Drink Package Spreadsheet

Version 1.0. Knocked it out in a few hours tonight. It's not password protected so people can make tweaks. If you find any mistakes or have suggestions let me know. Hopefully its self-explanatory.

Awesome!

There's a section in your spreadsheet "SODA with UDP".

Does that mean if you buy the UDP, is soda included? Or does it mean something else?

Awesome!

Does that mean if you buy the UDP, is soda included? Or does it mean something else?

Soda and non fresh squeezed juices are included. And thanks OP, I see drinks on here i haven't thought to order in a while

Woo woooooooooo

:)

Edited by iimmie

Very good.

I've just got a couple of observations.

With regard to beer & wine, the spreadsheet should be used with some caution. We drink primarily beer and wine, and we have never spent as much as the UBP (or C&C) would cost because of wine packages and beer buckets. If I enter what we would usually drink on your spreadsheet then it suggests we would make a good saving, but in fact it does cost a lot more than we spend. I'm not sure how you can deal with this, but it's worth pointing out.

Finally, I'm not sure the spreadsheet is correctly taking into account kids in the room if you are buying the UBP. They have to buy a Soda package whether they want one or not, but your spreadsheet does't seem to take that into account.

It's a useful document though.

The Cruise Critic NCL UDP Challenge is now officially live. It involves going thru the spreadsheet in that sequence, taking a photo of all 102 drinks from Acapulo to Grolsch bottle beer (or whatever the list is at the time you sail).

You then need to create a new thread when you get back, and include all the photos with the name of each one, and marks out of ten for each drink.

You must not let NCL know that you are participating in the Challenge. Doing so will render you entry null and void.

I thought they had Moscato wine? Does anyone know?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but when doing a search on the Epic wine list (myNCL) I found only "Lindemans Bin 90 Moscato", a wine from Australia, $29.90.

Edited by WouterC

The Cruise Critic NCL UDP Challenge is now officially live. It involves going thru the spreadsheet in that sequence, taking a photo of all 102 drinks from Acapulo to Grolsch bottle beer (or whatever the list is at the time you sail).

You then need to create a new thread when you get back, and include all the photos with the name of each one, and marks out of ten for each drink.

You must not let NCL know that you are participating in the Challenge. Doing so will render you entry null and void.

Wasn't even considering the package until I read your challenge

I do love me a good drinking game... And this one could get interesting....

102 drinks , 7 days ....I gotta put my undergrad young college co- ed pants back on and get to work... Well, once I,m on Getaway. This won't embarrass the kids or anything.

I,m in!

Nora

Awesome!

That was a typo. The UDP on the spreadsheets were meant to be UBP. I have it fixed for the next version. I will also have the cells freeze so the days stay visible on the top. Have a few other formatting changes including adding instructions! What I uploaded I did in about 3 hours so its not totally "finished" sorry for the confusion!

Very good.

I've just got a couple of observations.

With regard to beer & wine, the spreadsheet should be used with some caution. We drink primarily beer and wine, and we have never spent as much as the UBP (or C&C) would cost because of wine packages and beer buckets. If I enter what we would usually drink on your spreadsheet then it suggests we would make a good saving, but in fact it does cost a lot more than we spend. I'm not sure how you can deal with this, but it's worth pointing out.

Finally, I'm not sure the spreadsheet is correctly taking into account kids in the room if you are buying the UBP. They have to buy a Soda package whether they want one or not, but your spreadsheet does't seem to take that into account.

It's a useful document though.

On Your first observation. The spreadsheet is only set up to calculate costs on a per drink basis. Not sure how much buckets of beer cost of bottle wine packages but IF my spreadsheet suggests that the corkscrew and caps program for you, it should be correct.

On your second observation the line "SODA WITH UDP" (which should read UBP) calculates the cost of soda packages for people 13-20 ONLY, the SODA line calculates it for everyone over the age of 13 and the KIDS SODA calculates the package for under 12 so if you put in the number of sodas that they drink that should be taken into account. This is version 1 and I will be posting a updated version that cleans up things later.

On Your first observation. The spreadsheet is only set up to calculate costs on a per drink basis. Not sure how much buckets of beer cost of bottle wine packages but IF my spreadsheet suggests that the corkscrew and caps program for you, it should be correct.

I think you are slightly missing what I am saying.

The spreadsheet currently says that I should get the UBP, based on what I generally consume on a 7 day cruise. It also says that I will save over $100 if I get the C&C package.

As it is, I have never got within £50 of the cost of the UBP (before the increase) and also never spent as much as the C&C package would cost me.

The reason is that, rather than spending about $9 a glass on wine, I buy bottles for $24.50 and I get 6 beers for the cost of 5.

I don't think there is any easy way of you incorporating that into your spreadsheet, so I mentioned it as something of a warning if beer and wine drinkers are looking at it to decide whether to get the UBP or C&C. The actual cost can be a lot less than the per glass price, especially for wine.

That's not to take anything away from the spreadsheet, which is really useful.

I get the feeling it will start today and end at a "Friends of Bill W" meeting.

See you there John. You'll recognise me.......on the evening of day two before dinner, I'll be carrying number 15 and number 16 and balancing a bowl of peanuts on my shoulder. :)

I will be selling this spreadsheet printed on rum runner flasks for those who want to track how much they are saving. Any profits I make will be used to pay for my next UBP purchase. Thanks for your support.

runner_zps9df6daf9.jpg

I purchased the UBP on my last cruise (4/23 9 days) and feel that we came out way ahead. At dinner alone we consumed 4 glasses of wine each and that bill was over $80.

Does anyone have info on the wine package?

I purchased the UBP on my last cruise (4/23 9 days) and feel that we came out way ahead. At dinner alone we consumed 4 glasses of wine each and that bill was over $80.

Does anyone have info on the wine package?

How long was Dinner???? If I put down 4 glasses of wine in an hour I'm pretty sure I'd look like David Hasselhoff eating a hamburger of the floor and speaking gibberish :D

Seriously though, when you say you "feel that we came out way ahead" did you actually add up the value of drinks consumed or is this just based on your general impression.

I ask because I still can't figure out how I could make out with the package. I don't drink wine or martinis so most drink princes range from $5.50 ish for a beer to $8 for most mixed drinks. By my math that is like 8-10 drinks per day just to reach breakeven and that's for every day.

I realize this isn't realistic but I thought it was a fun observation. For my upcomming 7 day cruise with the family (2 adults, 3 kids) if we got the pre-paid beverage package and only drank draft beers, we would need to consume 154.52 draft beers to breakeven.:eek::eek:

As Barney Stinson would say:

"Challenge ACCEPTED"

I realize this isn't realistic but I thought it was a fun observation. For my upcomming 7 day cruise with the family (2 adults, 3 kids) if we got the pre-paid beverage package and only drank draft beers, we would need to consume 154.52 draft beers to breakeven.:eek:

Each?