LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing April 27th!

We took a cab over to the Fish Fry but nearly every place was closed

2014-04-28081541_zps32f888b0.jpg

2014-04-28081547_zpsc6a82c9c.jpg

2014-04-28082038_zps4aeef50b.jpg

But we found a gem of a place called Casa Del Mar. Harry was a very friendly bartender. If fact the whole staff was great

2014-04-28083045_zps41e374f7.jpg

The conch fritters were excellent

2014-04-28095916_zps0c82751e.jpg

Ah Chris! Thanks for all the photos. Was everything (foodwise) all closed because we are too early to the party? Can't wait to be there soon.

Indeed... most of the places don't open till 11 am about Casa Del Mar was already open and even serves breakfast :)

Chris, thanks for the review. We will be on the Allure for July 4th week. First time on that class of ship and looking forward to the experience.

I am happy about the limes! Lemons in my gin and tonic on the Silhouette was disappointing! Speaking of shortages, the Silhouette had escargot on the daily menu. What about on the Allure?

Yes, we're on that sailing. First time with a smaller ship going out of FLL.

Slow WiFi is frustrating especially when you've laid a lot out for an unlimited package.

Sailed on Grandeur out of Fort Lauderdale before but look forward to Vision making her first appearance in Bermuda and to meeting you as well :)

Chris, thanks for the review. We will be on the Allure for July 4th week. First time on that class of ship and looking forward to the experience.

I am happy about the limes! Lemons in my gin and tonic on the Silhouette was disappointing! Speaking of shortages, the Silhouette had escargot on the daily menu. What about on the Allure?

I have not heard about escargot being offered on Allure in a long time but will check on it

Thank you for your review. What company did you book with? We have 10 people coming and that would be a great surprise.

I used a company called Holland Limousine. They have a website and if you email them, the owner Hans is really good about getting back to you right away.

Chris, have you had a chance to check out the cupcakes? What are prices and are they worth it. Thanks Loving your review. Will be sailing out this Sunday when you return.

I did the cupcakes once and enjoyed them but that was nearly two years ago so I'm not sure what the prices are.

Chris, the one picture you posted in Nassau that you are heading back to the ship, what beach is that? It almost looks to be within walking distance from the port, is it? Thank you.

Enjoy the rest of your day!:)

That's Junkanoo Beach and it's maybe a 15 minute walk from the cruise ship terminal. Lots of outdoor restaurants right there too

Chris, awesome sail away! Love all your photos and Gambee's too!

Looking at the sign from camera position, he is on the left!

Most if us order our boas from this website: http://cynthiasfeathers.com/product_info.php/cPath/21/products_id/28?osCsid=04cf0f2b9d7165ec43331fafd228d2d1

They come in a flat envelope and fluff right up when you take them out. Be sure to order the 180 gram light pink! Comes in 5 to 7 days. I have not been able to find them in the stores. The ones in the stores fall a part too quickly and tend to be scratchy.

Thanks, Wendy! I've bookmarked the site. Now, to find the fedora!! :)

The fedoras are easy too. You can get them at Party City for about $7.00 each and they travel well. You can crush them and they pop right back. We stuff our boas in a gallon ziplock baggie and push all the air out. They become very flat and travel very well in their little bags!

Thanks again, Wendy! Party City it is!

Good morning ~ I am sure Chris when he gets back on can add to this information and I hope he will :)

Many of us have been wearing pink boas on our cruises for some time. The pink boa has become a symbol of our cruising friendships and an unique way of finding each other on the ship.

It is simply about friendship, fun and feathers. It really has become a sail away tradition now especially with the exposure because of the PTZtv webcams. The men wear pink fedoras as you saw Chris and his friends, pink polo/tshirt at sail away and on formal evenings a pink vest, bow tie and those fedoras look pretty cool with the dark suit. Often the men will get more comments about their fedora hats than the woman with the pink boas.

You will see the ladies with their boas at the Meet and Mingle, formal nights, 70's party in the promenade, Prohibition party and any other time they feel they want a 'pink boa moment'

Thanks for asking :) anyone can join in on this fun tradition:)

Thanks again! You have now answered my next yet unasked question (thanks to "readytolose." I had planned to get with Chris online via email after he gets back from this cruise and before our Regal Princess cruise and find out the details of becoming a member of this group. So if I understand it correctly, it's a just "show up in pink" and bingo! I IS ONE! Now to shop for pink golf shirts. I already have a pink dress shirt or two, so I'm covered there! :D

Is it exclusive to RCCL? I don't think I have ever seen it on any other line.

Gambee! I was thinking the same thing! But Chris is pushing for us to wear pink and he said he'd provide some fedoras for the Regal Princess Maiden Caribbean voyage out of Pt. Everglades on Nov. 6 and 9th. (there is another groups coordinator running the 6th, but I'm running the 9th, so something tells me there will be pink at BOTH!! :eek:

Chris - Thanks for taking the time to bring us along. I had never seen photos of the Nassau Fish Fry before - looks like it would be neat to try.

If uploading becomes too time-consuming: if you have a photo program on your laptop you could "resize" your (upload photos) to something like 1232 x 816 (4MP) (saving the re-sized image under a different name like IMG 8765 WEB) and upload that image which is more than adequate for our viewing. If your photo program supports "save for web" you could additionally do this for even faster upload.

Another less desirable option is to go into the Nikon set-up and reduce the shooting resolution from the 16 MP you're probably shooting at - but then you'd come home with lower resolution images.

Thanks, Ken

Thanks again! You have now answered my next yet unasked question (thanks to "readytolose." I had planned to get with Chris online via email after he gets back from this cruise and before our Regal Princess cruise and find out the details of becoming a member of this group. So if I understand it correctly, it's a just "show up in pink" and bingo! I IS ONE! Now to shop for pink golf shirts. I already have a pink dress shirt or two, so I'm covered there! :D

Yes Larry ~ Pretty easy to become a member :) and a pink boa /fedora cruiser wave on Regal Princess would be fabulous.

If you have any ladies in the group we can provide a link to a quality pink boa and not too expensive. If the men want to wave one too be our guest :)