A Couple Of Enchantment Questions

We were on the Enchantment last week and loved the ship, but didn't love our room.

We were in 8102, (Panoramic Ocean View) mid ship. In all honesty, I would not recommend this location to anyone. All we heard was noise at all hours. We decided early on to not let it bother us, because I'm sure there was nothing that could be done and it was only 4 nights. DH sleeps with ear plugs, and I sleep with white noise, so we pretty much tuned it out. It was like the noise was all around us, from above and both sides. DH decided to investigate just to see if he could tell where the noise might be coming from, and couldn't see anything above us except Ping-Pong tables.

Also, I hated the shower. The first time I turned it on, I practically flooded the bathroom floor. The shower curtain is useless.

Having said all that, as I said, we LOVED the ship and would sail on it again. We even prefer it to Freedom, which we have been on twice. Next time, we will probably upgrade our accommodations to a JS and be careful of what is above us. I would rather have a passenger deck above us than deck space.

OMG I totally agree. We were in 8100 which is pretty much next door. Ear plugs, white noise app running on two iPhones and some Unisom, and we were still exhausted when we got off the ship. I would go down to 7th deck on Enchantment if you want sleep. I agree about the Ping Pong tables. That and pool chairs being dragged.

But we loved the ship. Coco Cay was great and Nassau was nice. I'd do my research about Nassau, we weren't crazy about shopping. Lukka Kairi has good food, you can see them from the ship when you get into port.

Not sure of your cruise date but if you're sailing before mid November, you'll have the pleasure of sailing with one of RCCL's best Cruise Directors...Marc Walker (bing bong).....he and his staff really add a lot of fun to the 3 and 4 day cruises!

Enchantment is a lovely ship with a great crew.... Enjoy

Thanks Bob, I just want the newbies to experience a little bit of what is on the longer cruises although this is only 3 days. They wanted to try a short one like this to see how it is before they venture off on a longer cruise! :cool:

My experience is that RCI jams 7 nights of activities into 3 and 4 night cruises. I often tell folks if they hiccup and miss something they will have to book another cruise ;)

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know if there are waivers that need to be signed for the rock climbing and trampoline? Last cruise (different ship) we had to sign them ahead of time. I don't seem them in the cruise planner this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know if there are waivers that need to be signed for the rock climbing and trampoline? Last cruise (different ship) we had to sign them ahead of time. I don't seem them in the cruise planner this time.

Yes, waivers need to be signed. Enchantment may not have waivers available pre-cruise.

Doing research on Nassau was mentioned.

We find it is important to book an excursion in Nassau rather than wander around.

The British Colonial Hilton is within walking distance and offers a day pass.

Cable Beach has several resorts with day passes.

The Blue Lagoon is very nice.

There are many short excursions also such as Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.

See the Bahamas forums for suggestions and reviews.

We book Deck 4 right near the doors to the R Bar. Love it there. Very quiet and perfect location for an oceanview. Walk out the gorgeous edged glass doors and you are in the Centrum. We never hear any noise at all. Cabins are the same size as a Deck 9 cabin on Majesty. So for an Oceanview cabin, Deck 4 cat G's are the way to go.

We did Vision on Deck 3 and I would never do it again. One-we were below the WJ and it was so noisy we go zero sleep. Two - I felt like I was in a cave. Will never go below Deck 4 again.

On Majesty we do Deck 8 or 9, but on Enchantment, Deck 4 works great.

I was looking at the thread of some great pictures of Vision Of The Seas and especially of the OV Cabin. I am assuming that Enchantment is pretty much the same look correct??????

We are in a OV on the 3rd deck and some friends of ours (Two Single Ladies) who will be cruising for the very first time are sharing an OV a few doors down from us. On Enchantment (Vision Class) will we hear much noise above us on this deck??? We will be mid ship...do you feel much movement on that deck??? On other ships we are usually on the 9th deck hump.

Most of the Enchantment reviews I see are for the four day cruise, so on the 3 day cruise do they have The 70's Party, Quest, and Love and Marraige Game Show?

Is there a special menu on Formal night??? I know that lobster is only served on the longer cruises.

Will 1st time cruisers enjoy this ship for a 1st cruise????

Enchantment is a wonderful ship. I love her and can't wait to visit her again. I was on the 4th deck forward and it was loud when the anchor was dropping on port days. So if you are forward i would guess that 3rd deck would be just as loud when docking. JMO not unbearable but something to take note of if you like to sleep in. lol BUT not to worry you and your friends will love her and EOS was my 1st cruise and was the start to a wonderful addiction.:D

Enchantment is a wonderful ship. I love her and can't wait to visit her again. I was on the 4th deck forward and it was loud when the anchor was dropping on port days. So if you are forward i would guess that 3rd deck would be just as loud when docking. JMO not unbearable but something to take note of if you like to sleep in. lol BUT not to worry you and your friends will love her and EOS was my 1st cruise and was the start to a wonderful addiction.:D

The anchor only drops at Coco Cay, right?