Hyatt Regency Downtown Miami

cruise4fam

I will be staying downtown at the Hyatt Regency. Just wondering if any one can tell me is there anything close by shops, restaurants within walking distance besides at the hotel? Also the web sight says 2 mile to POM any thoughts on how much for a cab or is there a better way to get to the port?

Thanks for the help.

You can walk to Bayside Mall from your hotel. I would probably use a cab in the evenings. Lots of restaurants and little shops there. Nearby there right on Biscayne is a newer CVS store good for last min things including wine and snacks.

Just google map the hotel to Bayside.

Cab to pier will be $10 tops.

I wouldn't say it is "dangerous", expecially compared to some grimy areas. But I think.. it IS a huge city, I'm walking streets I'm not familiar with and I don't want to have to look over my shoulder late at night....in ANY big city downtown area. Call me super careful. Anyways, as long as I wasn't walking in the dark, I'd be good. After 10 or so I'd take the cheap cab back to the hotel from wherever I was out and about.

Daytime...I'd walk and get the exercise.;)

Edited by eandj

I agree with you better safe then sorry. I think the latest we would be out would be 8-9 pm. I prefer to walk and get the exercise but not take a chance with safety. Just wondering if the neighbor was less then desirable.

On another note any recommendations on a good place to eat in the Bayside market place?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On another note any recommendations on a good place to eat in the Bayside market place?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/dining-entertainment

There are chain restaurants as well as local and a big variety of food and pricing. We have had average sandwich type lunches at a couple of the casual waterside spots. We don't like to go to chains when on vacation. Bubba's is popular there tho. Have a great time.

Hi All,

I have taken a number of cruises from Fort Lauderdale but may be departing from Port of Miami for my next cruise.

Can anyone recommend the best/closest option which is suitable for a 1 night stay pre-cruise?

Thanks in Advance

I walk in that area all the time, you will still be fine walking back from Bayside to the Hyatt, just walk along Biscayne Blvd.

You have plenty of restaurants within walking distance, all over the Brickell area that aren't chains or have much better food than at Bayside. That's just my personal opinion but I will say I don't know of anyone who lives here in the Brickell area that ever goes to Bayside to eat.

Love the Hyatt in downtown Miami. There is a people mover you can get to by going through the hotel. It will bring you within I think 3 blocks of Bayside. Lots of restaurants there. We had no problems in the evening. The people mover does make several stops in different areas. Just check as to where you want to go. It is also free. There is also a CVS just blocks from the hotel for any last minute items. You could if you wanted to walk to Bayside. We did once but with the people mover it just made it that much easier. Have stayed at the Hyatt several times. It is my favorite hotel when cruising out of Miami. There is a walking map if you do a search on the internet. Sorry I do not know how to send it to you. There may even be one on the Hyatt's site. Have fun!

How far is the Brickell area? Is it walking distance from the Hyatt Regency? Thanks for all the great info. ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About a block! There is plenty of places all within walking distance or jumping on the people mover.

We actually met a couple Saturday evening at The River Oyster who were staying here and leaving Sunday on a 4 month cruise on Holland America. We walked them back to the train stop and told them to jump on a take it 2 stops to get back to the Hyatt.

Hi All,

I have taken a number of cruises from Fort Lauderdale but may be departing from Port of Miami for my next cruise.

Can anyone recommend the best/closest option which is suitable for a 1 night stay pre-cruise?

Thanks in Advance

Hotels near the port of Miami include the Marriott Biscayne Bay, Hyatt, Doubletree, Holiday Inn, Intercontinental.