Fort Lauderdale Transfers to POM

duegwb

Just used QLS for the 2nd consecutive year (repositioning cruises from San Juan to Miami flying home from FLL).

This year, we had a very large roll call so someone contacted them and arranged a group rate.

On time and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

I was the one that set up the group for the Splendor group NCTribeFan. Karina was wonderful to deal with and very helpful with setting up such a large group. I would say most of the cruisers flying home from Fort Lauderdale used them. So far I have received nothing but praise and thanks for setting up the transportation. Everyone says that QLS was prompt, professional and very organized.

I would definately recommend them for groups or just cruisers needing transportation between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. I will definately use them again.

Actually, it's probably because Jiffyjeff asks folks to give their opinion here at Cruise Critic or on other travel websites. Some folks may have not had an account here. It is that simple. The shuttle operated by Jiffyjeff are new, clean and come when you call. I have used them to get from Ft Lauderdale to Port of Miami and back, 2 years in a row now, and am pleased with the service. Reliable and good prices.

BTW, I have been here for awhile. :)

Don't know why some are skeptical, but I, too, used Jiffy Jeff last year for transport from FLL to POM and will book them again for my cruise in January. And I am hardly a one time poster. :rolleyes:

You are not a one time poster, but lots of other positive Jiffy Jeff reviews come from "one and done" posters who never again post anything; maybe it is because I live and work in the DC area, but suspicion is part of me. Thanks for the positve reviews.

Has anyone used a shuttle service that picks up between 8-10 am in FLL and transports to POM?

I'm getting frustrated trying to locate a shuttle service that doesn't limit their pick up times to an "exception" pick up at 7am it after 11am!! All the reliable highly recommended ones are booking after 11am. We had hoped to use Jiffy Jeff but my dh is not a fan of leaving FLL at 7am. The last time we cruised out of Miami they didn't even let us inside the building until 10:am. The other shuttle we've used in the past was MJS and they don't pick up until 12noon.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Has anyone used a shuttle service that picks up between 8-10 am in FLL and transports to POM?

I'm getting frustrated trying to locate a shuttle service that doesn't limit their pick up times to an "exception" pick up at 7am it after 11am!! All the reliable highly recommended ones are booking after 11am. We had hoped to use Jiffy Jeff but my dh is not a fan of leaving FLL at 7am. The last time we cruised out of Miami they didn't even let us inside the building until 10:am. The other shuttle we've used in the past was MJS and they don't pick up until 12noon.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I don't know of any that begin their pick ups that early. The likely reason is they are picking up guests just arriving back from their cruise and need to transport them first, before beginning pickup of guests going TO the cruise port. If you find one, please let us know.

Any ideas? Thanks!

QLS will pick up from FLL to POM at 9am if you are a party of 4 or more, otherwise their earliest pick-up is at 10am.

We had 5 in our group so QLS arrived at our FLL hotel right at 9am. We were at the port of Miami by 9:40 and some of the very first to enter the port when the doors opened at 10. I would use them again.... very professional, easy to work with and prompt.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

I don't know of any that begin their pick ups that early. The likely reason is they are picking up guests just arriving back from their cruise and need to transport them first, before beginning pickup of guests going TO the cruise port. If you find one, please let us know.

I'm happy to say we finally figured it out and Jiffy Jeff has agreed to pick us up between port and airport runs. We don't need an exact time as we are more than happy to be ready by the time given and to wait for the call to let us know he's on his way.

I can totally appreciate why shuttle services would want to maximize their profits by quick drop offs from the port to the airport. However given that many of the hotels in FLL are a short distance from the airport it makes good business sense to return back to the POM with a full van if possible.

We had used Jeff in the past and are happy that we could work this out. There's a lot to be said about returning customers. Our other option was QLS who did agree to pick us up when we had asked but warned that they would be making many stops along the way as there are only 4 in our group (at this point).

Now if only I could fast forward through the upcoming winter and make it spring I'd be thrilled.

:confused:Does anyone have current contact info for Jiffy Jeff? I used the web link listed earlier in this thread but when I go to that site it is telling me that Jiffy Jeff is no longer on the site. Thanks

Try the link again. I know they had some issues with the site yesterday. I had referred someone to them yesterday who had similar issues but it was fine today :)

We used MJS last year and were very pleased. They were very prompt & overall provided a great service. Brand new Mercedes vans . Last year's price was $13pp each way plus our tip to the driver. Call Michael at 305 336 1318.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wrote this down for future use. We used SAS and NEVER AGAIN. First of all had people in the van waiting over an hour to fill the van in the airport, even with a reservation. What was worse than that was our return trip which was pre- arranged with Steve from SAS with email confirmation saying pick up at the Port of Mismi and drop off at Port Everglades. We were doing multiple cruises and had to go from fll to POM. For the first 2 b2b cruises then back up to Port Everglades for our HAL cruise. Not on,y did he lie to us about this pick up, he left us stranded at the curb at POM. His driver said NO, and he told us to call Steve. We did and he admitted to is he lied to us and does not go to Port Everglades.... But I had a email copy of the letter from him stating the dates and pricing confirming this transaction. he then hung up on us and told his driver not to take us. We then called him again which he ignored and let go to voicemail.

I had luckily reserved a car from Alamo just in case his van never showed up... And we used that. Actually saved money renting the car which was only $26 as compared to SAS $30 plus tip! We were lucky to get such a low rAte otherwise we would have been at the mercy of a cab....

Again, I would never use SAS due to complete unprofessional actions of not providing service to which was confirmed. BTW, no one in the van from fll to POM. Would ever use SAS again either, due to such a long wait time in the shuttle until they departed to go to POM.

We had a similar experience with Mr. Steve a couple of years ago-- driver was late (we had a scheduled time)-- had to call him twice-- told me the driver was " right down the street."

We finally took a cab-- called Steve from the cab and he yelled at me and hung up because we didn't wait for his driver. Wasn't just a few minutes either.

He probably does a great job for 95% of his customers.....sucks to be part of the other 5% though.

Sent from my iPad

Jiffy Jeff has always been on time for me everytw me I use him. He responds to emails immediately. There is a four person minimum to get the 15.00 fare but just plan flights when you know there will be other passengers. I have also rented a car when we had a lot of time to spend in FLL before our flight. Not bad rates at all.

Will any of these shuttle services make a stop on the way to POM? I would like to Waite and buy my wine and pop when we arrive in Florida. We are flying in from Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It depends upon the driver and the rest of the passengers.

Was having hard time finding service to take us from gallery doubletree to Pom. And then Pom to best western plus I'm Damiani beach when we return. Found Howard's transportation. Has anybody used them before?

I do not recall seeing Howard's suggested on this board. :confused: You might look at one-way car rentals instead of shuttles. ;)

Will any of these shuttle services make a stop on the way to POM? I would like to Waite and buy my wine and pop when we arrive in Florida. We are flying in from Canada.

If you are the only party, then an offer of $ for added time should do it. ;) However if others are anxious to get to their destination, they can veto the stop. As can the driver if he is on a tight schedule.