Lost Luggage

Godiva830

I'm asking if anyone had it happen to them that NCL lost their luggage. Here's the story: my parents are currently on the Dawn 12 repositioning cruise that left from Tampa. They also had the prior 7 day Western Carribean cruise booked, which I was on with them that left Tampa on 4/20 and returned 4/27. We all shared an SJ suite. After the 7 day they were moving into a DOS for the 12 day. When we received our luggage tag for disembarcation, I got the gold tags and they were given orange tags. Orange is for luggage that is staying onboard the ship. The morning of 4/27 my parents wait with me in the priority disembark area until it's time for me to get off. I get off, get my luggage in the terminal with no problems. They stay onboard. By 3:30 they're luggage hasn't arrived in their suite. They inquire about their bags. NCL sends someone out into the terminal to see if the bags were there. The ship leaves port. Tuesday NCL tells them they'll have it maybe by Thursday, then Thurs they said someone is flying with the bags to Curaçao, which is today's port. Now they told them maybe by St. Maarten. Our SJ suite was 12010 and they were moving to cabin 12502. 6 cabins over. It's bizarre that they can lose luggage that was only moving over 6 cabins and it was already on the ship. By Tuesday NCL gave them each $100 towards clothing from the gift shop and they are giving them express laundry service. They do have trip insurance. My sister already contacted the trip insurance to start the process of it being a delayed baggage claim.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them? Anyone have their luggage lost for their entire trip? Thanks for any info.

A friend of mine had his luggage lost on an RCL cruise to Alaska. He got $100, which he said sure didnt buy much. They would not let him eat dinner in the MDR without a suit, even though they had lost his luggage.

I was on an NCL cruise where I think the airline lost the cruisers luggage but NCL promised to track it down and get it forwarded to the ship. Every day it was a different story about where the luggage was. Those people were so mad by the end of the cruise.

Funny thing - they were travel agents and this was a free cruise that NCL had given them. I bet they never booked anyone on NCL again.

I'm not understanding why their luggage even had to leave the ship? It should have just been moved from one cabin to the other.

Harriet

Especially since they were in a suite.... the butler and/or steward should have just helped them move to the next cabin!

I'm not understanding why their luggage even had to leave the ship? It should have just been moved from one cabin to the other.

Harriet

That's what we all don't understand too. It wasn't supposed to leave the ship. Even the fact that their new cabin was 6 cabins away NCL crew had to move the bags bc the cabin they were going into still had the previous passengers in it still and they needed assisstance getting off the ship. We would've moved the luggage ourselves. All their luggage is missing.

Wow.

The only B2B's that we have done have been in the same cabin.

I have seen many others post that it is so easy to cruise B2B as the stewards move your bags and hanging clothes from one stateroom to the next if you change cabins.

I can't imagine what would have happened with your parents. Why did they have to completely pack and put their bags out?

Especially since they were in a suite.... the butler and/or steward should have just helped them move to the next cabin!

The letter they got from the concierge stated to put the orange tags on the luggage and the room steward would move the luggage to the next cabin. When I got off the ship I even checked the area where my luggage was to see if my parents luggage mistakenly was taken off the ship. I realized after while I was at the airport that they had a different color tag than me so their luggage wouldn't be with mine :rolleyes:

Wow.

The only B2B's that we have done have been in the same cabin.

I have seen many others post that it is so easy to cruise B2B as the stewards move your bags and hanging clothes from one stateroom to the next if you change cabins.

I can't imagine what would have happened with your parents. Why did they have to completely pack and put their bags out?

Originally they had the same SJ suite booked for the B2B but a few weeks before sailing the DOS was available to upgrade for like $400 for the 12 day so they jumped on that.

My friend and her family did not get their luggage until their last port stop on HAL in the Med. I think they got $300 for 4. What is so funny is that her picture slide show was in pretty much the same clothes. Great sports, she laughed about it.

I always pack a carry on as if my checked bag might get lost. :)

Last year, my cabin mate's suitcase was left in the Barcelona terminal. We used NCL transport from the hotel to the port and thought we knew the bag got off the bus there. They tell you to make sure you spot your bag at the port, but the baggage handlers were not happy that we were in their way checking for our bags. She had a black suitcase, and in the sea of other black bags, we assumed it was off the bus.

She reported the missing bag the first night of the cruise, and in the morning when it didn't show up, she made sure they knew she had not received her bag. NCL started the search - starting with the hotel, bus, etc. Our first port was Toulon, so we had a great day shopping in a French mall, getting a bathing suit and other necessities- again, hoping the bag would show up at the next port. The Spirit staff was phenomenal with her - $100 credit immediately, free laundry, bottles of wine and chocolate covered strawberries, priority tendering when she asked, and daily reports of the bag search. They did ask for an inventory list of what was in the bag.

It was finally found on a luggage trolley in the Barcelona terminal and shipped to Venice (our last port). We have a great picture of her hugging her suitcase when delivered. She was lucky she was traveling with me and two other ladies - we shared t-shirts, shoes, and scarves. It was a pain for her, but she had a fantastic attitude and we have a great story to tell. Also, she will never use a black suitcase again.

I'm asking if anyone had it happen to them that NCL lost their luggage. Here's the story: my parents are currently on the Dawn 12 repositioning cruise that left from Tampa. They also had the prior 7 day Western Carribean cruise booked, which I was on with them that left Tampa on 4/20 and returned 4/27. We all shared an SJ suite. After the 7 day they were moving into a DOS for the 12 day. When we received our luggage tag for disembarcation, I got the gold tags and they were given orange tags. Orange is for luggage that is staying onboard the ship. The morning of 4/27 my parents wait with me in the priority disembark area until it's time for me to get off. I get off, get my luggage in the terminal with no problems. They stay onboard. By 3:30 they're luggage hasn't arrived in their suite. They inquire about their bags. NCL sends someone out into the terminal to see if the bags were there. The ship leaves port. Tuesday NCL tells them they'll have it maybe by Thursday, then Thurs they said someone is flying with the bags to Curaçao, which is today's port. Now they told them maybe by St. Maarten. Our SJ suite was 12010 and they were moving to cabin 12502. 6 cabins over. It's bizarre that they can lose luggage that was only moving over 6 cabins and it was already on the ship. By Tuesday NCL gave them each $100 towards clothing from the gift shop and they are giving them express laundry service. They do have trip insurance. My sister already contacted the trip insurance to start the process of it being a delayed baggage claim.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them? Anyone have their luggage lost for their entire trip? Thanks for any info.

We did the western & repo on Dawn in different cabins .

Is this Orange tag thing New ??

I have never tagged my bags changing cabins On B2Bs

The steward comes with a cart for your hanging clothes and bags . :confused:

Edited by biker@sea

Last year, my cabin mate's suitcase was left in the Barcelona terminal. We used NCL transport from the hotel to the port and thought we knew the bag got off the bus there. They tell you to make sure you spot your bag at the port, but the baggage handlers were not happy that we were in their way checking for our bags. She had a black suitcase, and in the sea of other black bags, we assumed it was off the bus.

She reported the missing bag the first night of the cruise, and in the morning when it didn't show up, she made sure they knew she had not received her bag. NCL started the search - starting with the hotel, bus, etc. Our first port was Toulon, so we had a great day shopping in a French mall, getting a bathing suit and other necessities- again, hoping the bag would show up at the next port. The Spirit staff was phenomenal with her - $100 credit immediately, free laundry, bottles of wine and chocolate covered strawberries, priority tendering when she asked, and daily reports of the bag search. They did ask for an inventory list of what was in the bag.

It was finally found on a luggage trolley in the Barcelona terminal and shipped to Venice (our last port). We have a great picture of her hugging her suitcase when delivered. She was lucky she was traveling with me and two other ladies - we shared t-shirts, shoes, and scarves. It was a pain for her, but she had a fantastic attitude and we have a great story to tell. Also, she will never use a black suitcase again.

Beware. Red is the new black. Once I bought a red set and used it I learned how many there are. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I carry my own luggage on and off the ship. Cruise out of Boston where I live. We bring are bags on board, they always have a place you can check them in until the rooms are ready. When we leave we carry them off. Saves time searching for them at the terminal .

That's what we all don't understand too. It wasn't supposed to leave the ship. Even the fact that their new cabin was 6 cabins away NCL crew had to move the bags bc the cabin they were going into still had the previous passengers in it still and they needed assisstance getting off the ship. We would've moved the luggage ourselves. All their luggage is missing.

I don't understand the orange tags either. Even if the other cabin wasn't yet available it would be in a couple hours. Usually in moving to another cabin on a b2b you don't pack much more than toiletries since the drawers are interchangeable, moved by stewards, and hung clothes are put on garment rollaway by stewards.

So I don't understand why all their things were packed.

That said, I hope NCL finds their luggage.

Does your parents' insurance have lost luggage coverage of any sort?

I don't understand the orange tags either. Even if the other cabin wasn't yet available it would be in a couple hours. Usually in moving to another cabin on a b2b you don't pack much more than toiletries since the drawers are interchangeable, moved by stewards, and hung clothes are put on garment rollaway by stewards.

So I don't understand why all their things were packed.

That said, I hope NCL finds their luggage.

Does your parents' insurance have lost luggage coverage of any sort?

Idk if the orange tags are a new thing for B2B. I do know that there was sooo many people doing the B2B. So many people that when talking with people you meet on the ship the question was always asked "are you staying on til Boston?" Lol. The concierge also sent letters to all the suites about a meeting on how the embarkation process will happen. I've never had to go to a meeting before, just got the letter with the tags. I think maybe since there was so many passengers on the B2B they didn't have enough crew to handle moving passengers individually. My parents do have the insurance that covers the list luggage. We'll find out more info when they reach their next port and they have cell service.

We've had to move cabins twice recently. Both times we didn't trust anyone but ourselves to move ANYTHING especially since we had quite a bit of electronics with us.

A bit of a pain, but the peace of mind was worth it. We got up that morning, had a leisurely breakfast then went to see if our new cabin was ready. The first time it was ready. The second time it wasn't but they came and told us when it was. Then we left the ship for a nice day without having to worry about our stuff.

Idk if the orange tags are a new thing for B2B. I do know that there was sooo many people doing the B2B. So many people that when talking with people you meet on the ship the question was always asked "are you staying on til Boston?" Lol. The concierge also sent letters to all the suites about a meeting on how the embarkation process will happen. I've never had to go to a meeting before, just got the letter with the tags. I think maybe since there was so many passengers on the B2B they didn't have enough crew to handle moving passengers individually. My parents do have the insurance that covers the list luggage. We'll find out more info when they reach their next port and they have cell service.

Were most of the b2b passengers moving cabins?

On our b2b on the Star, more than 300 passengers were staying aboard for the next cruise so we also had a talk to attend, but I don't think a dozen were changing cabins.

Were most of the b2b passengers moving cabins?

On our b2b on the Star, more than 300 passengers were staying aboard for the next cruise so we also had a talk to attend, but I don't think a dozen were changing cabins.

Idk if a lot of them were staying in the same cabins. I didn't ask when the topic came up in conversations bc I wasn't staying onboard :( and my mom went to the disembark meeting. I went with my dad on the ship tour. The 2 events were scheduled for the same time.

My parents booked the B2B as 2 separate cruises. They did have to go to guest services by Saturday noon time for the second leg and start the check in process. The price was less and they're platinum so they got double perks and double OBC. The cruise was also being sold as 1 cruise for 19days.

Edited by Godiva830

Am I missing something here. Did their bags get put outside the cabin the night before with yours or stay in the cabin when you left it ??

Edited by biker@sea

Did they put it out in the hall? When we've changed cabins, we left it in the room and the steward moved it. Now I'm going to be really, really concerned when this happens. We do talk to the steward and make sure he knows where it is to go.

So sorry...that is a bummer for them. At least they don't have to worry about being excluded from dinner like the earlier poster said about RCCL!

We've had to move cabins twice recently. Both times we didn't trust anyone but ourselves to move ANYTHING especially since we had quite a bit of electronics with us.

A bit of a pain, but the peace of mind was worth it. We got up that morning, had a leisurely breakfast then went to see if our new cabin was ready. The first time it was ready. The second time it wasn't but they came and told us when it was. Then we left the ship for a nice day without having to worry about our stuff.

This is what I would do. Moving 6 doors away......I would just move it myself to ensure it got their okay.