LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing April 27th!

Only a handful of people up yet...still a little late for us early radicals! We can't seem to sleep past 6 even on a cruise. Just too excited I guess, but we love that early morning city still asleep feel...when you can wonder around such a huge vessel and feel totally alone with her all to yourself:)

I am a first time cruiser sailing on the allure this Sunday with my girls. This review is really making us excited!!!! Thank you so much bugsy and I hope you are having a FANTASTIC trip so far!!!

Tammy n girls

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will be sailing with your gang on this cruise also as the first leg of my B2B. It's getting close!.....K.O.:)

Good morning friends and welcome to day three of LIVE from Allure of the Seas! It's a beautiful but rather windy day here aboard Lady Allure. Today will be kind of a busy day with the meet and mingle and then my slot pull afterwards but I promise to update as soon as I can.

Our first full day at sea! Stay tuned as the day gets under way :)

Off to have COFFEE!! :D

Good morning from Allure

2014-04-29062504_zps3e37d1f6.jpg

2014-04-29062510_zpsa6ec2ba9.jpg

2014-04-29062516_zpsc339f2ad.jpg

Good Morning Chris, I am living vicariously through your review right now. I will be doing the same exact itinerary this Saturday on Oasis and cannot wait. My review won't be nearly as good as yours. Enjoy every minute of every day...you deserve it.

Hi Mary ~ I am a Boardwalk balcony fan. Having sailed on Oasis class 9 times (7 Oasis sailings and twice on Allure) this type of balcony is my 'go to' cabin for a few reasons.

When I sail on one of the Big Sisters unique ships in themselves I like to choose a cabin that you can only experience on this type of ship. I am lucky enough to cruise often enough and save the ocean view balconies for other ships.:) That is my personal thinking on the matter :)

I think the Boardwalk offers the best of both worlds. A view of the ocean and the activity of the Boardwalk. I have never been bothered by the noise and when there is noise it is minimal.

My favorite deck is deck 11 and the best cabin in my eyes is 11329 or 11729 the very last aft boardwalk balcony. My first choice would be 11329 port side as it is the same side you can wave to the webcam from that large public balcony like Bugsy ( Chris and friends) did on Sunday. You are steps away from the large public balcony that is rarely used during the day. Deck 12 offers this as well.

Curiously I have never been able to secure that cabin 11329 but have stayed in 11327, 11325 and twice on deck 10 in similar cabins.

This is the sunset view as we sailed away on Oasis from 11325

10154202_10152093775886693_8078055674436601606_n.jpg

Thanks for posting this photo, when we sail in July, we have room 10329, just one floor down.

Hi Mary ~ I am a Boardwalk balcony fan. Having sailed on Oasis class 9 times (7 Oasis sailings and twice on Allure) this type of balcony is my 'go to' cabin for a few reasons.

When I sail on one of the Big Sisters unique ships in themselves I like to choose a cabin that you can only experience on this type of ship. I am lucky enough to cruise often enough and save the ocean view balconies for other ships.:) That is my personal thinking on the matter :)

I think the Boardwalk offers the best of both worlds. A view of the ocean and the activity of the Boardwalk. I have never been bothered by the noise and when there is noise it is minimal.

My favorite deck is deck 11 and the best cabin in my eyes is 11329 or 11729 the very last aft boardwalk balcony. My first choice would be 11329 port side as it is the same side you can wave to the webcam from that large public balcony like Bugsy ( Chris and friends) did on Sunday. You are steps away from the large public balcony that is rarely used during the day. Deck 12 offers this as well.

Curiously I have never been able to secure that cabin 11329 but have stayed in 11327, 11325 and twice on deck 10 in similar cabins.

This is the sunset view as we sailed away on Oasis from 11325

10154202_10152093775886693_8078055674436601606_n.jpg

Emmy,

Just confirmed cabin 11329 for our sailing in 2016. Thank you so much for your suggestions.

The meet and mingle was held at 9:30 and we had a decent attendance...

2014-04-29083224_zpsfbba91ce.jpg

2014-04-29083235_zps31216ec9.jpg

Katie, the activities director was the host

2014-04-29084732_zps548ff9d1.jpg

Ashley was excited to win a "premium" bottle of wine ;)

2014-04-29084957_zpsa8605106.jpg

Looks like they have gotten rid of the cheap champagne! Wine might be a better choice!

Thanks for the photo of Katie Turner!! I just love her!

Can you please find out how much these drinks are with these cups. I got them on Oasis in Feb/Mar on my B2B and some people have been asking me. They are sold with the drink of the day by the pool. They might only be sold on sea days.

1509667_10152368887356189_1811045793_n.jpg

Off to the slot pull and some more exploring. Thanks for tuning in everyone! :)

9:30 M&M instead of 10:30....interesting. Looks like you had a good group, we have 112 registered so far, wonder how many will show up.

Have fun at the slot pull!! Be sure to let us know how it goes!!

Emmy,

Just confirmed cabin 11329 for our sailing in 2016. Thank you so much for your suggestions.

You are welcome Mary ~ one of these days I will book far enough in advance to get to try that 11329 :) :)

Really enjoying your review.

Who is the CD? Too lazy to hunt down DonnaK's thread.

Only 6 weeks to our Vision pink sands cruise.

OUR Vsion arrived in Port Everglades today docked at Allure/Oasis's spot at

Terminal 18:D:D

OUR Vsion arrived in Port Everglades today docked at Allure/Oasis's spot at

Terminal 18:D:D

That would be SO awesome if that was the spot we get in June!!

Wendy, I got that cup when we were in CocoCay this past Dec. but don't remember how much the drink was. I love the cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? They had them on Coco Cay? That would be GREAT! I am really tired of the other cups they have there. They are the same as the ones on Labadee, but they say Coco Cay. I like these new cups so much better! I am using mine right now.....drinking water out of it and pretending I am at the pool with Chris drinking a foofoo drink!!:D

Can you please find out how much these drinks are with these cups. I got them on Oasis in Feb/Mar on my B2B and some people have been asking me. They are sold with the drink of the day by the pool. They might only be sold on sea days.

I bought one on Oasis OTS last September. They were selling them on the pool deck with the drink of the day for $8 or $9. It was a great deal, since you get a really nice insulated cup.

Yes, we are a very large group with a LOT of FUN people. I am originally from Wisconsin and I know right where Kenosha is.....I am a little more partial to Racine and their Kringles!! I will be passing through there shortly as I have to move my college son from one apartment to another in a few short weeks. I am so glad you are enjoying our group and may I be one of the first to welcome you with wide open pink feathered arms!!

Wendy B, I know all about those kringles! My wife makes runs up to H&O Danish Bakery at least a couple times a month. They are delicious.

Were cruising with Chris onboard the Regal Princess in November. He has our roll call group already preparing for the boa & fedora sail away. It will be lot's of fun for sure!:)

Chris, keep up the good work, I'm enjoying every post of this live review.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene