Mariner status from sailing on Princess?

bottomfeeder

One thought comes to mind. Was your Princess cruise before they were taken over by Carnival Corp? If so, that may be the reason they won't grant 1* status based on the Princess cruise. If the cruise was after the takeover, then I haven't a clue where the problem is.

Nope, I actually just got an email back from my reply back to them. I think they finally figured out what I wanted haha. Got it!! phew a whole lot of work for a star, but dangit it's pretty next to my name :)

Thanks to all!!!

Nope, I actually just got an email back from my reply back to them. I think they finally figured out what I wanted haha. Got it!! phew a whole lot of work for a star, but dangit it's pretty next to my name :)

Thanks to all!!!

Yea! Glad it finally worked out.

I have just gone through exactly the same experience, as a past cruiser with Princess on my first HAL cruise.

A couple of emails to the Mariner Society were needed. At first, they thought I wanted to add my Princess cruise days to My HAL account to raise my Star level. I know this doesn't happen. I had to explain carefully that I just wanted the equivalent member benefits to my Captains Circle rating. I quoted my Captains Circle number.

A few hours later, I received an email confirmation back and my Mariner Status has been updated. Success!

Congratulations... now that you're a 'Mariner' you can log in and get charged more than a non-Mariner.

Congratulations... now that you're a 'Mariner' you can log in and get charged more than a non-Mariner.

Do explain?? haha :)

It's simple -

On some cruises, HAL charges past passengers more than people who have never sailed with them.

Do explain?? haha :)
Like many businesses, HAL offers special deals (discounts) as incentives to attract new customers. Old customers don't get them. Edited by jtl513

Like many businesses, HAL offers special deals (discounts) as incentives to attract new customers. Old customers don't get them.

Oh, well I won't worry too much. As a new customer I didn't get any offers that weren't available to everyone else so I won't lose sleep over it :)

I received a letter from Princess approximately 7 years ago that stated, based on my status on HAL I would be given the highest status on Princess if I booked and sailed on Princess within a year.

Like many businesses, HAL offers special deals (discounts) as incentives to attract new customers. Old customers don't get them.

A few months ago I would have agreed with you. I wanted to see what would happen if I had no cruises booked with them. I was in that position when I walked off the Westerdam on April 29th. Within the hour of walking off the ship I had some special pricing. It wasn't a huge difference but some. I also got an extra $100 obc for booking on top on the welcome home obc and the week sale obc. I'm sure it will be back to "normal" now.

I received a letter from Princess approximately 7 years ago that stated, based on my status on HAL I would be given the highest status on Princess if I booked and sailed on Princess within a year.

Seems to me I remember hearing something like that. I don't think offers like that come around often. So, did you bite?