Alaska 2016?

Hi

Does anyone know when the itineraries for Alaska 2016 will be available for booking?

We've been tossing around the idea of an Alaska cruise for a while and I was hoping to take advantage of booking during the 50% off sale going on this month.

Thank you

Noreen

Hi

Does anyone know when the itineraries for Alaska 2016 will be available for booking?

We've been tossing around the idea of an Alaska cruise for a while and I was hoping to take advantage of booking during the 50% off sale going on this month.

Thank you

Noreen

Probably March/April of next year.

yeah, that will be part of next years deployment. Have you considered doing Alaska in 2015? I too was going to do Alaska in 2016. Had an Asia cruise booked on the Mariner but then decided to bump up Alaska and cancel Asia

HI

Thank you all for your responses on the timing of when Alaska 2016 will be available for booking.

I was thinking of possibly moving it to 2015, but I don't know if we'll be able to do so. We are going on the Quantum February 2015 and that will be Scott's first cruise. I also booked Anthem for January 2016 so don't want to overwhelm him.

Maybe I'll convince him to try quick Bermuda cruise right out of Bayonne in 2015 too and take advantage of the 50% off sale

Thank you

HI

Thank you all for your responses on the timing of when Alaska 2016 will be available for booking.

I was thinking of possibly moving it to 2015, but I don't know if we'll be able to do so. We are going on the Quantum February 2015 and that will be Scott's first cruise. I also booked Anthem for January 2016 so don't want to overwhelm him.

Maybe I'll convince him to try quick Bermuda cruise right out of Bayonne in 2015 too and take advantage of the 50% off sale

Thank you

Personally I would do Alaska 2015, but towards the end of Augusts. This is what we're doing this year with 2 cruises. Yeah it may not be as sunny as July, but it's also cheaper, the venders in port have clearance sales, and you've got some space between your cruises.

Better yet, you can cancel it before final payment date if it turns out to not be working for you. :)

Hi.

So surprised I was just talking to Scott about Bermuda versus other cruises and he wants to move Alaska to 2015. Maybe June.

I have to look at the various cruise tours since we want to do land first then cruise southbound.

Very excited and hope we can pick a tour and find a good cabin available to book.

Will keep everyone posted.

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi.

So surprised I was just talking to Scott about Bermuda versus other cruises and he wants to move Alaska to 2015. Maybe June.

I have to look at the various cruise tours since we want to do land first then cruise southbound.

Very excited and hope we can pick a tour and find a good cabin available to book.

Noreen

Have you considered doing a DIY tour before the southbound cruise? It IS the USA, after all! We did that last year and had our best vacation EVER. There is a link to my blog about it in my signature. I included lots of photos and planning links, if you are interested.

Whatever you decide, have fun!

Edited by subtchr

Have you considered doing a DIY tour before the southbound cruise? It IS the USA, after all! We did that last year and had our best vacation EVER. There is a link to my blog about it in my signature. I included lots of photos and planning links, if you are interested.

Hi.

There is so much to choose from. I've never done a cruise tour before and thought it may just make the planning easier.

I started looking through your review - amazing pictures.

Will keep everyone posted as this plan becomes a reality.

Thank you

Noreen

Hi.

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week I emailed infouk@rccl.com with the question : When will Oz / NZ 2016 itineraries be released?‏

And the response I received from customerserviceuk@rccl.com : The 2016 sailing will be released around July 2014.

The 2016 Australia/NZ cruise season begins with the September 2015 repo cruises from Hawaii.

Hi Sue

I saw your pictures of the aft cabin. I'm looking at cabin availability and would you recommend and aft in the center of the aft? Or the corner of the aft? The corner afts like 1100 and 9256 are already taken. Did you have a JS or a balcony or a different type of suite?

Is the aft view best in Alaska for the 360 degree views rather than just seeing what's on one side of you? Or is it just that the balconies are deeper?

I was on the Serenade in the Med and had a center of the hump balcony which was very nice but didn't really spend much time on the balcony since we were on the go constantly

Thank you again for your help

Noreen

Edited by Noreen411

Personally I would do Alaska 2015, but towards the end of Augusts. This is what we're doing this year with 2 cruises. Yeah it may not be as sunny as July, but it's also cheaper, the venders in port have clearance sales, and you've got some space between your cruises.

Better yet, you can cancel it before final payment date if it turns out to not be working for you. :)

Now is still a good time to book an Alaska cruise for 2015. We booked a D1 cabin cruisetour (13 nights) for July 2015 and the prices have really not gone up very much (so far) since the cruise schedule was announced. I called and saved $1490 on the Bogo for that cruise.

Hi Sue

I saw your pictures of the aft cabin. I'm looking at cabin availability and would you recommend and aft in the center of the aft? Or the corner of the aft? The corner afts like 1100 and 9256 are already taken. Did you have a JS or a balcony or a different type of suite?

Is the aft view best in Alaska for the 360 degree views rather than just seeing what's on one side of you? Or is it just that the balconies are deeper?

I was on the Serenade in the Med and had a center of the hump balcony which was very nice but didn't really spend much time on the balcony since we were on the go constantly

Thank you again for your help

Noreen

Hi, Noreen,

We had a standard balcony cabin, not a JS. When it is just the two of us, we find we have plenty of space in a regular cabin.

Many people love the corners, but to me, especially for Alaska, we loved the shelter of our middle aft. We had great weather, but that's not typical! And we loved the view of both sides. You can see from the pics that the balcony was quite large. We spent a lot of time out there. One of the great things about Alaska cruises is that you are almost always within sight of land, and at least when we went in late June, it never got dark. Such a beautiful place!

OK What is a DIY tour . . . Do it yourself?

OK What is a DIY tour . . . Do it yourself?

Yes, Do It Yourself instead of a cruise tour through the cruise line.

We tend to enjoy doing things on our own schedule when possible, and we also had limited time, so it worked out wonderfully for us. We had an amazing time.

Some people find the research onerous, but I personally enjoy it. It's as if I am starting my trip early!

Now is still a good time to book an Alaska cruise for 2015. We booked a D1 cabin cruisetour (13 nights) for July 2015 and the prices have really not gone up very much (so far) since the cruise schedule was announced. I called and saved $1490 on the Bogo for that cruise.

I agree about 2015, and it look's like OP's husband is leaning this direction as well.

Did you save on the cruisetour using Bogo, or did it only apply to the cruise portion itself? I'm guessing you booked a suite either way, which works out to great bang per buck!

I agree about 2015, and it look's like OP's husband is leaning this direction as well.

Did you save on the cruisetour using Bogo, or did it only apply to the cruise portion itself? I'm guessing you booked a suite either way, which works out to great bang per buck!

We booked a D1 balcony cabin (9256) along with the 6 night land tour (8B). The fare for the cruisetour includes both the land and ship fare. The BOGOHO applied to the full fare of the cruisetour price.

Hi

We are booked - June 2015

Cruise Tour 4B - 11 nights

Radiance - D1 Cabin #9260

I was hoping for either #9256 or #1100 but both were booked already.

I'm so excited. Not sure how to pack or what excursions to take yet.

Thank you for all your help

Noreen