Suggestions on european cruise since carnival is all i know

I am considering taking a cruise throughout Europe but have NO idea what cruise lines are the most popular. I have only cruised on Carnival and my upcoming cruise will only be my second. I have a wonderful opportunity to travel with friends and we are clueless as to what Cruise line would be the most pleasureable experience. Any suggestions??

I am considering taking a cruise throughout Europe but have NO idea what cruise lines are the most popular. I have only cruised on Carnival and my upcoming cruise will only be my second. I have a wonderful opportunity to travel with friends and we are clueless as to what Cruise line would be the most pleasureable experience. Any suggestions??

Are you asking about a big ship cruise (around the Mediterranean coast)? Or a river cruise through the center of the countries?

It might differ depending upon the itinerary you are looking at. We did the Western Med on Celebrity and the Baltic Capitals on NCL as we determined they were the best at the time we booked them.

I would suggest first determining what itinerary you are looking for. Then look to see which cruise lines offer the ones you are looking for at the time you want to book. After I got that information I looked on CC for reviews on those ships and compared the amenities of each one and pricing on the cabin types we wanted before we chose the correct one.

It might differ depending upon the itinerary you are looking at. We did the Western Med on Celebrity and the Baltic Capitals on NCL as we determined they were the best at the time we booked them.

I would suggest first determining what itinerary you are looking for. Then look to see which cruise lines offer the ones you are looking for at the time you want to book. After I got that information I looked on CC for reviews on those ships and compared the amenities of each one and pricing on the cabin types we wanted before we chose the correct one.

Good advice! Thank you

Having cruise Europe and having two more Europe cruises, I will agree with one of the replies. Prior to our January cruise, we had only cruised on Carnival including in Europe. When Carnival decided to pull out of Europe this year, we realized that we had to change. We based our current bookings on the destinations we wanted to go to and then researched the cruise lines. We are currently booked on the Royal Princess for a Baltic cruise this August, and then on the Norwegian Jade next year for the Greek Isles. We decided on NCL because we wanted to do the Venice sail away one more time before they build the secondary canal which will take them away from Guidecca. This is also a back to back cruise out of Venice with different itineraries.

Since this is your first time in Europe, I will suggest doing a Grand Mediterranean itinerary. This is usually a one way cruise that starts in Venice and ends in Barcelona, or starts in Barcelona and ends in Venice. These itineraries are usually 11-14 days in length, and if the ship is less than 96,000 tons, then it can sail into and out of the Guidecca canal in Venice which is simply spectacular. The Grand Mediterranean itinerary will also hit most of the important places like Venice, Dubrovnik, Athens, Ephesus (maybe), Sicily, Rome, Florence/Pisa, Monte Carlo / South of France, and Barcelona.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hi,

My advice would be that if you want to see Europe then go pick a city that interests you and fly there to stay and actually experience it. Spending a day in each port in Europe barely touches the surface of what those cities have to offer!

I suppose if you just want a tiny taste and then you plan to go back another time then the cruise from Barcelona to Venice(or the reverse) would be the most comprehensive one but I hope you'd add some extra days before and after since both of those cities are amazing!!!

A big ship cruise around the Mediterranean coast.

Since you said a big ship. Oasis will be there in 2014 and Allure will be there end of 2015.. RCCL is running a buy one and get 1/2 off for the second guest. We just booked a BCN to BCN balcony on Allure for under 1000.00 PP. happy cruising