Carnival Pride May 4th-11th

pluto20_2

4th Carnival cruise, 6th overall with stops in Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport Bahamas. 1st time with FTTF and would definitely get again. Embarkation and debarkation were great with FTTF. Had a bottle of Jack from Bon Voyage delivered to our stateroom. It was waiting on us, when we arrived.

We spent hours on or balcony. Deck 6, forward. The ship never seemed crowded, except if you wanted a spot in Serenity. We went to several comedy shows (some funnier than others), but all enjoyable. We loved Roger at the piano bar.

The buffet was spotty with cold food at times, but we could always find something good. Dinners in the main dining room were wonderful. I highly recommend all the chilled soups. We had your time dining, and were usually there when the doors opened, and walked right in. Heading out, we did see people with pagers.

Did not do many of the other activities on the ship. Our schedule consisted of eat, sleep, repeat. In Grand Turk we booked an independent snorkeling excursion to the wall. ( You can find them ranked #1 on trip advisor) We were the only couple booked, so it was basically a private charter. Half Moon Cay is a little piece of paradise! Due to a short time in port, we booked the Kayak excursion thru Carnival for Freeport. Kayaking was fun, and the beach we went to afterwards was stunning!

We had a wonderful time. Would definitely sail the Pride again. Hoping that the décor gets better after the upgrades. We thought that the paintings were a little weird, and some of the décor would go well in a haunted house. Did not bother us though. We were on vacation! Can’t wait to book the next cruise! 232323232%7Ffp437%3A7%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E3%3C7%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D369932%3C477326nu0mrj232323232%7Ffp437%3C3%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E3%3C7%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D36993279%3C4326nu0mrj232323232%7Ffp437%3B%3A%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E3%3C7%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D369932%3C735326nu0mrj

Thank you for posting and telling us about your week. We leave in 5 days on her and I can't wait. We also have FTTF. If you don't mind telling me what time did you arrive at the port and get on the ship? So with disembarking did you do self assist with FTTF or not? What time did you sadly have to leave? Thank you for this information and glad you had a wonderful time!!

We arrived at the port around 11:00 I think. Had to wait about 20 mins to park. Went to the front of the lines with FTTF. Checked in around 11:30, I think that we were on the ship around 12:30. We did self assist debarkation, so we could start the drive back to Ohio. We were in the lounge at about 8:20 ready to get off. At about 8:55 they called FTTF, and we were thru customs and in the car by 9:05. Hope you have a great trip IMKTDQT810!

We were on the same cruise, and simply loved it. We've only sailed on Carnival three times, but this was our best cruise yet. This was our first time with this itinerary. My wife loved swimming at Half moon Cay, and we both had a good time at Grand Turk. We've been to Freeport before, so nothing really new there. This time, we did the tour of the City, Downtown and the Bahamian Brewery. "Brice," our tour guide, did an awesome job! He was knowledgeable, funny, pleasant and outgoing, and even worked the taps a little at the Bahamian Brewery. The products offered here (Sands, High Rock, etc.) are excellent and there was plenty on draft. After sampling each product, you are allowed to drink your fill (within time constraints, of course) of your favorite. Needless to say, the bus was rocking on the way back to the ship!!!

We too, had FTTF, our first time. We arrived in port shortly after 11:00 am, and were directed to drop our luggage. After parking, we entered the terminal which was wall to wall with folks waiting to get on board. Processing was smooth, and we were allowed to bypass the lines and were directed to a private seating area. It was a little after 12:15 or so (I think) when we were allowed to board. I was able to drop our hand-carried items in our room (which was ready) and proceed to the Lido for lunch. Our luggage made it to the room by 1:30 pm. We also enjoyed tender priority at Half moon Cay (second tender), and a priority disembark when back in Baltimore. FTTF worked for us!

We've sailed out of Baltimore three times now, and have never experienced an issue. To us, the Carnival folks do an awesome job! OK, sure I could complain a little about food on the Lido (just for the sake of complaining), but really -- it was not that bad. In fact, I thought most offerings were very good. Food in the Main Dining Room was delicious and well prepared, and the wait staff did their usual phenomenal job.

We stayed in Cabin 6219, the first balcony cabin in the mid-ship bump-out on the starboard side. Nice, clean cabin. No real issues whatsoever! It was always quiet, and the only minor issue I had was on Saturday night was with the "vibration." Don't know if the Captain was pushing it or if there were rough seas that night, but there was a definite vibration. Again, the only time during the week that I noticed it. Our Cabin Steward, Rodger, was phenomenal. We only saw him three times during the week, but our cabin was always kept clean and supplied with clean towels and such.

Again, another wonderful cruise. The "Pride" is getting a little long in the tooth, but she is still a beauty to me. She will be simply awesome after her upgrade to Carnival 2.0! Highly recommend!!!

Edited by penguinhunter

• 1 month later...

Pluto20_2 ---

Just curious what time the welcome aboard show was on the day you embarked Carnival Pride in Baltimore....

I'm curious if it is at 10:15 or 10:30 as it usually is on embarkation days on other ships....

Thanks!!

-Lauren