Can I combine buy one get one 50% with onboard booking bonus

Hi

I was wondering if I Can combine buy one get one 50% with onboard booking bonus

And last but not least. Can I book now to save a room that I want and make sure the price won't up until I sail in mid May 2014 and book again to get the onboard booking benefits and then cancel the other reservation ?

Thank you !!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi

I was wondering if I Can combine buy one get one 50% with onboard booking bonus

And last but not least. Can I book now to save a room that I want and make sure the price won't up until I sail in mid May 2014 and book again to get the onboard booking benefits and then cancel the other reservation ?

Thank you !!!

Yes, the BOGOHO offer can be combined with on board booking OBC.

So far, there does not seem to be any prohibition against cancelling and rebooking. However, if you do rebook, you wil have to pay the then current price.

Edited by clarea

I just booked a 5 day cruise for January using the BOGOHO with a non cruiser friend. I used a NCC and I am not sure their accounting is correct. I am emerald and I don't think I got my balcony discount.

I paid $564 for a balcony and got 50% off and all I got was a $25.00 OBC.

shouldn't I also get $75 balcony discount?

any input would be appreciated

I just booked a 5 day cruise for January using the BOGOHO with a non cruiser friend. I used a NCC and I am not sure their accounting is correct. I am emerald and I don't think I got my balcony discount.

I paid $564 for a balcony and got 50% off and all I got was a $25.00 OBC.

shouldn't I also get $75 balcony discount?

any input would be appreciated

Yes, Emerald should get $75 balcony discount this far out on a 5 day cruise. I'd call C&A.

Edited by clarea

I called today and changed my reservation that I made while onboard for February, 2015. I kept my OBC, balcony discount and saved a total of $685 for three cabins for a four night cruise.

Thank you to everyone that posted about this.

Be CAREFUL using the NCC''s, especially with the BOGOHO promotion. We just booked using one. Thankfully, we were smart enough to have an RCCL Agent send us a quote prior to booking. So, when we called RCCL and booked, and the NCC was applied, the price ended up being about $25 more than quoted. When we, as well as the RCCL Booking Agent did a dummy booking on-line, the price matched the quoted price by the RCCL Agent. So, we asked the RCCL Booking Agent why why the cost was $25 more than the quoted amount . He mentioned something about taxes on the NCC, which made no sense to me. Anyway, he said he would send an email to the Revenue Dept. When asked howl long I should wait for a response one agent said Monday, and another said about (10) days. It is really not about the money (we are D+), it is about the principle, and the attitude of the people of which I am dealing. I just wish that there was someone to contact whereby I could obtain satisfaction, and quickly!

Be CAREFUL using the NCC''s, especially with the BOGOHO promotion. We just booked using one. Thankfully, we were smart enough to have an RCCL Agent send us a quote prior to booking. So, when we called RCCL and booked, and the NCC was applied, the price ended up being about $25 more than quoted. When we, as well as the RCCL Booking Agent did a dummy booking on-line, the price matched the quoted price by the RCCL Agent. So, we asked the RCCL Booking Agent why why the cost was $25 more than the quoted amount . He mentioned something about taxes on the NCC, which made no sense to me. Anyway, he said he would send an email to the Revenue Dept. When asked howl long I should wait for a response one agent said Monday, and another said about (10) days. It is really not about the money (we are D+), it is about the principle, and the attitude of the people of which I am dealing. I just wish that there was someone to contact whereby I could obtain satisfaction, and quickly!

Hmmmm. I wonder if this explains the $12.22 difference in my booking. I checked the price of a cruise on Royal's website but when I booked it with my TA, the price was $12.22 more. I decided to not worry about it because I'm planning to upgrade somewhere down the road and pay a little extra at that time anyway, but it will be interesting to see how they respond.

Hmmmm. I wonder if this explains the $12.22 difference in my booking. I checked the price of a cruise on Royal's website but when I booked it with my TA, the price was $12.22 more. I decided to not worry about it because I'm planning to upgrade somewhere down the road and pay a little extra at that time anyway, but it will be interesting to see how they respond.

Yes, the difference was $12.22 x (2) for a total of $24.44.

So if you pay/paid for a NCC tax free while on the ship,while at sea they are saying that you now have to pay taxes on the $100/$200 when you convert it to a actual booking?

Sent from Cruise Critic App

So if you pay/paid for a NCC tax free while on the ship,while at sea they are saying that you now have to pay taxes on the $100/$200 when you convert it to a actual booking?

Sent from Cruise Critic App

I am not certain that the issue with the NCC applies to ALL sailings. I think that it may just apply to the BOGOHO promo (at least for the present time). The reason being, we booked the Anthem a week ago using a NCC with no problem. For us, the extra tax basically equates to an approx $25 decrease in the OBC. There was no mention of an applicable tax when we purchased the NCC. WOW...talking about changing the rules mid-stream!!!

Something is pretty screwy with my reservation. I just went over the official booking from RCI and my OBC for my cruise is $113. What an odd amount.

Because I purchased my open booking under the old system, I should have $150 in OBC (13 night cruise). If anyone can shed light on this before I can call my TA on Monday I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Cruzin-K

Something is pretty screwy with my reservation. I just went over the official booking from RCI and my OBC for my cruise is $113. What an odd amount.

Because I purchased my open booking under the old system, I should have $150 in OBC (13 night cruise). If anyone can shed light on this before I can call my TA on Monday I'd appreciate it.

OK. I might have figured this out all by myself :D

OBC of $150 x 75% = $112.50 (rounded up to $113). I guess because I'm not paying 200%, I only get 75% of my OBC. I'm not going to make a fuss about it, but for crying out loud, back in the "old days" when I'd get the entire amount of OBC, even paying less than 200% of the fare.

OK. I might have figured this out all by myself :D

OBC of $150 x 75% = $112.50 (rounded up to $113). I guess because I'm not paying 200%, I only get 75% of my OBC. I'm not going to make a fuss about it, but for crying out loud, back in the "old days" when I'd get the entire amount of OBC, even paying less than 200% of the fare.

My mother in law is sailing solo, and her OBC went to 75$ when we booked with the BOGOHO promo. Same as you describe. Ours (me and hubby) stayed the same since the OBC is applied to passenger #1 who pays full fare...

Call this confusing..

Edited by angelhelly

After an hour on hold I got my NCC cruise that was already booked changed over to the BOGOHO offer and saved 450 dollars. I retained my OBC and balcony discount but lost the Residents discount. I am very excited, was worth the hold time.

I am not certain that the issue with the NCC applies to ALL sailings. I think that it may just apply to the BOGOHO promo (at least for the present time). The reason being, we booked the Anthem a week ago using a NCC with no problem. For us, the extra tax basically equates to an approx $25 decrease in the OBC. There was no mention of an applicable tax when we purchased the NCC. WOW...talking about changing the rules mid-stream!!!

Finally got a corrected invoice with the additional $12.22 NCC tax (x two) removed. I am now a Happy Camper!