Freestyle Coke machine

Hi! I each bought my DDs a freestyle cup. Can they be served a soda at the bar with it or just selfserve at the machine? Thanks for the info!

You can get soda at any bar and at dinner......they just need to show them their card.

Just want to specify that I didn't buy a package (20$/day) I just bought the cup at about 8$/day

Sounds like you bought the Refreshment package, which is soda only. Should be $7.48 per day including gratuity for age 18 and over.

They can get a soft drink from any machine or bar as clarea pointed out. If they get a drink in one of the dining rooms or a bar they will probably need to show their card also to make sure they are not trying to cheat and split a package between a couple of people.

The choices away from the Freestyle machine will be limited to whatever flavors they have on the gun at the bar.

Sounds like you bought the Refreshment package, which is soda only. Should be $7.48 per day including gratuity for age 18 and over.

Yes! That is what I bought! Thank you for the info! Sometime, the Cole machine can be far on the Oasis... :)

I hadn't heard of this until I came across this thread even though I purchased the soda package (my partner drinks a ridiculous amount of fizzy juice!)

From a quick google it said they were rolling them out from 2012 at a rate of one or two a month, does that mean they are all ships now? Does anyone know if it's on Legend of the Seas?

I hadn't heard of this until I came across this thread even though I purchased the soda package (my partner drinks a ridiculous amount of fizzy juice!)

From a quick google it said they were rolling them out from 2012 at a rate of one or two a month, does that mean they are all ships now? Does anyone know if it's on Legend of the Seas?

Not on Legend.

Only on: Explorer, Grandeur, Freedom, Enchantment, Oasis, Allure, Majesty, Jewel.

We're going to get a drink pkg on Freedom. Do we have to carry the cup for the machine or do they have disposables there?

My understanding is that if you want to use the Freestyle machine, you have to use the provided cup, as it has a computer chip in it that makes the machine work. If you don't want to use the souvenir cup, you'll need to get a soda from the bar. (I haven't actually tried it on RCCL yet, but that's what I was told)

Janis

My understanding is that if you want to use the Freestyle machine, you have to use the provided cup, as it has a computer chip in it that makes the machine work. If you don't want to use the souvenir cup, you'll need to get a soda from the bar. (I haven't actually tried it on RCCL yet, but that's what I was told)

Janis

Correct. The chip seems to be set with 2 week intervals.

The Coke cup can be used at any bar, some will ask to double check your SeaPass card.

Janis

That's correct, and the difference is over one hundred flavors from the machine vs. about 6 from the bar or restaurant.

Edited by clarea

How long are the lines for the freestyle machines (going on the Allure)?

When we sailed last July the busiest were the ones in the windjammer.

We had no trouble and minimal wait by Sorentos pizza.

There was another one I think by the food venue by the ping pong tables and basketball court, but, did not use that one.

Sea Ya

I want to also say I was with a party if 20 on Enchantment over the weekend and one of them got a soda from freestyle machine, grabbed food out of windjammer, then tried to grab a refill before coming back to the pool deck. The machine told him he had "x" minutes before his next drink. So you may want to find out how many minutes you have to wait in between soda refills with the machine.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Note that the bars will only have a few flavor choices as opposed to over 100 from the Freestyle machine.

On Allure there are (stopping to count) 7 machines. With that many lines are not common. On boarding day the ones near Sorrentos where you board can be long. ( I think the first day you might find some more lines as people figure out how to use them and get use to the RFID tags that enable the machine.

Just for fun, I'll relate a story about one guy I stood behind on Allure back in 2013. He put his cup up and the machine said, "refills not available for 2 minutes 30 seconds" If you didn't know, if you fill up a cup, you can't get a refill for 15 minutes I believe. I thought with 2 and half minutes he would step aside and let me fill, but he didn't He kept checking it every 5-10 seconds until it allowed him to refill. On land I would have probably said something, but I'm Mr Happy on a cruise and I was curious to see if he would show common sense. (Hey it's one way I entertain myself.) In this case the line was about 2 and half minutes long ;)

I was also testing to see if my telepathic powers had turned on yet, I kept thinking to him "Move out of the way" Either he ignored my mental impulses or they aren't working yet.

Edited by BillOh

Not on Legend.

Only on: Explorer, Grandeur, Freedom, Enchantment, Oasis, Allure, Majesty, Jewel.

I didn't realize it was so limited among the fleet, also thought just about every ship would have it by now. Is RCCL backing off the Freestyle option? I've read some complaints about not stocking enough cartridges on some sailings in some reviews.

If they keep showing the machines in advertising pax are going to be surprised not to see them on their sailing. They probably should list which ships have it when displaying the Freestyle machines in the package advertising.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I didn't realize it was so limited among the fleet, also thought just about every ship would have it by now. Is RCCL backing off the Freestyle option? I've read some complaints about not stocking enough cartridges on some sailings in some reviews.

If they keep showing the machines in advertising pax are going to be surprised not to see them on their sailing. They probably should list which ships have it when displaying the Freestyle machines in the package advertising.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

So far, they have limited the machines to those ships in the US year round. In fact, they should have installed one on Navigator since that is US based year round, but they have not got round to it yet.

...Just for fun, I'll relate a story about one guy I stood behind on Allure back in 2013. He put his cup up and the machine said, "refills not available for 2 minutes 30 seconds" If you didn't know, if you fill up a cup, you can't get a refill for 15 minutes I believe. I thought with 2 and half minutes he would step aside and let me fill, but he didn't He kept checking it every 5-10 seconds until it allowed him to refill. On land I would have probably said something, but I'm Mr Happy on a cruise and I was curious to see if he would show common sense. (Hey it's one way I entertain myself.) In this case the line was about 2 and half minutes long ;)...

Not surprising to me at all.:rolleyes: Sort of like the folks who don't understand that you should let people out of the elevator before you get in.

Not surprising to me at all.:rolleyes: Sort of like the folks who don't understand that you should let people out of the elevator before you get in.

Both good examples of people only thinking about themselves.

Hi all,

Would someone know the locations of the Freestyle machines on the Oasis (although I would imagine the Allure locations should be similar)?

I can't wait to try out the machines. :D

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Would someone know the locations of the Freestyle machines on the Oasis (although I would imagine the Allure locations should be similar)?

I can't wait to try out the machines. :D

Thanks in advance!

I don't know all of the places but there was one in the Wipe out Cafe near the sports deck which is convenient for getting drinks when hot and sweaty. HOWEVER, it was a little fustrating that they didn't leave the drink stations, Freestyle or even for water, open all the time, or at least when daytime and sports deck pax thirsty. It operated on same hours as open for food and that was a little limiting, IMHO.

Also, the two in the nearby buffet area (Windjammer) were sometimes closed at the same time so it was fustrating to try to hit up two machines and not get to use them.

I think it's preferable if those dripping with sweat could get hydrated at outside Wipeout cafe and NOT need to go into dining area or even crowd in at outdoor bar. Other paxs don't want to smell my boys when after they have played outside and the Freestyle powerade and flavored water and lemonade are preferred over getting soda from a bartender (and he'd rather deal with tipping customers).

Oh yeah, one was inside in the middle of the ship, main walkway, near pizza place.

It's been a couple years since I've been on Allure so maybe it's different now.