Packin' pills

Gybson

It's probably overkill but I put my pills in the pill organizer AND carry the bottles on board because I have to have them. If I miss a single day on some of these all heck breaks loose. Plus, you never know if something goes wrong. You could become ill or something happens that delays the ships return. Then you could be up the creek without a paddle! JMHO....

We put rubber bands around the a.m./p.m. pill organizers. Stops the compartments from opening. We then place the containers in a gallon zip-lock, along with printout from the pharmacy. We also carry an extra week's worth of pills with us at all times- just in case.

I have always wondered why they need to be in the original container. Neither of my prescriptions have a picture of the pill on the container. So I could have anything in that original container, so it seems no different than putting them in the pill organizer and carrying a copy of the prescription label. Both are pills in a container with a copy of the prescription label.

Sharon

I do the ziplock bag too. All mine are also supplements and Zyrtec OTC. My husband tries to tell people I carry a medicine chest but can't make him understand nothing is a script!! Lol in 20 cruises I have never had a issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be sure not to pack them in checked luggage. DW carries a lot of pills(vitamins & prescription) and we've been searched but never questioned about any small amount of different pills.(mostly because of her make-up bottles and jars) To be same put them in your carry on.

My father had to take about that many pills in a day on his last cruise and we took the bottles. It was a lot of space but if there were ever an emergency and someone needed to know the names and doses of everything he was taking and he was not able to tell them, we'd have been S.O.L. I would be cautious and maybe pack a bit more. :)

I've never been questioned either but it only takes once to make for a bad day IMHO. I know the OP just takes vitamins et al and in a plastic bag is ok as so many have said.

But if you are carrying a controlled substance and you are confronted, then you will need proof that said pills were prescribed for you and are from the United States and not Mexico!

Like I said, never been asked but they sure were interested in inspecting the wine I was bringing on. :eek:

Thanks everyone!

I think I'll just keep them in the ziploc. If they take it, I'm not going to die or anything; I reckon my energy just won't be where it should be. It'll be $40-$50 or so in pills gone, but whatever. It probably won't happen from the sounds of it. Definitely going into my carry on! :)

Not sure if it was mentioned or not. BUT

How about you line up your bottles say on the table

Place one pill from each bottle in front of the container it comes from.

Take a photo of your line up and pack it into on of your zip lock bags of pills.

Now you have what the pills look like, with the bottle they came in

with out the bulk :)

Just a thought for the Just in Case

Have a great cruise :)

For prescriptions I just peal the label off and stick it right to the zip lock bag.

Again less bulk.

Edited by Island Hopper58

How long is your cruise? Is it possible you could take a few days off from some of your supplements? A lot of the reading I have done on supplements suggested you should take a couple days off here and there. I take quite a few myself but when traveling for up to 7 days I pare it down a little. Less to squeeze into a daily organizer.

7 day cruise plus a day on each end. 9 days total away from home.

I could probably reduce dosage of a couple things, maybe, but it probably wouldn't make a huge difference as all the bottles are massive.