New Oceania Regatta Review with lots of pictures, menus and dailies

MVPinBoynton

We have just published our review of our recent Summer Allure cruise to Bermuda on the Oceania Regatta. In addition to lots of photos of the ship and ports, we have also included on the "Menus" tab, copies of all the restaurant and bar menus; as well as many food photos . On the "Dailies" tab, there are full copies of the daily Oceania Currents for each day. The review is on our website www.thepreismans.com. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for sharing your photos and comments on the Regatta This was a treat to be able to enjoy the ship and menus as we will be on Regatta for a 24 day trip to the Amazon.

Thank you so much for sharing your photos and comments on the Regatta This was a treat to be able to enjoy the ship and menus as we will be on Regatta for a 24 day trip to the Amazon.

You are most welcome. There were several couples on our cruise that had continued on from the Amazon cruise. They were raving about how much they enjoyed it. I hope yours is as good as theirs was.

Yes Mike certainly more than one afternoon, now reading your reviews at night after I come home from work. Never had the inclination to try one of the mega ships but after reading your review on Allure of the Seas it is on my list, and have noticed next year they are in Europe so will probably do one there with a follow up cruise on Oceania, just finished your review in River cruise from Paris and have book marked your review on Paris, as it includes so many must dos, thank you once again for your thorough and interesting reviews.

Yes Mike certainly more than one afternoon, now reading your reviews at night after I come home from work. Never had the inclination to try one of the mega ships but after reading your review on Allure of the Seas it is on my list, and have noticed next year they are in Europe so will probably do one there with a follow up cruise on Oceania, just finished your review in River cruise from Paris and have book marked your review on Paris, as it includes so many must dos, thank you once again for your thorough and interesting reviews.

I am so glad you are enjoying them. The good news for you is that the older the review, the smaller the review; so they can be read quicker. Enjoy!

Yes Mike certainly more than one afternoon, now reading your reviews at night after I come home from work.

I'm also glad that you're enjoying our reviews. :) If you read the 2013 Baltic cruise, be sure to also read the land tour pre-cruise that we did. We had quite the adventure with Mike driving on the wrong side of the road! Added to that were 1 accident, 1 entrapment, and 1 fall. :eek:

Yes Carol am slowly getting through all your wonderful travel reports, including your land tour of England. Understand where you are coming from with respect to the driving, I would not feel comfortable driving on the left side. Oh my gosh what an awful fall, did you just loose your balance ironman trip? Could have been much worse.

Edited by vrogers

This was amazing. DH and I are scheduled for our first Oceania Cruise on Marina this September so I am reading everything I can find about the cruise line and the ships. This is an excellent review and your photos are amazing. DH wanted to know what kind of camera you were using, I am glad you listed that as well.

Thanks again.

This was amazing. DH and I are scheduled for our first Oceania Cruise on Marina this September so I am reading everything I can find about the cruise line and the ships. This is an excellent review and your photos are amazing. DH wanted to know what kind of camera you were using, I am glad you listed that as well.

Thanks again.

I am so glad you enjoyed the review and that it has been helpful for you. Like you, I researched like crazy before this first O cruise. You will learn everything possible about O on this board with the many knowledgeable O fans. I hope you enjoy O as much as we did. We are looking forward to our next one in March. :)

Hi..we were on your Regatta cruise as well....I agreed with almost all your observations. We also liked Greg Moreland very much and disliked Tom Drake too. We didn't go to his complete show as we found him too insulting for our taste at the preview. We did leave early during the last singer. We only got 4 notes out and we also new his style and his song selection wasn't for us.....but the dancers/singers were fantastic...the blonde female lives in Manhattan just one building away from where I lived as a kid, so we spoke to her about that after the show.

Our only disagreement concerned the hamburgers at the Wave...inedible....strangest looking and tasting burger I ever tried. The server assured me it was all beef...but the manager said it was actually a combo of various things including beef, pork and he didn't know what else. Thanks for all the work you put into your website.

Hi..we were on your Regatta cruise as well....I agreed with almost all your observations. We also liked Greg Moreland very much and disliked Tom Drake too. We didn't go to his complete show as we found him too insulting for our taste at the preview. We did leave early during the last singer. We only got 4 notes out and we also new his style and his song selection wasn't for us.....but the dancers/singers were fantastic...the blonde female lives in Manhattan just one building away from where I lived as a kid, so we spoke to her about that after the show.

Our only disagreement concerned the hamburgers at the Wave...inedible....strangest looking and tasting burger I ever tried. The server assured me it was all beef...but the manager said it was actually a combo of various things including beef, pork and he didn't know what else. Thanks for all the work you put into your website.

Hi Lee,

So nice to hear from you. I think you misunderstood me on the Wave hamburgers. I said "I did have a hamburger which was on a really great roll." Neither Carol nor I thought the hamburger itself was that great; but the roll was. The burger itself was definitely different and we only had one of them on a 12 day cruise. It is good to know that it was a combination of meats, since it was strange. I might update the review to mention that. Thanks for the info.

Hi Lee,

So nice to hear from you. I think you misunderstood me on the Wave hamburgers. I said "I did have a hamburger which was on a really great roll." Neither Carol nor I thought the hamburger itself was that great; but the roll was. The burger itself was definitely different and we only had one of them on a 12 day cruise. It is good to know that it was a combination of meats, since it was strange. I might update the review to mention that. Thanks for the info.

Yes...I did misunderstand...I didn't even form an opinion about the roll because the burger was so weird.

We we returned, we heard from a friend on a Princess cruise which was 12 or 14 days and also missed three ports ( I'm considering ours as having missed three ports-the pvt island, the overnight in Charleston, and the 4 hour delay in Florida which prevented us from renting a car to visit a friend). They received a nice letter from Princess offering them a sizable discount on a future cruise. We, onboard, just received a letter from the Cap't. I think Oceania needs to work on their customer relations. We booked this cruise because of the itinerary and the changes to the itinerary were very disappointing.

Yes...I did misunderstand...I didn't even form an opinion about the roll because the burger was so weird.

We we returned, we heard from a friend on a Princess cruise which was 12 or 14 days and also missed three ports ( I'm considering ours as having missed three ports-the pvt island, the overnight in Charleston, and the 4 hour delay in Florida which prevented us from renting a car to visit a friend). They received a nice letter from Princess offering them a sizable discount on a future cruise. We, onboard, just received a letter from the Cap't. I think Oceania needs to work on their customer relations. We booked this cruise because of the itinerary and the changes to the itinerary were very disappointing.

In all fairness we did get one evening of free drinks. I think about 3 hours where the Captain(theoretically) bought all the rounds. No restrictions on the single malt either like on the Captain's Welcome night.

In all fairness we did get one evening of free drinks. I think about 3 hours where the Captain(theoretically) bought all the rounds. No restrictions on the single malt either like on the Captain's Welcome night.

NO LIMIT ON THE SINGLE MALT! :eek: Now you tell me.:D

It didn't compensate us enough for the tours we needed to cancel as well as missing out on seeing someone we haven't seen for 10 yrs. Maybe the booze was to make us forget.

It didn't compensate us enough for the tours we needed to cancel as well as missing out on seeing someone we haven't seen for 10 yrs. Maybe the booze was to make us forget.

Yes, I think most of us aboard were disappointed, but I just can't hold Oceania responsible for the weather. Could they have scheduled things a little different? Probably, I know I would have preferred an abbreviated stay in Norfolk and still stayed on schedule for Charleston. But I did wind up enjoying our trip to Williamsburg. After going there I would have been sad to have missed it.

As I've seen stated here on CC many, many times. If you absolutely must visit a location and it will ruin your trip if the port is cancelled, then book a land trip there. I'm not a cheerleader for any cruise line but in this situation I really don't feel Oceania owes me compensation for the events on that cruise.

I can certainly understand your disappointment though.

I also didn't expect any compensation. The Captain managed the situation the best he could, considering the issues were caused by acts of God, not Oceania. I was originally very disappointed that we would miss our overnight in Charleston; but was very glad that we got to have a day in Norfolk, since it was a great port that I would have hated to miss.

When I book a cruise; I understand that schedules can change. In this case, the cancellation of Great Stirrup Cay resulted in a full day in Bermuda rather than a late afternoon. Definitely an upgrade we didn't have to pay for.

This is fabulous, MVPinBoynton, and is whetting our appetite for our upcoming review of Oceania Regatta. Thanks so much for sharing!

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

We have just published our review of our recent Summer Allure cruise to Bermuda on the Oceania Regatta. In addition to lots of photos of the ship and ports, we have also included on the "Menus" tab, copies of all the restaurant and bar menus; as well as many food photos . On the "Dailies" tab, there are full copies of the daily Oceania Currents for each day. The review is on our website www.thepreismans.com. Enjoy!

What a fabulous review, thank you for taking the time to put it together - must have taken ages. Thank you also for posting the Daily Currents - really interesting - and completely answers the question of dress code; couldn't be clearer. So glad you enjoyed the cruise so much..

Mike, I've told you several times how helpful your reports and reviews are when we travel to various locales. We just booked a last minute river cruise. One of the first things I did was go to your web site and sure enough I found two wonderful river cruise reviews. Some of your ports overlap what we will see and your pictures of Europe are worth a thousand words.

Thanks again.

This is fabulous, MVPinBoynton, and is whetting our appetite for our upcoming review of Oceania Regatta. Thanks so much for sharing!

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Thanks Carolyn. I am looking forward to your review, so I can see the physical changes. I hope there are no changes to the wonderful service. I do think that O is our new favorite line.

Edited by MVPinBoynton

What a fabulous review, thank you for taking the time to put it together - must have taken ages. Thank you also for posting the Daily Currents - really interesting - and completely answers the question of dress code; couldn't be clearer. So glad you enjoyed the cruise so much..

Thanks Daisy. We just loved your beautiful town of Bath last year. I couldn't take enough photos.