Drink Package Spreadsheet

I think you are slightly missing what I am saying.

The spreadsheet currently says that I should get the UBP, based on what I generally consume on a 7 day cruise. It also says that I will save over $100 if I get the C&C package.

As it is, I have never got within £50 of the cost of the UBP (before the increase) and also never spent as much as the C&C package would cost me.

The reason is that, rather than spending about $9 a glass on wine, I buy bottles for $24.50 and I get 6 beers for the cost of 5.

I don't think there is any easy way of you incorporating that into your spreadsheet, so I mentioned it as something of a warning if beer and wine drinkers are looking at it to decide whether to get the UBP or C&C. The actual cost can be a lot less than the per glass price, especially for wine.

That's not to take anything away from the spreadsheet, which is really useful.

I got what you were saying. Are all bottles of wine $24.50? I will look at Gambee's menu and incorporate bottle prices into the spreadsheet. Also Beer Buckets do not include drafts. However my point was that there would be a point that getting the Cork, Corkscrew and Beer program would start to save you money over buying bottles and buckets.

You remember the price? Someone else noticed that there is no Bloody Mary either...

About 30 dollars per bottle. It's also mentioned in my previous post.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

The spreadsheet works well in principal. But finding a few mistakes that I missed in my hurry to upload it last night, including the formula for the kids soda package version 1.1 should be uploaded sometime tonight.

It does work well. I was having trouble because I sometimes drink things like Bloody Mary, Vodka & cranberry, Captain & Coke, etc. None of those are listed, so I just had to mark other things. That's obviously not a problem, since it's all guesswork anyway.

Also not to be nitpicky, since I know this is a work in progress, but there are a lot of misspellings on the drinks. I noticed them mostly on the wines. Sorry, but I thought you might want to know moving forward to other versions.

Maybe put a couple of radio button/toggles in.

"I buy beer buckets" which if checked will reduce the price of beer in the comparison by XX%

and

"I buy wine package" which if checked will reduce the price of wine in the comparison by ZZ%.

Prob better that way than having multiple entries for the same drink.

Not 100% accurate but pretty indicative.

Maybe put a couple of radio button/toggles in.

"I buy beer buckets" which if checked will reduce the price of beer in the comparison by XX%

and

"I buy wine package" which if checked will reduce the price of wine in the comparison by ZZ%.

Prob better that way than having multiple entries for the same drink.

Not 100% accurate but pretty indicative.

Version 1.2 Will have Beer buckets and the prices of wines at the bottom and then use that to determine if the packages are worth it. Depending on how buy I am will have that uploaded tonight.

It does work well. I was having trouble because I sometimes drink things like Bloody Mary, Vodka & cranberry, Captain & Coke, etc. None of those are listed, so I just had to mark other things. That's obviously not a problem, since it's all guesswork anyway.

Also not to be nitpicky, since I know this is a work in progress, but there are a lot of misspellings on the drinks. I noticed them mostly on the wines. Sorry, but I thought you might want to know moving forward to other versions.

My strategy was to hand write each name and price then put them on the sheet so misspellings don't surprise me. That and some of Gambee's photos were kind of fuzzy! I hope to have a close to "final" version of this published by Monday.

Version 1.0. Knocked it out in a few hours tonight. It's not password protected so people can make tweaks. If you find any mistakes or have suggestions let me know. Hopefully its self-explanatory.

WOW! Fantastic.

Just curious...and forgive me if this sounds incredibly stupid...but how would you suggest I price out a basic drink with vodka/water or vodka/tonic? Or Jack/coke?

WOW! Fantastic.

Just curious...and forgive me if this sounds incredibly stupid...but how would you suggest I price out a basic drink with vodka/water or vodka/tonic? Or Jack/coke?

I'll take a stab since nobody more qualified has stepped in yet. It's my understanding that your basic well drinks are at the $6-$6.50 price point. A jack and Coke implies the premium spirt Jack Daniels so I assume that would be higher vs Burbon and Coke, but I haven't seen anything that states how much higher.

If anybody has better information feel free to jump in an correct me (or confirm).

Edited by rogue 35

When using the ubp the price of a drink needs to 9.50 max, which is most drinks, but can you still order drink specials from bars?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ALS1214

When using the ubp the price of a drink needs to 9.50 max, which is most drinks, but can you still order drink specials from bars?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As long as its one drink at a time and the price is under $10. Most drink specials are aimed at people not on the UBP as they are usually selling a certain drink for a certain percent off or a 2 for 1, which you can't get on the UBP (i.e. if they have a certain drink 2 for one they won't give you 2 if you order one).