Baltimore

callolin

I have a question. I am thinking about taking a cruise out of Baltimore in 2015. But I would take the train from Richmond VA. How easy is it to get a cab at the Amtrak station the day of a cruise?

Very. Lots of cabs. If you get off at Baltimore Penn Station the cab should be under $20 or so...

It should be right at $20 from Penn Station to the cruise terminal.

I have a question. I am thinking about taking a cruise out of Baltimore in 2015. But I would take the train from Richmond VA. How easy is it to get a cab at the Amtrak station the day of a cruise?

Be sure you know that there are two stops in Baltimore for Amtrak. The first stop is at BWI Airport. A taxi from there to the cruise terminal will be in the $30 range. The other stop is at Baltimore Penn Station which is on the north side of downtown.

Hi I have a question about Baltimore if you guys can help. Wife, son and I are driving down from long island for a cruise on the pride in may 2015. Was wondering what the parking is like once we arrive, such as do the lots fill up? Are the lots far from the ship? Is the transition from the lot to the ship difficult? This is our first vacation since our son was born and he'll be 2 and a half at the time. We've done a few out of nyc and that can be a bit hectic and the lot isn't very big. Was also wondering if diving down the night before is necessary. Its only a 3 hour drive but thought the peace of mind of getting there early would help. Would always fly down to florida the day before but that's a slightly different situation.

Hi I have a question about Baltimore if you guys can help. Wife, son and I are driving down from long island for a cruise on the pride in may 2015. Was wondering what the parking is like once we arrive, such as do the lots fill up? Are the lots far from the ship? Is the transition from the lot to the ship difficult? This is our first vacation since our son was born and he'll be 2 and a half at the time. We've done a few out of nyc and that can be a bit hectic and the lot isn't very big. Was also wondering if diving down the night before is necessary. Its only a 3 hour drive but thought the peace of mind of getting there early would help. Would always fly down to florida the day before but that's a slightly different situation.

We parked at Baltimore last week, and I can tell you it is RIGHT next to the ship. Super close. I don't think it would fill up… it certainly didn't last week with a full ship. I also don't think you'd need to drive down the night before. Our boarding period was from 10:30 - 3:00, so that's quite a large window! It is very easy, but costs $15 a day.

The lot on the left is the Carnival lot and the one on the right is for RCI. You drop off luggage with the porters as you drive in and pay to park shortly after. It is the easiest lot to get in and out of and one of the nicest terminals to maneuver.

R077141.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The lot on the left is the Carnival lot and the one on the right is for RCI. You drop off luggage with the porters as you drive in and pay to park shortly after. It is the easiest lot to get in and out of and one of the nicest terminals to maneuver.

R077141.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. And by the way are you on the roof of a building for that pic? Pretty nice shot

Thanks for the info guys. And by the way are you on the roof of a building for that pic? Pretty nice shot

Not my picture--it's one from the Port Authority. It is our favorite port to drive in and out of. We're excited to give RCI a try and park on the other side. :D

The parking at the port is $15 a day. If you don't feel like stressing I would look into the Wingate hotel at BWI. They got a cruise package that starts at $139 I believe it includes breakfast, a shuttle to and from the hotel and 10 days of free parking. Seems like a good deal to me. I had a friend use it.

The parking at the port is $15 a day. If you don't feel like stressing I would look into the Wingate hotel at BWI. They got a cruise package that starts at $139 I believe it includes breakfast, a shuttle to and from the hotel and 10 days of free parking. Seems like a good deal to me. I had a friend use it.

Driving to the BWI airport hotel area is south of the cruise port. Snice you are coming from Long Island I would suggest looking into hotels in the White Marsh area which is right off Interstate 95 about 10 minutes north of the cruise terminal and you are not driving past the port to get to a hotel .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Driving to the BWI airport hotel area is south of the cruise port. Snice you are coming from Long Island I would suggest looking into hotels in the White Marsh area which is right off Interstate 95 about 10 minutes north of the cruise terminal and you are not driving past the port to get to a hotel .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yea I'm south of Baltimore so what you say makes sense