Roll on Cooler

direfun2000

What a bunch of, what the Brits would call, bloody cruise snobs.

What right do you "critics" have to dictate what type of roll on luggage people bring on board. Nowhere is there anything in Princess literature that restricts passengers to certain types of luggage or what they can use to carry their possessions onboard.

God help us if you bring a plastic shopping bag on at a port of call...now that's tacky unless of course, you have a ritzy name on it like Dolce Gabbana, Harrod's or something that you only you can pronounce.

Quit trying to impose your standards on others and stick to jeans in the dining room (oops sorry Tink!!!), rugrats out of control, or children's feces in the swimming pool.

May the great sea tern of happiness dump in your snotty little serving of caviar.

Ciao for now!!!

What a bunch of, what the Brits would call, bloody cruise snobs.

What right do you "critics" have to dictate what type of roll on luggage people bring on board. Nowhere is there anything in Princess literature that restricts passengers to certain types of luggage or what they can use to carry their possessions onboard.

God help us if you bring a plastic shopping bag on at a port of call...now that's tacky unless of course, you have a ritzy name on it like Dolce Gabbana, Harrod's or something that you only you can pronounce.

Quit trying to impose your standards on others

Well said! Bravo!!

Hi Nancy

Just to clarify, this would be for in-cabin consumption only.

I still plan to buy my drinks pool side like everyone else.:)

Oh. That's too bad - I was hoping you'd just sell me drinks from your cooler at pool-side and undercut the Princess prices {:-)

Just kidding folks... JUST kidding!

Good one Phaelon. Glad you added that it was a joke otherwise they would have been on you like white on rice!;)

I've heard "like white on rice" all my life and have never understood it. Can anyone enlighten me?

No.... not racist. Just means that something is so glued to or has become part of somethgin in such a way that they have become inseparable - can't tell where one begins and the other ends (in a sense. Like "white on rice".

Or "like direfun2000 and a roll-on cooler". But "white on rice" has a betetr ring to it.

I've heard "like white on rice" all my life and have never understood it. Can anyone enlighten me?

Another expression meaning the same thing is "like stink on ...er.....uh.....poop.":o :p

Back to the original topic ........ I can't see any problem whatsoever with someone bringing on a rolling cooler because that's a convenient way to travel. The problem would come if the person were rolling it all over the ship and pulling out a beverage whenever they felt like one ----- that's what has everyone up in arms, and I'm sorry, it would be pretty tacky.

To answer the original question, We have used our rolling collapsable cooler several times when cruising and it works great. In fact we have loaned it out to friends many times who are going on a cruise, and everyone has loved it. We have not had a problem in rolling it on board, and no it does not look tacky. We use it because we carry wine and bottled water on board and it fits those items very nicely in it and gives them some protection and padding. Once we get to our room, we fold up the cooler and stick it under the bed.

Ignore the narrow minded old farts who are giving you a hard time and go have a good time!

For some reason my choice of wording was wrong when I said "roll on cooler". It is not a hard sided type that you take to picnics.

People seem to be under the impression that I would roll it up to the pool at noon and dole out bologna sandwiches for ourselves!:eek:

And yes Phaelon, I'd be happy to sell you one too. LOL

For some reason my choice of wording was wrong when I said "roll on cooler". It is not a hard sided type that you take to picnics.

People seem to be under the impression that I would roll it up to the pool at noon and dole out bologna sandwiches for ourselves!:eek:

Even if was the type of cooler that is taken to picnics... why do people care??

What difference does the appearance of YOUR personal cooler, which is going to be in YOUR cabin the whole time, matter to people??? :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

So, it has been established that it is acceptable to bring a rolling cooler as long as a) it looks like luggage and b) I hide it in my cabin.

Are there any other tricky rules I need to know so I can bring my beer of choice (which Princess does not carry) and enjoy it on my private balcony and not be taken out and stoned in the town square later by the cruising police?:rolleyes:

Sorry, you will not like my answer to this post, but it is people taking 'coolers' on a cruise that end up making it hard on all of us. Enough pasengers do that and poof, no more anything allowed on board. Just not something that should be taken on a cruise, IMHO! It is a cruise, not a picnic!

To me, if you have to take a cooler full of drinks with you on a ship, then you really can't afford to cruise.

I agree with you Toto – I know this will categorize me as a Princess "snob" but when did cruising become camping? Considering that cruise is supposed to be a upper-end type of vacation (or at least it used to be) I wonder how many people would roll their own cooler into a upper-end type of hotel?

My personal opinion is that if I wanted to go camping with people dragging around “coolers” – which is the original description of the vessel from the original poster, later clarified to be luggage-like – then I would go camping. I’m going on a cruise vacation in what is supposed to be a relatively sophisticated atmosphere. I’m not the one who is in the wrong place because I think bringing a cooler onboard is inappropriate – I would attribute that to those who think this is a low-end vacation.

Should everyone do what they need to do and be who they need to be? Sure, I’m all for that. But do and be in the appropriate place.

Are there any other tricky rules I need to know so I can bring my beer of choice (which Princess does not carry) and enjoy it on my private balcony and not be taken out and stoned in the town square later by the cruising police
According to the Princess alcohol policy, wine and champagne are allowed to be brought on board, beer isn’t – so you do risk the Princess Security overriding your carry-on even before the cruising police can pick up their stones.

I have a question, not that I am taking toddlers with me on a cruise though. I have seen several posts about "diapers in the pool". Are you guys talking about regular diapers or the swimmy diapers? Just curious as the water park here in Atlanta allows babies/toddlers to be in the pool with the swimmy diapers as they are water proof and snug on them...enough so that it prevents ecoli. They are usually bright colored and fit snuggly on the children. I see nothing wrong with the swimmy diapers, regular ones are a different story.

Archived