Leaving tomorrow!

Well, we leave tomorrow (one day early) for our cruisetour #26 on the Statendam . I want to thank all of you who post on these boards. I have been helped directly by kind folks, and also indirectly by reading others’ posts on the topics I am interested in. My family has started making disparaging remarks about my time on the computer, but DH was clearly impressed when I found out in about two minutes whether he could buy a Cuban cigar on board (no). Most of all I have learned that everyone has to plan the trip that is best for them and their situation after becoming knowledgeable about the various aspects of cruising and their destination.

I would like to pass on my little bit of advice that I discovered using the boards. When you search a forum and find a post that is helpful, look at that person’s other posts. Often times they have similar interests/questions/thoughts and will have other posts that are helpful to your situation. That is how I found a thread about how long or short to write reviews. I promise I have studied it carefully! Hopefully I can return favor by writing an easily readable, perfect length review of all we saw and did when I return.

Unless they have changes recently they always stock cuban cigars at the Lido deck bar by the pool.

Check out a cigar shop by the port if you are boarding in Canada. Cuban cigars are legal in canada.

We all know that it is illegal to bring cuban cigars back into the states but once you take the ring off of it you cannot tell where it comes from. HINT HINT.

Have a great vacation.

When you pull away from Harvard glacier around sunset go on the back beck and look at the view. It is awesome....

Jim & Ruth

Have a great time... AND make YOUR LIFE BETTER! Bring the gameboy, the I-pods, DVD, Laptop... It's your vacation as well as theres....

And bring duck tape if they still complain... Your tour mates will gladly apply it!

Snack often, and enjoy yourself. DH and I had a great time kids will find stuff they enjoy... Teens are teens... This is YOUR VACATION TOO!

LIVE IT UP!!!!

Archived