Why is the liberty of the seas returning to port?

If it was a medical emergency, they would just air lift, so I suspect it's something else. We just got off the Liberty last Saturday --absolutely wonderful cruise.

They wouldn't airlift if she's close enough to return to port.

She's on her way back out. Hope the patient and his/her family will be ok.

Yes, she is.....so they get to start this all over again....here's hoping for a speedy recovery for the ill patient. For all others....hit the 'restart' button!

Just got a call from my dad who is onboard. They have been sitting three miles off the coast. Someone did have a heart attack and the captain has made the decision to return to the dock and offload the patient.

Thank you for passing along this info from you dad who is actually on the ship.

LuLu

Whoever is at the helm just pulled off sliding a cruise ship like a sports car into a parallel parking spot.

I was in the middle of my workout routine and missed it!! Think they will put it on video?

(I am preparing to go to nautical school and would love to see this fine handling, haha)

I was in the middle of my workout routine and missed it!! Think they will put it on video?

(I am preparing to go to nautical school and would love to see this fine handling, haha)

It was a very good demonstration of superior ship handling. I'm sure there are tighter spots and tougher maneuvers, but that whole business was just about as smooth as glass.

It was a very good demonstration of superior ship handling. I'm sure there are tighter spots and tougher maneuvers, but that whole business was just about as smooth as glass.

Awesome. I really hope I get to see it. :D

Hope the victim survived and is ok. We were on Diamond Princess in S Korea and the Captain slid in so fast I thought we were going to ram the dock for sure but he stopped about 8 inches from it. Never used the Tugs either.

Edited by Passin Thru

I was on the Liberty TA last year and while we were docked to depart, the Navigator which had left from New Orleans and also on a TA crossing, made an unscheduled pit stop in Ft Lauderdale for a medical emergency.

Later on towards the end of our TA voyage, it was Liberty's turn to make an unscheduled stop in the Azores in order to offload a passenger with a medical emergency. Ironically, Navigator was docked there while this time Liberty was the surprise guest.

It seems that these medical detours are somewhat common on these longer TA cruises, which typically attracts a much older crowd than the shorter duration cruises.

Edited by AntiMatter