount of passengers. A useless sports court. Kids pool/outdoor area seems to be un-used. I found Vision Centrum much more inviting. However, the rear open deck past Rita's Cantina is the absolutely best feature. I also loved Radiance Viking Crown with the rotating bar in the evening during night club hours.

For the record, never had a bad cruise on any class... these are just personal opinions. :D