Just got a price drop!

What a nice surprise. Logged in this evening to check prices for our B2B in September on FOS, and the price for our first week had gone down $240, and the second week had actually gone up.

Just goes to show you it's good to check a few times each day. The prices hadn't changed when I checked earlier this morning.

:D

Got a price drop as well for our B2B in February!

so did you have to call to get your fare lowered or is that automatic?

I pretend booked online, called Royal and asked about the lower price. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a nice surprise. Logged in this evening to check prices for our B2B in September on FOS, and the price for our first week had gone down $240, and the second week had actually gone up.

Just goes to show you it's good to check a few times each day. The prices hadn't changed when I checked earlier this morning.

:D

Fabulous! :)

I have a question about my price drop.

Because I thought the military rate was only for retired or active military, I never check that box. My husband served 4 years in the Navy and was honorably discharged, but he's not "retired," and he's not active; he got out in 1979.

When I do my mock booking, I check the "over 55" and then the state we live in. That's how the "exclusive rate" popped up. When I was talking to the RC rep last night, she read this same paragraph to me,

"Prices shown reflect the Exclusive Rate that you have selected. A valid driver's license or state-issued ID; U.S. or Canadian military ID; or U.S. or Canadian local, state or federal law enforcement, fire department, or EMT employment badge or ID must be presented at the pier to validate eligibility for the applicable Exclusive Rate. If eligibility cannot be validated, you will be charged the standard rate or otherwise will be denied boarding.

I told her that I didn't think we were eligible for a military discount, but apparently being honorably discharged after serving only 2 years, you are. But still, I never checked the military box.

So I guess I don't know what the "exclusive rate" is for, and it didn't seem like she did either. If you read the that paragraph, it covers military and residence discounts by asking for a valid driver's license. How do you find out?

I'm going to bring a copy of my husband's DD214 with us just in case, but I never checked the military box. And, I just did my morning mock booking, not checking military, and still am getting the exclusive rate, which makes me think it's for something else.

Does that make sense?

Edited by jules815

Re: Price drop ? Military

On your Royal Caribbean Booking Confirmation under the section that shows your Reservation ID: under Sailing Date it should show Promo Restrictions: if it shows "Military Discount" then you have the military discount and need to bring the DD214. That promo section will tell what discount you have. If you do a mock booking check the prices for ILL and Military. if either is cheaper call your TA or RCL or who ever you booked with. You do not get a military discount by bringing the DD214 to the pier that has to be stated on your booking.

The way I read that statement, it seems like a catch all clause. That since you have a STATE discount, you must show a state issued ID?

Any government issued ID that confirms the state of residence will suffice.

I have a question about my price drop.

Because I thought the military rate was only for retired or active military, I never check that box. My husband served 4 years in the Navy and was honorably discharged, but he's not "retired," and he's not active; he got out in 1979.

When I do my mock booking, I check the "over 55" and then the state we live in. That's how the "exclusive rate" popped up. When I was talking to the RC rep last night, she read this same paragraph to me,

"Prices shown reflect the Exclusive Rate that you have selected. A valid driver's license or state-issued ID; U.S. or Canadian military ID; or U.S. or Canadian local, state or federal law enforcement, fire department, or EMT employment badge or ID must be presented at the pier to validate eligibility for the applicable Exclusive Rate. If eligibility cannot be validated, you will be charged the standard rate or otherwise will be denied boarding.

I told her that I didn't think we were eligible for a military discount, but apparently being honorably discharged after serving only 2 years, you are. But still, I never checked the military box.

So I guess I don't know what the "exclusive rate" is for, and it didn't seem like she did either. If you read the that paragraph, it covers military and residence discounts by asking for a valid driver's license. How do you find out?

I'm going to bring a copy of my husband's DD214 with us just in case, but I never checked the military box. And, I just did my morning mock booking, not checking military, and still am getting the exclusive rate, which makes me think it's for something else.

Does that make sense?

On my Freedom cruise last year I received a residency and military (Retired) discount. On my Serenade cruise I received a military discount. On neither cruise was I asked to present my Retired Military ID or my DL on Freedom. That does not mean to not bring the proper ID with you for proof as you never know. It could be that they just do random checks, but I always have both ID's in my wallet anyway. :cool:

The way I read that statement, it seems like a catch all clause. That since you have a STATE discount, you must show a state issued ID?

It is a catch all clause. I had the same wording in my reservation and I've never been in the military. It also mentioned police, fire dept or EMT ID which I don't qualify for.

I was afraid some glitch had given me a rate for which I was not qualified for so I called. They said it was for my state of residency and that any ID showing valid residency would suffice.