RCCL Customer Service! Unable to see Payment History/Bal Due/Make A Payment online!

I am soooooooo put out! UGGGG. :mad:

I have been on the phone for over an hour with first, the Royal Caribbean Sales Dept (Chris) & then the Royal Caribbean Specialty Dept (Kevin), only to hear: "I'm sorry, I don't know what is wrong or how to correct the problem, you'll just have to call in to make your payments." SERIOUSLY? Thats customer service????

Let me explain..... I have five reservations booked..all thru the sales dept - over the phone. The first three, I can see my payment history, balance due & make a payment options online. The last two, I cannot.

I have claimed ownershhip of all my reservations (Kevin thinks I must have not done it correct when I claimed these reservations) REALLY?

These two sailings are B2B sailings in Early 2016. (Kevin thought that might have been it for a while, B2B's & too far out to see that info) REALLY?

I made these reservations in Feb 2014.... but called back in early May to take advantage of the BOGOHO offer they have going. (Kevin thinks this might have been an issue) REALLY?

Chris told me they have been having IT issues the last few days & maybe that was it...I told him "nope...my issue has been this way for weeks." :rolleyes:

I finally gave up as they had no answers (none that would hold up anyway)......... I have now written an email to customer service..... wonder how long a response will take? :eek:

Shaking my head - side to side. What a bunch of BOZO's!

I always book my cruises via the phone & make my payments via the phone. I just want to be able to "see" the balance due, payment history, etc online on these two reservations (just like the other three I have booked).... is THAT too much to ask? :confused:

RANT OVER ...... Thanks for letting me VENT!

Unfortunately, your post is #4 on just the first page of this forum about web site and/or customer service issues lately. Other than that, I can only hope you and everyone else gets their problems resolved soon although I'm skeptical that will happen. Your rant is totally understood. :(

Edited by joepeka

SRV Fan - Worst case (and not the solution you're looking for), you might call and have them e-mail you a so-called Guest confirmation, which should show OBC and payments? ken

Thanks Ken, but I DO have that. It was sent to me immediatly after changing the prices in May. I know the balance, but would just like to "see" it online & not have to pull out the printed hard copy anytime I need to refer to it..... It is what it is...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am soooooooo put out! UGGGG. :mad:

I have been on the phone for over an hour with first, the Royal Caribbean Sales Dept (Chris) & then the Royal Caribbean Specialty Dept (Kevin), only to hear: "I'm sorry, I don't know what is wrong or how to correct the problem, you'll just have to call in to make your payments." SERIOUSLY? Thats customer service????

Let me explain..... I have five reservations booked..all thru the sales dept - over the phone. The first three, I can see my payment history, balance due & make a payment options online. The last two, I cannot.

I have claimed ownershhip of all my reservations (Kevin thinks I must have not done it correct when I claimed these reservations) REALLY?

These two sailings are B2B sailings in Early 2016. (Kevin thought that might have been it for a while, B2B's & too far out to see that info) REALLY?

I made these reservations in Feb 2014.... but called back in early May to take advantage of the BOGOHO offer they have going. (Kevin thinks this might have been an issue) REALLY?

Chris told me they have been having IT issues the last few days & maybe that was it...I told him "nope...my issue has been this way for weeks." :rolleyes:

I finally gave up as they had no answers (none that would hold up anyway)......... I have now written an email to customer service..... wonder how long a response will take? :eek:

Shaking my head - side to side. What a bunch of BOZO's!

I always book my cruises via the phone & make my payments via the phone. I just want to be able to "see" the balance due, payment history, etc online on these two reservations (just like the other three I have booked).... is THAT too much to ask? :confused:

RANT OVER ...... Thanks for letting me VENT!

I had this exact same situation happen to me for our B2B last December. despite numerous calls and escalations they never were able to get it resolved. All of our other reservations were fine. One of the many, many quirks, kinks and frustrations of Royals website.

So it's not just my booking that can't be viewed then, I had the same issue plus my remaining balance had gone up by £280 which they could not explain just a glitch they would sort out in the next few days!!!!

OP, this happened to me also. Once RC unlinked the cruises so they weren't listed at b2b, I was able to see the payment info and make a payment online. It took several calls but luckily the rep that adjusted the price for the BOGOHO knew how to do it. The suggestion is to link the cruises after you've made all payments and just before the cruise. Hope this helps!

You're on a B2B? If they cruises are linked that is WHY you can't do anything, and they SHOULD know that...

Either have them unlinked for a while, or just call in

Any time B2Bs are linked, all your options pretty much go away...yes, it sucks, and yes, it's their crappy IT department.

Call and get the B2B desk to unlink them...then you can get it relinked, though not sure if it can be done after final payment

Incidentally this issue has been around for years, and the SEARCH function on this board likely would have gotten you the answer....sorry you're put out, but you're going on a B2B.......something many will never do..

Edited by megr1125

Wow. DO you feel big insulting people that tried to find an answer? In fact one of Kevin's answers IS correct. It is because they are B2B and tagged as such in the system. When they are tagged as B2B you cannot see balances or make payments online. Call and ask that they be untagged.

People like the OP make me so sad for our society. You insult the people that spend their day trying to help. Did they get you the answer? No, but they tried. But that's ok. I bet it felt really good to attack them online. :rolleyes:

The question is already answered.

But let me quote a response I got from RCCL some time ago:

Due to system limitations with Consecutive Cruises, guests are unable to make payments or modify their reservations online. We ask that you please call us directly at 1-800-327-6700 for any assistance you may need with your reservations. One of our representatives will be happy to assist you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Edited by AntiCat

For years, every payment we make on a cruise , we get an email showing that and any balance left, no reason to not know the balance and what's been paid, even on b2b's

The online system is just slow to inept, its only as good as the people in charge of it:p

Edited by setsail

OP, this happened to me also. Once RC unlinked the cruises so they weren't listed at b2b, I was able to see the payment info and make a payment online. It took several calls but luckily the rep that adjusted the price for the BOGOHO knew how to do it. The suggestion is to link the cruises after you've made all payments and just before the cruise. Hope this helps!

Ahhh ! Makes sense. As it was there before I called for the BOGOHO sale.... That's when the rep linked them! I will call back.... Next weekend. Thanks!!!

Wow. DO you feel big insulting people that tried to find an answer? In fact one of Kevin's answers IS correct. It is because they are B2B and tagged as such in the system. When they are tagged as B2B you cannot see balances or make payments online. Call and ask that they be untagged.

People like the OP make me so sad for our society. You insult the people that spend their day trying to help. Did they get you the answer? No, but they tried. But that's ok. I bet it felt really good to attack them online. :rolleyes:

Wow! I bet YOU feel better now after attacking ME! Man o man.....

Great to know but it would be nice that all their reps knew about this and that it was an easy fix.

Yes! And they SHOULD! That IS what they get paid to do afterall.....

Same issue for us, just spoke to Ruby at C&A about a booking like yours

Not showing on payment tab or as usual on summary page

She confirmed they can see it and told us to check back In a day or 2

Hopefully you will get to see it soon as will we.

The glitches seem to be more a database issue and CC issue,,

Hopefully IT can fix the issues quickly

Happy Days!

Wow! I bet YOU feel better now after attacking ME! Man o man.....

Nothing in what I said was an attack. Attacking customer service reps (calling them bozos) is base and exposes your character. Honestly, you owe them an apology. It is one thing to be frustrated that they couldn't answer your question or solve your issue (I am sure I would be, too) it is quite another to name call and insult. Particularly over something so small as not being able to see a balance online when you can easily see it on an email.

Same issue for us, just spoke to Ruby at C&A about a booking like yours

Not showing on payment tab or as usual on summary page

She confirmed they can see it and told us to check back In a day or 2

Hopefully you will get to see it soon as will we.

The glitches seem to be more a database issue and CC issue,,

Hopefully IT can fix the issues quickly

Happy Days!

Thanks! I will try again next week!