NAVIGATOR May 4-10,2014 REVIEW w/lots of photos

Great pics. Noticed that you dined a lot in the restaurants that are additional fees. Wife and I are going in a few months are wondering how much more you paid for meals onboard per meal, is it $25 per person per meal?

Hi southtraveler. It may be different now as RCL changes things up every once in a while it seems on various ships, but I believe in May (if I'm wrong here someone please correct me) Giovanni's was $20pp and Sabor was $35. Both were absolutely totally worth it.

Have a great cruise! :D

• 2 weeks later...
This day was EXACTLY what the doctored ordered... a day of nothing! No commitments, no clients, nada!!! Just relaxing :) So, #1 thing to do today... sleep in! Check :p After that we hit the DL for a small breakfast and we did more "site-seeing" around the ship before our M&M at 11:15am

Our role-call was extremely fortunate to have a long time CC'er and fellow cruise addict, Delacruz, set up a M&M event for us all... because this was less than a 7-day cruise per RCL rules there was no formal M&M sponsored by RCL, but Delacruz was able to secure a meet and greet in the Cosmopolitan Club (Viking Crown) for 11:15am. I would say half of those who signed up showed up and we had maybe 40-50 people which was really nice. We then had a cabin crawl which I had never been on before... it was extremely rare as we had an Owner's Suite available to us all... W O W!!! What a way to travel! Just a gorgeous cabin. Also on the list were 2 interiors, a corner aft balcony, promenade, GS, and 2 of the new balcony rooms up on deck 12. A few of us also cornered the stateroom attendant we found up there and coerced him to open up one of the huge panoramic corner staterooms with the floor to ceiling windows... WOW! Huge cabin, beautiful and truly floor-to-ceiling full glass windows from one wall to the other, just great rooms up there.

Yep... it's Monday May 5

CDSC06747_zps0c909893.jpg

My morning daily ritual photo

CDSC06748_zpse53e25ba.jpg

We walked out to the helipad to enjoy the ocean wind and stare out at the ocean. Here's a closer shot of the front of the ship, again our porthole is bottom row (deck 6) third from the left. Behind the wall and directly underneath deck 6 is the crew outdoor area

DSC06710_zps30add343.jpg

And here's a closer look at the outdoor area underneath the cabin

DSC06711_zps8b2be501.jpg

We are booked for this October in one of the deck 12 balconies... What were your thoughts on these cabins?

We are booked for this October in one of the deck 12 balconies... What were your thoughts on these cabins?

I didn't stay there, but we viewed two of them on our cabin crawl and those occupants loved them. Really nicely brand spankin' new and shiny, new decor and cabinets. I personally thought the views up there were awesome, and I loved the idea of coming out directly onto top deck and the pool deck. I would like to try them one day.

Have a great cruise!! :D

I think you're right about the cost for Giovanni's (and $15 for lunch), but I'm quite sure Sabors was $25 pp. Well worth it in my opinion!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Holy crap!!! Paul & Judi, how the heck are you guys?! I just noticed your post! Gonna email you :D:D:D

That was us in one of those Deck 12 balconies on the May 4 sailing!

We thoroughly enjoyed the cabin and location. As Hoopster95 said, all the cabinets and decor were new. We found that every nook and cranny seemed to be used for all kinds of storage - we had a good place for everything.

We felt like the Solarium pool was in our 'backyard' - we'd step out the door just around the corner from the cabin and go down the stairs to the pool. Also since there were so few cabins in this section it was nice and quiet.

Enjoy it in October!

Holy crap!!! Paul & Judi, how the heck are you guys?! I just noticed your post! Gonna email you :D:D:D

Hey! I got your email this morning and will reply soon. We're planning a Mediterranean & Adriatic cruise July 2016 and I've been reading your review of your Sept 2014 Serenade sailing.

It's great that this thread is still going. I really enjoyed this sailing - the refurbished ship, the active Roll Call & Cabin Crawl, our amazing meals at Sabors and joining you at Giovannis, and the itinerary!

Judi

That was us in one of those Deck 12 balconies on the May 4 sailing!

We thoroughly enjoyed the cabin and location. As Hoopster95 said, all the cabinets and decor were new. We found that every nook and cranny seemed to be used for all kinds of storage - we had a good place for everything.

We felt like the Solarium pool was in our 'backyard' - we'd step out the door just around the corner from the cabin and go down the stairs to the pool. Also since there were so few cabins in this section it was nice and quiet.

Enjoy it in October!

I am so glad to hear! I originally booked us in an aft cabin 9690, but realized that even though it was aft, that the balcony didn't have room for a lounger after seeing a youtube video of it. I then found out that the cabins on 12 were recently added and thought that it would also be a great location so I moved us to 1826. Do you have any pictures of the cabin that you could share?

• 1 month later...