Cheers Program with room swap

Only1me

We have 2 rooms booked with an adult and child in each room. When we go to guest services to do a room swap to put DH and I in one room and the teenagers in another room do they just give you an extra key or actually change the people in the system?

The purpose of my question is that I would love to purchase the cheers program but DH doesn't drink, so it would be a waste to have to buy it for him. But if I am still listed in a room with my son this would be perfect!

I'd love to know about this too as my husband and I will be traveling with 4 boys and under two different rooms. So you can ask for just a room key? Our plan was to have the boys sleep in their room together and DH and I in the other room. Would love more details from experienced travelers on how they work this out.....And only having to purchase one Cheers Program would be ideal bc we weren't going to do that if both had to purchased.

I called today to get a price reduction and asked about a room swap. I'm 21 and so is my boyfriend. We are traveling with his parents. I'm booked with his mom and he is with his step dad. The woman told me that we couldn't swap because his mom is my "guardian and responsible for my actions." (REALLY IM 21!!) When her and her husband booked, their PVP said that we could switch when we got on board and that they wouldn't care that there wasn't someone in the room over 25.. 24.. Whichever it is. It depends on which carnival rep you talk to. I have heard on here that people have successfully had extra key cards (no S&S attached) made so they could switch rooms without switching in the computer system. I have read where several people have done this. Hope I helped. Sorry this is long.

I called today to get a price reduction and asked about a room swap. I'm 21 and so is my boyfriend. We are traveling with his parents. I'm booked with his mom and he is with his step dad. The woman told me that we couldn't swap because his mom is my "guardian and responsible for my actions." (REALLY IM 21!!) When her and her husband booked, their PVP said that we could switch when we got on board and that they wouldn't care that there wasn't someone in the room over 25.. 24.. Whichever it is. It depends on which carnival rep you talk to. I have heard on here that people have successfully had extra key cards (no S&S attached) made so they could switch rooms without switching in the computer system. I have read where several people have done this. Hope I helped. Sorry this is long.

U were given incorrect info... If ur both 21 y'all could sail without his parents all together! Under 21 needs someone 25+!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

U were given incorrect info... If ur both 21 y'all could sail without his parents all together! Under 21 needs someone 25+!

Ah!! I get it now. I failed to mention that his 17 year old brother will be in the room. But when I called she said that his mom would become my guardian and she was responsible for me. (It's just me and her booked in a room. We were going to switch when we got on board) She didn't mention the 17 year old. I guess different people (carnival reps) say different things.

That helps though! We were wanting to take a cruise in February with two other friends. We thought we wouldn't be able to cruise with carnival because we won't be married or 25. I didn't mean to hijack this board. Thank you for the info.

Ah!! I get it now. I failed to mention that his 17 year old brother will be in the room. But when I called she said that his mom would become my guardian and she was responsible for me. (It's just me and her booked in a room. We were going to switch when we got on board) She didn't mention the 17 year old. I guess different people (carnival reps) say different things.

That helps though! We were wanting to take a cruise in February with two other friends. We thought we wouldn't be able to cruise with carnival because we won't be married or 25. I didn't mean to hijack this board. Thank you for the info.

No prob!! 😄

If you have 2 rooms under one booking link, even though you have 2 booking numbers and your S and S accounts are together( authorize users) they will charge you for both. Do not put your S&S accounts together. What I did is buy Cruise Cash to cover the cheers for me and put a few bucks cash on my S&S account.

that's ridiculous...we have taken 6 grandkids on cruises for their 16th birthday present...2 at a time and each time the 2 kids have been in a room by themselves from the get go...no room swapping...the only thing I can say is that the rooms were next to each other or across the hall...don't know if that makes a difference...good luck

RCCRANBOB: Can you explain what you mean about "under one booking link" How do I keep the accounts seperate? I have booked one of our two rooms already and need to book the other room today. Do I book it under his name then? Help....we want to just use one of us for the Cheers program. Thanks!

If you have 2 rooms under one booking link, even though you have 2 booking numbers and your S and S accounts are together( authorize users) they will charge you for both. Do not put your S&S accounts together. What I did is buy Cruise Cash to cover the cheers for me and put a few bucks cash on my S&S account.

This is confusing? If you mean that since the bookings are linked and the S&S accounts are together then both will have to buy cheers, then I don't think that is correct. It is per cabinmate, not booking or S&S accounts.

Anyone else with info on that?

This is confusing? If you mean that since the bookings are linked and the S&S accounts are together then both will have to buy cheers, then I don't think that is correct. It is per cabinmate, not booking or S&S accounts.

Anyone else with info on that?

I believe linking the cabins is only for dinning. It's per cabin regardless of S&S.