Drink Packages - What would you suggest?

Sailing on the Oasis next month, and while I have cruised numerous times in the past, this will be my first since 2002, when I was underage.

I'm looking over the drink packages that RC offers on the Oasis, and at this point, I think I'm down to either the Premium or Ultimate. Its not that we drink a lot, but we have talked it over and can see ourselves getting to the point where it makes sense. We don't drink a lot, but when we do, whenever possible, we like to go high end (where I'll love a Macallan's 15 after dinner or during cocktails, and she would love a Gran Marnier in the evenings, and we much prefer something like Cazadores when mixing margaritas, and so on). In this scenario, from those with previous experience, what would you suggest?

I looked it up last week and from a site I could find, it looked like the main difference between Ultimate and Premium was that on Ultimate, it includes gourmet coffee's and sparkling water, but when I looked it up today, it appears that the Ultimate includes all alcoholic selections on the ship, and Premium includes only premium frozen cocktails, and lower end beers. Am I reading everything correctly?

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

ULTIMATE*

$65 USD

per person, per day

Includes:

Virtually unlimited options.

A combination of all the

benefi ts from Premium

and Royal Replenish

packages.

PREMIUM*

$55 USD

per person, per day

Includes:

• Call, and premium

cocktails (up to $10 value)

• Frozen cocktails

• Beer

• Premium wines by the

glass (up to $12 value)

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Bottled water still (500ml)

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

ROYAL REPLENISH*

$20 USD

per person, per day

Includes:

• Premium coff ee

• Premium tea

• Bottled water: Sparkling

(375ml) or Still (500ml)

• Fresh squeezed

orange juice

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

Thanks, but I'm not overly sure that answers my question.

So the Ultimate is a combo of those two, great. But is it a straight merging of the 2 deals, or is there an added extra benefit on top of just the flat combo. My confusion comes from the wording of the following from the new Cruise Planner website:

Ultimate Package:

OVERVIEW

What do you get when you mix our Royal Replenish and Premium Beverage Packages? The Ultimate Beverage Package*.

It's the best of both worlds.

Our entire stock of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is yours to choose from. Enjoy virtually unlimited combinations on everything from cocktails with top-shelf spirits to premium teas and every beverage in between.

Price shown is per person, per day.

Premium Package:

OVERVIEW

The Premium Beverage Package* is the ultimate in convenience and value. Pay one set price and enjoy nearly our entire selection of spirits, beers and wines, plus non-alcoholic beverages.

Your choices include premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, wines by the glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, juices and fountain soda with a free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup. Drink up - there's plenty to choose from!

Price shown is per person, per day.

The part that gets me is the immediate intro of the Ultimate. Does this mean that the Premium package includes the full stock of alcoholic beverages and the Royal Replenish includes the full stock of non-alcoholic beverages, and Ultimate is the combo of the 2? From what I can see of the Premium description, I'm not sure that the Premium does, in fact, include that full stock.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no change in alcohol inclusions between the Premium and Ultimate. The Ultimate only includes the specialty coffee, fresh-squeezed OJ, and sparkling water. I believe they both only include cocktails/spirits up to $10, so I'm not sure Macallan's would be included. I believe there is an (old) image that says what alcohols are included in the package - hopefully someone can find it and post it!

Edited by kahcarre

The premium and ultimate both include the same alcoholic drinks. The ultimate then adds premium coffee and higher end bottled water. If those two things aren't important to you, then the premium package will suffice. If you like lattes and cappuccinos then get the ultimate.

I'm not sure if the alcohol that you listed is covered, but if you select a drink that is over the $10 limit they will just charge you the difference over the $10. That goes for both the premium package and also the ultimate package.

Thanks, everyone! I think that answers my questions.

My wife and I got married last year, and our honeymoon was in Italy. Needless to say, we did get a bit hooked on Lattes and Cappuccinos, but we haven't really done it since. How good is the selection of Lattes and Capps on the ship? (is it basically just standard Starbucks?)

the Grand Marnier should be included , I doubt there is any 15 year single malt that is included. They did include several blended 12 year old scotchs and also some single malt 12 year old, we thought it was a decent deal.

the Grand Marnier should be included , I doubt there is any 15 year single malt that is included. They did include several blended 12 year old scotchs and also some single malt 12 year old, we thought it was a decent deal.

Perfect! :)

Sometimes I actually prefer the Macallan's 12 over the 15 depending on the mood I'm in. Also like many different kinds of Bourbon, of which I'm sure there will be numerous I'll like that are included.

Is hot tea included at all with the Premium plan? My wife likes to drink hot tea over coffee, and I'm hoping there might just be a base kind of hot tea thats included, with premiums being at a cost.

Perfect! :)

Sometimes I actually prefer the Macallan's 12 over the 15 depending on the mood I'm in. Also like many different kinds of Bourbon, of which I'm sure there will be numerous I'll like that are included.

Is hot tea included at all with the Premium plan? My wife likes to drink hot tea over coffee, and I'm hoping there might just be a base kind of hot tea thats included, with premiums being at a cost.

Several varieties of hot tea are included in the cost of the cruise, no package needed.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

ULTIMATE*

$65 USD

per person, per day

Includes:

Virtually unlimited options.

A combination of all the

benefi ts from Premium

and Royal Replenish

packages.

PREMIUM*

$55 USD

per person, per day

Includes:

• Call, and premium

cocktails (up to $10 value)

• Frozen cocktails

• Beer

• Premium wines by the

glass (up to $12 value)

• Bottled water still (500ml)

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

ROYAL REPLENISH*

$20 USD

per person, per day

Includes:

• Premium coff ee

• Premium tea

• Bottled water: Sparkling

(375ml) or Still (500ml)

• Fresh squeezed

orange juice

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

I was just in the new pre-cruise planner of my reservation and it shows that the Select Package has increased to $45.00 a day. It didn't show any price limitations for wine or drinks either for any of the packages. I want to find a revised list from their site but I don't know where to look.

Thanks, everyone! I think that answers my questions.

My wife and I got married last year, and our honeymoon was in Italy. Needless to say, we did get a bit hooked on Lattes and Cappuccinos, but we haven't really done it since. How good is the selection of Lattes and Capps on the ship? (is it basically just standard Starbucks?)

Normal starbucks, though not from the branded Starbucks venues on Oasis and Allure. Just from the other espresso stands.

Tea is included with the cost of the cruise. Things like Tazo tea are included in Replenish and therefore in Ultimate.

Are you sure you'll still drink ENOUGH of the higher end stuff to make a package worth it? I like a nice drink (though usually I mean beer, LOL) but I don't drink enough per day to make an alcohol-containing package worth it for me.

The ultimate then adds premium coffee and higher end bottled water.

Ultimate adds sparkling water, but the "still" water is still the same as with Replenish and Premium. (not evian)