Brilliance Boston disembarkment

Has anyone done self disembarkment? Or would it be better to do a RCI ship to airport transfer? We are looking at return flights from Boston, and are wondering how long it takes to get to the airport from the port since some of the flights leave kind of early. Thanks in advance.

I don't know from experience, but I will in October.

The airport and cruise port aren't terribly far from each other. I looked into RCL transfers and they were going to be triple the cost of a taxi for us (3 people). I don't know what time they will start to disembark, but I would say it's doable on your own. I don't think the ship transfers will get you there earlier because they have to wait for a bus load of people, a taxi would probably be quicker.

Has anyone done self disembarkment? Or would it be better to do a RCI ship to airport transfer? We are looking at return flights from Boston, and are wondering how long it takes to get to the airport from the port since some of the flights leave kind of early. Thanks in advance.

Both of the weekends for that sailing are busy weekends since the ship sails Columbus Day weekend and then disembarks the weekend of the Head of the Charles Regatta. We did this same sailing in 2010 and self disembark didn't start until around 7:30 if I remember correctly. The airport is within sight of the port but on the other side of the harbor. Since it will be a Sunday, traffic shouldn't be an issue. I would just grab a taxi. Ship transfers would be a lot more expensive. I am on the same sailing but we are either being dropped off at the port or might leave our car since we live just north of Boston.

How early are the flights you are considering?

I would self disembark and take a cab. It is a straight shot through the Ted Williams Tunnel to the airport. I don't see it taking more than 20 minutes, if that. There will be no traffic in the area on a Sunday morning.

I came into Boston on the Brilliance TA last Sep. I did not self disembark and I was outside the terminal after collecting my luggage at 9:15 waiting for my husband to pick me up.

I would self disembark and take a cab. It is a straight shot through the Ted Williams Tunnel to the airport. I don't see it taking more than 20 minutes, if that. There will be no traffic in the area on a Sunday morning.

I came into Boston on the Brilliance TA last Sep. I did not self disembark and I was outside the terminal after collecting my luggage at 9:15 waiting for my husband to pick me up.

Thanks, this is very helpful to me. We are on the TA that arrives Sept 14, 2014. We have usually done self disembark on our cruises. [we hate the waiting around for the # to be called] However, we hit diamond 2 cruises ago. On our last cruise we got the disembark # 3. . . . so we said forget schlepping luggage and we put it out the night before. :) Your experience sounds like we can do that again and still make it through customs in a timely fashion. Customs must be more efficient here than it was for my Legend Ta to arrived in Fort Lauderdale.

I thought the disembarkation for the Brilliance TA was one of the easiest I have experienced. We were docked at 6 am. Apparently they really scurried to get all the luggage off. I was also Diamond at that time. If I recall correctly, we waitd in line on the ship to check out. The customs and immigration folks were on the ship itself and we handed our forms to them and then punched out with our Seapass cards. That was it. The terminal was essentially deserted but all the luggage was piled up waiting to be claimed. Couldn't have been easier. I ended up waiting for DH instead of the other way around. The outside street by the pier was essentially deserted.