Stopping $9.50 fee for alcohol to cabin--none allowed

That's 26 days, and I don't think my bags hold that much for our entertaining. Rick

Fill bottles of mouthwash. The BIG bottles. 23 of them. Eat a LOT of garlic, liver and onions right before you board. Shwish with horseradish and hot sauce. When they question your 23 bottles of Scope, say "I nEEEEEEEEEEEd thEEEEEEEEEEEEEm. MHHHHHHy WWWWHHHHife, SSSSSHHHHHHHEEEEEE sAAAHHys ThEEEEEEEEEEEEres a prOOOOOOOOblem WWWHHHHith mHHHHHHHHHHHy brEEEAAAAth." (Just don't pass out trying to get all that air out.)

They'll let you through, no questions asked.

Of course, be sure to bring an air freshner for the room after that. :eek:

Its the Company Policy - WHY? Its the Company Policy?

DUH

I have long believed ( ok so I am naive) that if you give me a legitimate reason for instituting a policy or changing a policy - I may not agree with it BUT at least I have a basis to agree or disagree.

This is a typical example of a company flack who doesn't have an answer so he does what many parents do when asked a question by their kids.

Because I am the MOMMY - or something like that.

I doubt it has anything to do with the missing groom, I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the so called profit motive - because $9.50/bottle is still $9.50 a bottle - Me thinks the vendor has a great deal to do with it.

Whatever the reason, it's a BIG inconvenience to the RCI customers who enjoy having a drink in their cabin. Shame on you RCI! :( Where's the 'customer service' in this new policy? When I plan my next vacation maybe I'll choose a hotel that has no problem with me bringing along my OWN alcohol. After all ... a cruise ship is just a floating hotel ... right?

Whatever the reason, it's a BIG inconvenience to the RCI customers who enjoy having a drink in their cabin. Shame on you RCI! :( Where's the 'customer service' in this new policy? When I plan my next vacation maybe I'll choose a hotel that has no problem with me bringing along my OWN alcohol. After all ... a cruise ship is just a floating hotel ... right?

I don't know where you started to learn "logic", but, by golly, you have the same reasoning that I have.............I think......

Whatever happend to 'customer service'???? Somehow the Jack Williams of this world have been replaced by bean counters. I'm sure the new president has wonderful reasoning behind this; however, it would serve the public to let us know why such a change would take place.

So, thanks sailyn, your voice needs to be heard:) :) . And so does mine!!

Rick

Rick, that's just awful to contemplate. Over three weeks with NO BOTTLE?!?!?!?

Oh, the humanity!

Are you familiar with those backpack water system thingies? Called Platypus or something. You have a big water bottle/holder inside the pack, and a long plastic tube that hangs outside the pack, and you can get a drink without using your hands. Well, I think that it's time to stop "being a gentleman" who would buy a bottle in the store but only drink it in the privacy of his room.

Smuggle the booze on board in this backpack, THEN WALK AROUND THE SHIP SUCKING AWAY ON YOUR LIQUOR!!!!!!

Rick, that's just awful to contemplate. Over three weeks with NO BOTTLE?!?!?!?

Oh, the humanity!

Are you familiar with those backpack water system thingies? Called Platypus or something. You have a big water bottle/holder inside the pack, and a long plastic tube that hangs outside the pack, and you can get a drink without using your hands. Well, I think that it's time to stop "being a gentleman" who would buy a bottle in the store but only drink it in the privacy of his room.

Smuggle the booze on board in this backpack, THEN WALK AROUND THE SHIP SUCKING AWAY ON YOUR LIQUOR!!!!!!

LOL I don't know where you keep coming up with the quips, Carol, they are funny and great!!!:D :D

Once RCI sees their bottle sales go down, hopefully they will rethink this policy. Im sure that at least 80% of people who buy the bottle alcohol do so to drink in their rooms not bring it home.

Babs...I think so too. Guess RCI is determined to cut off their nose to spite their face. Just another "sense" less move on their part. 4_1_213.gif

I will spend my money on take home bottled booze on the islands where it is cheaper than the ship.

Way to go RCI.....NOT! 36_2_24.gif

Once RCI sees their bottle sales go down, hopefully they will rethink this policy. Im sure that at least 80% of people who buy the bottle alcohol do so to drink in their rooms not bring it home.

Especially in TX (Rhapsody and, starting in November, Splendour) where our duty-free allowance isn't much bigger than an airline mini. There's really no point to buying it on board if we can't drink it during the cruise!!

Dear Mr.,

In reference to your email, we no longer allow guests to purchase beverages in the on-board giftshops for consumption on board.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Tavi Vilorio

Customer Service Representative

[THREAD ID:1-QBG0D]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 8/2/2005 10:59:17 PM

To: web_reservations@rccl.com

Subject: Onboard Services, Mariner Of The Seas, 16/Oct/2005,

My cruise information:

Booking ID:

Ship: Mariner Of The Seas

Sail Date: 16/Oct/2005

Issue: Has RCI changed their policy regarding the purchase of liquor for consumption in your cabin if you pay a fee? If so please explain. I hear that the policy has changed. I'm not happy about this. I've been on four previous cruises and I have another booked for January.

I just contacted RCI via phone, and was notified the new policy is effective tomorrow 8/05/05. I wonder if bag inspection will be tougher. I didn't want to smuggle, but I also don't want to spend large amounts of money in the bar.

I just contacted RCI via phone, and was notified the new policy is effective tomorrow 8/05/05. I wonder if bag inspection will be tougher. I didn't want to smuggle, but I also don't want to spend large amounts of money in the bar.

I hope all those people that are cruising right now stocked-up for the remainder of the cruise.

I hope all those people that are cruising right now stocked-up for the remainder of the cruise.

I just wished this didn't go into effect on the same day as my first cruise ever! :mad:

They'll have their narcs swarming all over the place! :eek:LOL:D

Check this out!: Dr. Sneaky

Mark, this is BRILLIANT. Even better than the platypus/camelback product.

I am SO going to become this company's rep and start an ebay store. My key words will include CRUISE and ROYAL CARIBBEAN. :D

Does anyone know if they will still allow the gifts of wine and beer to be sent to your cabin? I know I have read were if you have it sent as a gift it goes to your cabin, just wondering if that has changed as we were going to have a case of wine sent to our cabin. Feb. may be our last cruise with RCCL and we have liked cruising with them but they are really getting petty!!!!

First no agent discounts now no buying booze on board for your cabin.

Cher

Merion Mom, you are too funny!!!!

I posted this on the other "e-mail" thread, I think it's more appropriate here....

I can just see it now........

"Baltimore Maryland, September 16, 2005

A group of vacationers were arrested today by ATF at the Port of Baltimore after being detained by Royal Caribbean International security personell.

The group, from Northern Virginia, were returning to Baltimore after a 5 night cruise to Bermuda aboard Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas.

According to sources from the cruiseline, the group had been discovered by crew and staff hosting a speakeasy in one of the Junior Suites. Thirteen people were found in the cabin comsuming liquor, beer, and other alcohol substances and were detained until authorities were notified. The alcohol was confisated.

Crew members say they noticed irregularities when certain passengers seemed to be missing from the onboard bars. After further investigation by senior crew, sounds of joy and celebration were reported coming from the vicinity of cabin 8038. Company officials stated, crew entered the cabin and found the happy group."

.......maybe the crew will start conducting raids like they did back during prohibition.... LOL

Archived