Vancouver Luggage Storage

We are disembarking in Vancouver and have a late afternoon flight and want to explore Vancouver on our own for a few hours. Does anyone know if there is a place to store our luggage at the pier? I'm assuming they wouldn't have EZ Check at a foreign port. Thanks for your help.

We are disembarking in Vancouver and have a late afternoon flight and want to explore Vancouver on our own for a few hours. Does anyone know if there is a place to store our luggage at the pier? I'm assuming they wouldn't have EZ Check at a foreign port. Thanks for your help.

No EZ check in Vancouver. You should leave about three to four hours to get thru the Vancouver airport especially if your flying back to the US .

Vancouver (YVR) can be a zoo depending on the time and day of your flight. Saturday and Sundays would be the worst depending on how may ships are in port that day. In summer many Canadians fly to the US for holidays in California and Florida. Afternoon flights the rest of the work are usually busy with business types returning to the US.

There is a storage place in Canada Place.

http://bcpassport.com/vancouver-tours/alaska-cruises/

But you will need to get yourself to the airport since the shuttle stops running in the late morning.

I am not sure about the 4 hour window to leave Vancouver. I have done it in a much shorter time, but this can be an iffy factor.

If you have either Nexus or GOES (the US version) you can clear security and immigration rather quickly and won't need 4 hours. If you don't, then sometimes you will need the four hours. Usually flights to the US require a 3 hour window prior to boarding the plane. However, the airport isn't that far from the pier, about 8 miles.

No EZ check in Vancouver. You should leave about three to four hours to get thru the Vancouver airport especially if your flying back to the US .

I think 3 or 4 hours is a bit excessive. As long as you can check in online and print your boarding passes the day before, you should be able to get through in 2 hours. So, depending upon your flight departure time, you could park your luggage and spend a few hours downtown before you grab a cab (about a 35-45 minute ride) to the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is luggage storage available at the cruise terminal, but as some others have said, it's wise to get to the airport plenty early. We considered storing our bags for a few hours but then realized that it would just be better to get to the airport. There was an affordable shuttle (maybe around $13 pp) from the cruise terminal (tickets sold right there) that took us at around 11:30 to the airport. Though we were blessed to avoid long lines, many flying other airlines were congregated by the ticket counters waiting for them to open. We had hours to "waste" inside security, but we had peace of mind that we wouldn't be stressed or late. There are restaurants and shops, so it's not too bad to be "stuck" there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app