NAVIGATOR May 4-10,2014 REVIEW w/lots of photos

There were plenty of other native animals to see, pet & feed.

This guy quickly paced back and forth and back and forth and back and forth... never coming close to us. I could not get a good pic. And we were whisked away quickly from this area so I didn't get the name of this animal. I do remember the guide quickly saying something about the racoon family. Anyone know?

DSC07003_zps6fbf7ea5.jpg

This is a Coati or also called a Coatimundi. And yes they are part of the raccoon family and they eat lizard, large spiders, small birds, and rodents.

DSC07107_zps619b7658.jpg

I woke up this morning and noticed we weren't too far out of port, with a CCL ship off in the distance, and one that was already docked as we had just turned into and faced the Cozumel pier

DSC07115_zps3de4580f.jpg

By the time the Navigator settled into it's mooring place, we docked at the International Pier with the front of the ship facing away from the pier/dock/shops

DSC07120_zpsc8cc7548.jpg

We went to the main dining room this morning to enjoy the sit down service and eggs benny!!... but we were not impressed with the eggs benny at all. Quite a disappointment as we were really looking forward to it as other MDR breakfast experiences were great on other ships. The buffet portion was equal to (if not worse than) the WJ with clumps of greasy bacon all stuck together, cold scrambled eggs, etc. The best part of this buffet in MDR at least was good, and that's the custom granola station.. I love the home-made muesli with the ability to customize with pecans, walnuts, raisins, brown sugar, and the fruit selection is more extensive and cut up into proper bite size pieces compared to the bigger "clumps" up in the WJ. The regular coffee was pretty average, so I quickly had to make my way up to the DL for my usual Macchiato/Cappuccino combo. And then we got ready to get out and go to Cozumel.

Because we didn't get out the very second we docked, our debarkation was super easy with no line ups, right out to the pier with not too many people at all.

DSC07124_zps72e1bc40.jpg

DSC07125_zps3daad868.jpg

I've been to Cozumel 4 other times, 3 of them rented a jeep and drove around the island stopping at various bars, beaches and the ruins at San Gervaiso, the other I did the Fury catamaran snorkel/beach break.... our plan this time was:

DSC07131_zps2e7fb0a2.jpg

Yep, all those times at Cozumel and never once visited Chankanaab... and it definitely won't be the last!

We headed out of the pier to the taxi area. They were charging a flat rate of $11 per couple for a taxi ride to Chankanaab so we hopped in. 10 minutes later we were at the park's front entrance. Entrance to the park was $21 per adult. Gf wanted to get cold bottled water and look at a few things in one of the shops, and the lady owner in there was the mother of one of the snorkel guys running shop #2 on the beach, so she sold us snorkel tickets at a discount (we think lol) $5 a piece for snorkel gear and she called ahead.

DSC07127_zpsc95afc83.jpg

I was amazed that there was hardly anyone around, very empty. As we walked through the main square/fountains/hub of the park to head to the beach area, a park official said good morning to us and asked if we'd like to see the sea lion show as it was just starting... so we went right away without having to come back later. It's a decent 15-20min short show, great for kids/families to get them out of the sun and to do something different during the day. Worth seeing just once.

DSC07136_zpsebeb441f.jpg

DSC07140_zpscc292a7c.jpg

Once we exited the sea lion show, there was an entrance to a replica Mayan walk, that had replica statues/monuments of famous Mayan ruins as you walked through with narratives on stone placards so that you knew what you were looking at. I believe this was called the Botanical Gardens.

DSC07154_zps9178e03f.jpg

The walk takes about 20-30 min, depending if you stop at every monument to read and how quickly you wind your way through. Half-way through we entered an empty "village" set-up, obviously a replica of Mayan life, but we were surprised to find an elder rolling and making fresh tortilla's, and serving them for free with home made salsa... de-lish!!!

So an hour after getting there, doing the sea-lion show and botanical walk, we got to the front of the beach...

DSC07163_zps570facfb.jpg

This place is also beautiful in it's own right (like West Bay in Roatan). It's man made with direct and extremely easy/convenient access to the rocky shore for snorkelling & diving, but extremely well done and gorgeous. If you look at the previous map I posted (last picture of prev post), I took these pictures right in front of the 4 green 'balloons' on the map. Those balloons are the various snorkelling gear huts, and we made camp there most of the day as they had excellent white loungers to tan on and thatch cabana type huge umbrellas with wonderfully comfortable wood oversized chair loungers if you wanted to be in the shade.

DSC07165_zps2f59718c.jpg

Everyone had a great 180 degree view up and down the beach, and you can see the cruise ships off into the distance. On the other side of that pier, and on the pier itself, you see quite a few people... this is the dolphin area... more on this later

DSC07167_zps7a4da15f.jpg

DSC07170_zpsf322f02a.jpg

DSC07171_zpsd770798f.jpg

I dove and snorkelled at both the Great Barrier Reef 2 yrs ago as well as Bonaire this past November, so I just can't say that the snorkelling here was phenomenal or a "10"... but it was very good and we had a really good time. So before we settled in to our sun-tanning time and then get lazy, we decided to grab a locker ($5 and the best money spent all day), lock our stuff up and go snorkelling right away. We had our gear fitted at hut #2, our stuff in the locker, and we were headed down into the water all in about 10-15min of taking the photos on the previous post. We snorkelled for over an hour easy and you have use of the equip all day.

I have a FUJI underwater hand held that takes ok pics, but without the large strobe flashes that the pros use, these are jut a few of the more decent photos I have

DSC07173_zpsb6b814d2.jpg

DSC07172_zps1c3eaa40.jpg

DSC07174_zps8f10f193.jpg

DSC07175_zps9d615b9d.jpg

DSC07177_zpsf0ea5461.jpg

Chankanaab is totally a do-it-yourself day trip... you absolutely do not need to pay for a guide here. You can see that with the many tours running at the hot-spot reef where all the fish were, I was able to see the swarms of fish created when the tour guide brought out food etc, or when one of the guides dove 20-25ft to disturb the school of fish huddled against the coral. Getting to the park was easy, walking around the park was easy, finding everything was easy... it was just all very easy and lots of fun! ... and it's only just after 12pm :D

Jogging track is on deck 12. It's exactly half the length of the regular track you'll find on Mariner and the other Voyager Class ships now that Navigator cut off everything from the Solarium forward for the new cabins on deck 12.

So the track loops in behind the big screen TV underneath the Viking Crown as the other ships... but instead of looping again all the way around the front of the ship in front of the gym/spa it loops in behind the sky bar. For the "Make A Wish" we did 8 laps for a mile instead of the normal 4.

Thanks for the response!

So we brought our snorkel gear back as we were sure we didn't want to snorkel again... we wanted to chill out. We laid on the rounded suntan chairs for about an hour, which were total and surprisingly comfy, and then decided to walk the beach a bit to check out the park.

We headed towards the restaurant area that faced the cruise ships in the distance and dolphin area I described in the previous posts. As we approached, we realized that the dolphin area is totally open and viewable to the public from the boardwalk! You can watch the various groups of tourists interact with the trainers & dolphins.... and better yet the huge middle pool seemed to be a training/holding area for the various dolphins and there were a couple of trainers going through routines with these awesome creatures. Here's a couple of close-ups I took... these pictures just do not do these animals nor the show they were putting on any justice at all

DSC07205_zps36122534.jpg

DSC07206_zpsc283efb9.jpg

We sat and watched this free "show" for about 15 minutes before heading back. We chilled out a little more before deciding to make our way back to the ship

DSC07183_zps3acec9a1.jpg

DSC07211_zpsb4c2841f.jpg

And this was our final view from our wooden loungers under the palms before heading back... it just does not get better than this

DSC07213_zps7eb90339.jpg

Tons of cabs were coming through the front area of the park, so we were in a cab in 30 seconds... again $11 for the two of us to get back. We got to the pier at about 3pm (all aboard at 4:30pm). GF wanted to spend time shopping but I sure as hell didn't! lol. So she got her time to shop and I took mine by heading back to the ship to "site-see" the ship more, take more pics, and enjoy the afternoon until sailaway.

DSC07221_zps6d257884.jpg

DSC07225_zpse4605557.jpg

I headed back to my room to drop all the stuff off, took our towels back, and then headed off camera in hand to check a few things out around the ship. I remembered that I had not taken any pics of the RCL On-Line nor C&A LA areas yet on decks 7&6 respectively, so off I went on my mission.

Walking down the stairs I stopped at deck 8 and realized that this shot of the Promenade would not disappoint, so here it is...

DSC07232_zps7504072f.jpg

DSC07233_zps5c268fa6.jpg

I continued on my way down to deck 7 and took the following picture of the Internet area RCL On-Line. There were too many people line-up and milling about in the C&A LA area, so I didn't get a picture there.

DSC07234_zps4399c2f0.jpg

And off I went to complete my next mission :D.....

I then remembered I hadn't had any pics of the DL, so I thought I'd easily head up on the elevator now since I want to be on top decks for sailaway anyhow, and get a few pics before fellow Diamonds start showing up in the late-afternoon. Here's some photos of the DL on deck 14, access from the starboard side of the Cosmopolitan Club (Viking Crown). This is the best DL I've ever been in on any ship (incl Oasis). Had the very best view and outside deck access with about 10 tables with view overlooking sports court right beside the rock climbing wall. This was the old Club 19 Sports bar area ( I believe that was the name of it).

DSC07237_zpse77da700.jpg

DSC07238_zps00c9ad41.jpg

DSC07239_zps77152e4c.jpg

We were still a good 45 minutes away from all-aboard time, so I made my way around deck 12 to take pics of the FloRider and pool deck from various angles

DSC07246_zps15647d4b.jpg

DSC07249_zps3976c742.jpg

DSC07253_zpsb90e1316.jpg

I then thought I'd walk to the front of the ship to see what the view is like. It was since day 1 that I was up there and I mentioned how I thought deck 13 forward is such a total waste of space... well this solidifies that thought

DSC07254_zps0e7a1ff7.jpg

DSC07255_zps3b350e80.jpg

If you go to deck 11 forward, and turn into the Solarium from either the elevator or stairs, go straight out the door rather than turning into the Solarium! Hardly anyone goes out that door, but firstly it leads you to a great spot that extends out and gives you a full unobstructed view down the side of the ship from front all the way to the back. Btw that's the Triumph (left) and Magic (right) parked there at the "Mayan Terminal"

DSC07256_zpseee2a866.jpg

Now follow that deck forward and you reach the bridge viewing area, where you can view inside the bridge, see the captain and all the officers. These two pictures are through the glass looking down into the bridge

DSC07259_zps01767235.jpg

DSC07260_zps76ec84d7.jpg

I then headed out front to the helipad to look around... this is a real memorable spot on the ship for me as I've have some spectacular memories and sailaways on other ships from here. I thought this shot was interesting with the aft ends of Triumph and Magic showing on the right

DSC07263_zps50263225.jpg

And lastly I thought this pic was fitting, framing the cursed Triumph through the crane and liferafts!!

DSC07267_zps7202f93b.jpg

Time to meet up with GF, and right on time, up on deck 12. The ropes were released within 20 minutes and we said good-bye to our final port of call... until the next time Cozumel!!

DSC07282_zps559cfd4e.jpg

We were booked for Sabor at 6pm, so we got ready early once having taken a few more pics up on deck 12, and then headed up to the DL for a pre-dinner pic. We enjoyed our drink within the Cosmopolitan Club looking out over the pool deck, and then went down to Sabor.

There were 4 other couples there right at 6pm, and by the time we were done dinner (around 7:45-8) the place was packed solid.

Delacruz's dh told me to get that Cucumber-Jalopena Margarita, but for some reason they couldn't make it, ran out of cucumbers of all things!!! So I had their simply perfect Margarita and GF had a regular Strawberry, both excellent. The waiter was fun and attentive, and told us about the menu a bit. GF wasn't sure about the menu but there were definitely a few things I really wanted to try... normally we both like stuff and we share our plates so we had to bend a little here.

In the meantime, the server told us he'll send over the Guacamole server... W O W! The best ever Guac!! My GF hates... yes hates... guacamole, but dared to try just one chip, ended up eating half the bowl!

DSC07286_zps73110b89.jpg

DSC07287_zps3946cc23.jpg

Appies ordered were the Queso Fondido (cheese & chorize fondu) with home made Tortilla's, Chicken stuffed jalopenos and Gazpacho Mexicano...

google "royal caribbean sabor menu" and you can read about what I ordered and several other reviews

Huge portions, we were already laughing because we could leave right then and there and we were satisfied, but we also had 3 main courses ordered:

Pan Seared Snapper, Jalopeno-Garlic Tiger Shrimp & Politto Quesedillas (the Quesedillas with sour cream and the fresh Guac... YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!!)

and OMG the shrimp were to die for, never had them prepared that way. Seriously, I totally forgot to take pictures as I was overwhelmed.

We finished most of it but couldn't believe we did, an unreal totally satisfying utterly delicious dinner... and now desert?!?!? Well the waiter came over and said we "don't order desert"... he brings every desert on the menu to us on a sampler plate and we have them all! LOL!!! So he comes over with a large rectangular plate with about 6 diff types of deserts including churros with both chocolate and vanilla dipping sauces, chocolate banana empanadas and more, but the very best was a "caffe latte" mousse which was somewhat the consistency of porridge... OMG again, the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. I wanted to lick the plate.

Once done we asked the waiter to order two wheelbarrows for us so two of the staff can wheel us back to our rooms :p. I don't know how, but we walked out of there knowing we just had our best meal on any ship ever. Those of you doubting this place, just go and order everything... don't let the descriptions on the menu fool you. Bon appetite!

So done like dinner, we headed for the production show. I found this one better than night #2. I've seen this number on at least one other ship and I do like ballroom dance, so it was good for me. The pro dancers they featured were unreal

DSC07288_zps610b5910.jpg

After the show, 70's night was full on! This was the typical Promenade parade type event with the same songs being played, ending with the Village People stint with the crew

DSC07290_zps57dea255.jpg

This very busy and fun night ended with the Quest. Studio B packed up by show time and the game was on. John Perry did a decent job, but this Quest was no where even close to some of the suggestive Quests I've been part of in previous years... in fact thinking about it the last 4-5 have been much tamer. I'm guessing maybe bad feedback, cruiser complaints, etc etc have maybe forced RCL to back-off a bit so to speak. We didn't get to see any replays on the big screen (that's my favorite!), no swapping of men/female clothing, etc... none of the truly risqué'r type of quests. Our team didn't place in the top 3 unfortunately.

Even after this monster day, Delacruz/dh and us decided to head up to the Cosmopolitan Club for a drink and to see how the music and action was. We found a table of 4 recently abandoned in a packed venue luckily right by the loud dance floor, sat to order drinks, and were graced with the presence of "Elaine from Seinfeld" dancing again. Now I love music like Usher & Jason Derulo, housemusic like Deadmau5 & Calvin Harris, but the music tonight was just not appealing at all to us. It was that hard core rap that just didn't do it for any of us... I know I know, I'm getting old!:p We all danced to a couple of songs but after about an hour decided to hit the sack. Delacruz made plans to book us into Giovanni's for 4 on final day, so we all decided that was a go and turned in for the night.

GF and I were super bagged... I don't even remember putting my head down on the pillow... the sure sign of a very full & happy stomach, as well as an awesome busy day.

Sea day tomorrow... I'm sleeping in... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As Hoopster95 mentioned, at sailaway we had a Helicopter join us when we got out of the channel and we did a 360 degree turn while it flew around us taking video for a promotion.

DH and I had a similar experience on our Oasis cruise - the Allure had just arrived in Ft Lauderdale for her maiden voyage and we met her out at sea and sailed side by side with the water boats and helicopter surrounding us.

This was just posted on the 'Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society' FB page. I don't know if this will be blocked since CC doesn't like FB (even though they themselves have a page there:rolleyes:), but let's see:

Super post ! Thank you. It may have been mentioned as I could not read it all , but the Navigator does go to Costa Maya once more on November 16, which we are booked on. Not sure why the May cruise was a 6 day, maybe a travel agent deal for one day ?

I really want to branch out with more cruises more often soon and well, I only have about 7 cruises under my belt and only 2 in past 5 years...I would love to try every class of ship in every main stream and Premium line..LOL..for starters. I really want to start doing RCCL/Celebrity and gaining their privileges and you have really made my day for going to Galveston and exploring form there and the older larger ships look just fine, ( was not sure what I would think of them, the tired ones..well not bad and they are doing alot to keep them nice and updating I see...great) I learned so much with great details and photos here, feel so much better about a Western Itinerary.....thanks so much...wonderful review from such sweet happy people...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

DSC07294_zps60bbbdea.jpg

Well this just sucks... the last day of the has come upon us so very quickly! There's a few things I wanted to do today on this last day, so up we got out of bed to get ready to do 'stuff'!

DSC07295_zpsd04f23ce.jpg

I just love this porthole view! I thought to myself that I've read (and seen) many times these rooms sometime stay available as cruisers don't want to book all the way forward (away from elevators, motion, etc) but I will be looking for these again, especially if I can upgrade from an interior if there's price drops... so totally worth it.

DSC07296_zps7ee181f2.jpg

We were still totally stuffed from Sabor's the night before, and our plan was to have something really small and light as possible so that we might do Johnny Rocket's for lunch, so up to the DL we went to have Smoked Salmon croissants w/capers, fresh fruit, and my normal macchiato/cappuccino combo.

The Make A Wish walk is this morning, and we always donate and attend. It was a really nice walk, and I made my way to the front in order to speak with Capt Claus Anderson... I ended up speaking with him the entire 8 laps as many dragged behind in the heat so had a great chat. He captained the Radiance for 8 years and we talked about my home town quite a bit. He also captained the radiance first time into Tampa and we talked about the 3 foot clearance under the bridge... I asked him if he was nervous and he said "no"... then he rolled his eyes a little bit and said well maybe the first time ;) lol.

DSC07297_zps64ab97b0.jpg

DSC07299_zps30e24945.jpg

Out all of the Capts I've ever had the ultimate pleasure to speak with face to face, I feel he is the most technically knowledgable. I also have to say for those of you who have read my previous posts several months ago about Voyager Class being able to do a full transit through the Panama Canal (when the new canal built) and to fit under what I believe to be the too low Bridge of the Americas, Capt Claus assured me that I was totally wrong... He brought out facts and figures, and he is 100% that Voyager Class (and thus Freedom too) would have no problem getting under the bridge of the Americas. Right away he quoted the highest point of the bridge to be 74m but the highest point on Voyager 63.5m. And yet I was told the opposite previously, also by a capt??? I'll have to find some of my old posts so that I can correct myself with Capt Claus' info here.

I thought I would have to leave the walk early as I also have an 11:30am invite to the "Metropololis Theatre - Behind the Scenes" tour available to Diamond members by rsvp only, but we finished all 8 laps by 11:25am. I thanked Capt Claus personally and off I went to deck 3 forward......

I had attended a behind the scenes tour on the Rhapsody two years ago, as well as Oasis last year, but I felt this one was better. The lead theatre engineer (I wish I could remember his name, super nice Romanian fellow) and the two dancers not only led us onto the stage but also into the back behind the curtains to view their staging area, the utter lack of space they have to change and get back on stage, etc. It was really interesting and I spent a good 45-50 min on this really informative and quite informal "meet & greet" type of atmosphere.

DSC07307_zpsa2be950f.jpg

DSC07311_zps06c5fd5d.jpg

In behind the sets/curtains we go!

DSC07301_zps4046e6a5.jpg

DSC07302_zpsaec4f5f1.jpg

DSC07303_zps931b3ff8.jpg

There were a lot of great questions asked by many people, and in an informal way. The two dancers were very accommodating, and talked about life in the arts and some of the challenges during shows, space (lack of) to get around for changing, having issues on stage, movement of the ship at inopportune times, etc! I spent a lot of time speaking with the Head Engineer (ugh, I just can't remember his name now!!) and he was great.

DSC07312_zpsa62a8e53.jpg

DSC07315_zpsc143aac9.jpg

DSC07316_zps7a4f6858.jpg

DSC07317_zps333a378d.jpg

For those of you who have ever sat very close up front to watch the production shows and dancers, take particular note of the width of the actual stage from the very edge closest to the seating to where it stage 'drops' up & down when needed into the pit. You've seen shows with the dancers moving and spinning around there yes?? Unreal! It's only 20" wide at it's thinnest point. The gentleman in the shorts on the very right is the super nice Romanian Head Engineer whom I can't remember his name.

DSC07318_zps72036581.jpg

I asked him if anyone has ever dropped down into the pit by mistake during a show and he just laughed... "absolutely"! They normally have a net there, and he's seen dancers etc fall into the net, but on one specific show on Oasis he had told the CD that the net was not out yet, the CD went out on stage and walked right into the pit... a 12' drop!!! The CD supposedly continued the show but was off for 6 months after with back issues. I didn't ask him who that CD was... anyone know?

Back in my first few posts I mentioned this was a cruise of firsts for me, and that continued now. So two things that I wanted to do fell through the cracks:

• We were still full from Sabor the night before, so we dropped the idea of JR's because we had that meal planned with delacruz this evening at Giovanni's... no JR on this cruise!
  • I have skated in the ice rink on every Voyager, Freedom and Oasis Class ship I have ever been on... just to say so :p. Well, I forgot that the ice show was offered again today in the afternoon at 2pm & 4pm for those who missed it a couple of nights ago due to ticketing. So public skating wasn't offered, the first RCL ship I hadn't skated on

The above didn't phase me as we had a gorgeous & hot afternoon out there today yet again, so up to the pool deck we went to enjoy the festivities of pool deck on that final day.

DSC07320_zpsfeb0a28b.jpg

DSC07321_zps1c774fa5.jpg

DSC07323_zps1146bc97.jpg

DSC07324_zpsf5749460.jpg

Once I checked out the fruit carving and got drinks, we settled in to our two loungers and began our "baking" ritual. Wen were right in front of the pool immediately in front of the that "indian" looking statue on the left in the above picture.

Soon enough, it was bellyflop competition time! I had pics, but due to our proximity to the pool, the moisture and heat, my cameral lens fogged up and my pics did not turn out. They had a hard time getting people so I participated... I'm not big nor fat at all (arguable after last night's Sabor dinner!!!), but I've won a bellyflop competition twice on Royal in the past (also sexiest man, sexiest legs, etc... ya, I can be a real ham). It's not how fat you are... it's the way you hit the water that creates the splash. I've discovered I'm pretty good at it. I've also pretty much won an RCL medal on every cruise I've been on, so I was expecting to at least place 1st/2nd or 3rd here... nope... dead last! LOL... Yep, I guess I sucked this time, so once again another first on this cruise, no medal to bring home :p At least I was able to give away a couple of baseball caps I won at trivia but I kept this one from the bellyflop (now sitting in my living room overtop the other countless caps I have in a pile lol!)

This was an awesome afternoon. But after the last 3-4 very hot days on the beaches, we were pretty tired and needed to get out of the sun a little earlier than normal......

So rather than heading back to our room, we roamed the ship a bit. I only had one coffee that morning and yearned another Macchiato/Cappuccino... perhaps my last one of the trip, so we decided to go up to the DL in our bathing suit attire {... GASP...}!!! 3:30pm in the afternoon.... no one was there, so grabbed my coffee and we went to sit down outside with a superb view of the sports court, rock wall and back of the ship in general

DSC07338_zps7a85e608.jpg

DSC07339_zps8e8b27ee.jpg

DSC07341_zps5e45a789.jpg

I'm guessing we sat there for over a 1/2 hour, reminiscing about the trip and watching some of the 3 on 3 basketball, then adult volleyball. GF noticed people in the DL and she said we should get out of there with our poor "dress standards" so into the DL we went.... there were a good 7-8 couples already, likely wanting to enjoy their last pre-dinner drinks and relaxation in the DL. I felt the eyes on us as we as quickly & quietly as we could slithered thru and out into the Cosmopolitan Club.

As we made our way down to our room, I wanted to get one more shot of the Royal Promenade, and I remembered I had not taken that shot of the C&A Loyalty Ambassador area. This area also has that section of decking jutting out into the promenade as well that looks like the bow of the ship, which is where I took these three pics

DSC07342_zpsd6272b8d.jpg

DSC07343_zps958d3f97.jpg

DSC07345_zps00ee35d0.jpg

Off to our room we went to get ready for Giovanni's ... YAAAAAAAY !!!

I noticed the lighting of the room in this afternoon really captured the view out into the helipad, so I snapped this shot (no flash) in order to see the real size of the room and the actual view outside from far away as you enter the room each time ... {sigh} ... I'm going to cut out round cardboard for all my windows at home now! :p

DSC07352_zps5f0a6a52.jpg

A few cruisers were enjoying the helipad this afternoon

DSC07355_zps27516d66.jpg

So up to the DL we went... I wonder if anyone up there from before recognized us now that we were all dressed and not in baseball cap and swim trunks?!? lol. This was the busiest night of the week and the DL was full. They also had DL hors d'oeuvres set up just outside the DL door within the Cosmopolitan Club, so like earlier in the week we went into the DL bar to order, and brought our drinks out into the Cosmopolitan Club so that we can enjoy the view of the ship and pool deck in the evening sun

DSC07359_zpsa6d09999.jpg

I put my camera away at this point as I just wanted to enjoy the evening without snapping a bazillion shots... We met up with delacruz & Paul right on time at 6pm going into Giovanni's, and the Maitre'D and waiter whom I had such a good time bantering with on night #2 recognized us right away. We were shown to our ocean view table and proceeded to have an awesome dinner! They served to us the appies and pastas family style so that we could all share: we shared the jumbo scallops (garlic butter presented in shell), risotto ai funghi, crab ravioli w/shrimp, and an awesome Penne with a salmon sauce that had a bite. I had the Ossubuco w/polenta and GF had the Jumbo Shrimp. Delacruz, I forgot what you guys had so go ahead with your Giovanni's review if you wish :) The Tiramisu dessert is homemade and awesome, as are the cannoli's (especially the mascarpone cheese one, not so much the almond and chocolate). Oh boy... another stuffed evening!

We rolled out of there and prepared to go to the Farewell show in the Theatre. In front center is CD John Perry.... decent job but not at all the very best I've ever experienced. Again I can't remember where but he used to be the Head Activity Director on a previous cruise... I actually think he was perhaps under Mike Szwajkowski, the very best ever ever ever CD I have ever had the pleasure of being entertained by, especially on the Voyager out of Galveston... I'm 100% certain you Texans out there reading can attest and chime in on Mike if you wish....

DSC07362_zps33f32b57.jpg

We then met Delacruz/dh and another young couple we had made friends with in Boleros for a final farewell drink and goodbye. Then we attended the final show of the week, a late night comedy with a comedian named Tom McTeague. I saw him last year (I forget if it was Oasis?) but I remembered a good portion of his set, and that was over a year ago. He was pretty good and the crowd enjoyed him.... but get some more new jokes!

We decided not to make this an early morning type of evening and skipped the Viking Crown nightclub, opting for early bed. We filled our carry-ons in 15-20min... nice!!! and it was off to bed as we had as post-cruise excursion booked to the Johnson Space Center tomorrow upon debarkation..... nite nite y'all!