Ever left anything on a cruise behind??

haven't left anything behind yet (knock on wood).

I check every nook and cranny more than once. I even make sure to feel around inside the safe, lifting up the mat that's in there. I read on CC about someone who had left something inside the safe that way so I always try to be mindful.

glad to see that at least some of you were reunited with your items.

Yeah, a wedding ring with a 1/2 carat pear shaped diamond with an anniversary ring on the top and bottom. Devastating! Realized an hour after leaving the ship. Called the terminal but of course it was long gone.

On a cruise the only thing left behind was my son's camera case (empty). We paid the Fed Ex fee to get it back and it was the wrong camera case! On a trip to England I once left my favorite flannel nightgown AND my contact lens case in a hotel. Didn't discover it until the next night. Had to soak my contacts in two ashtrays until the following morning when I was able to buy a replacement. In Hawaii, once found a large jar of Vegemite and tour vouchers in a nightstand. Called the next hotel they were scheduled at because I was worried about their missing vouchers. They thanked me and we met for drinks and to return their things. I know how Aussies love their Vegemite!

The gentleman suggested that the first pic taken should always be your cabin door number. If I had done that, they would have contacted me during the cruise to return it.

Good suggestion about the cabin door.

All my camera memory cards have a picture of a post-it with my name, email, and phone number. I'd think with my name they could find me on the ship.

We once left a pair of binoculars, we kept them in the window behind the curtains. Now we make sure we leave them in the open.

We always like to arrive a day early for our cruises as most of you do. One time we were sailing out of Long Beach staying at the Westin we were traveling with another couple and they were first time cruisers. When they got to our house to ride to the airport they were carrying their suits and dresses as they didn't have a garment bag. My wife says you can put your stuff in with ours. Well I couldn't fit them all so my wife takes her stuff out and says she will put them in her suit case. When we got to the hotel I suggested we pull her stuff out and hang it in the closet so it would be less wrinkled. You guessed it when our luggage arrived to our cabin we realized we left all her evening wear at the hotel. It was a little changeling for her at dinners wearing the same couple of things but we got by and still laugh about it today. We were able to call the hotel at the first port and have them hold the stuff till we got back. We went by the hotel on the way to the airport and picked it up. At least there was less to be dry cleaned when we got home.

My daughter and I had this super ugly ceramic mushroom that someone gave me. Last year we decided to take it with us on our cruise and photograph it in various places. On our drive to New Orleans we posed it every where we stopped and got pictures of it. It went to Progreso and Cozumel and got pictures on the beach, etc. We left it in our cabin when we disembarked......on purpose. But we still have the pictures-such memories:D

We left one suitcase on the loading area. We were two families of four and each person had two suitcases. My husband was supposed to account for the 16 suitcases and he did but didn't know that the other family had added an additional suitcase to the group. My son's suitcase was the one that was left. RCL sent it to us via FedEx to the tune of $250.

We left one suitcase on the loading area. We were two families of four and each person had two suitcases. My husband was supposed to account for the 16 suitcases and he did but didn't know that the other family had added an additional suitcase to the group. My son's suitcase was the one that was left. RCL sent it to us via FedEx to the tune of $250.

:eek:$250!!:eek: That's crazy!

Never left anything behind on a cruise ship despite more than a dozen cruises.

But we've left night lights, shampoo, books, hat, camera, back back behind in several motels. We got most items back from motel we use on frequent trips.

Backpack was FedExed to us from FL motel.

I guess we check more carefully in our cruise cabin.

We left the train tickets for our journey from Southampton back home. Luckily I had related proof/ paperwork of their purchase so was able to get away with having to pay again. Phew!!!! The cost of English train travel does not come cheap if you only book the same day.

Last summer, I lost a pair of eyeglasses on the Fascination.

They never did get found and I ended up having to go buy new ones.

I misplaced my eyeglasses during a HAL cruise, and didn't find them that week. But five months later HAL contacted me (I had my busn. card in the case), and mailed them at no charge. :)

Once my husband left his luggage in the luggage area. We were cruising with an older couple and he was helping them and making sure that they didn't leave anything behind, and he ended of leaving his suitcase. He called carnival and it arrived a couple of days later free of charge.

I left first book in the Fifty Shades of Gray trilogy.

On most cruises I have "left" at least an extra ten pounds on my "cruise behind" :D

...but I have left my bathing suit reeking of chlorine after six days soaking in the T-pool, and my sweaty gym socks on the balcony while I was packing. Despite my unconscious intent of sparing my suitcase from their company, my cabin steward duly brought them inside while I was at dinner.

Mu first cruise I left 3 Lbs behind- pays to excessive 3 x a day and take stairs only. My next cruise was HAL when there was no limit on wine being brought on board. Left behind a full bottle of red and a bottle of bubbly for the crew!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

On purpose? Yes. We had to bring lots of Mardi Gras throws for a parade so we packed everything in luggage we no longer wanted. Then we asked our cabin attendant if he waned it or knew someone that could use it because we were planning on leaving it behind. He told us that he could use it as extra storage under his bed.