PCC Perks and Pinnacle grill

vtcman

Am I the only one who doesn't get offered a complimentary pinnacle grill dinner. I read about it a lot, but never see the offer. I am using a Personal cruise consultant this time vs. a travel agent. I am happy with the service, but like most people, enjoy an extra unadvertised perk. Thanks

We never got a free PG dinner from our PCC. Perhaps you are reading about free dinners folks got from a recent sale promotion -Explorer 4. Sometimes travel agents will give free dinners as a bonus for booking with them.

We got a free PG dinner as a gesture after a service issue. Otherwise, we pay.

Edited by pv girl
addition

Some times our TA gifts us with a free Pinnacle dinner.

We are 5 star Mariners and we both get 2 free Pinnacle dinners.

I have seen where people qualified for a free Pinnacle dinner when they booked a balcony cabin or higher on certain cruises -- Explore4 deal that closed in October 2013.

Am I the only one who doesn't get offered a complimentary pinnacle grill dinner. I read about it a lot, but never see the offer. I am using a Personal cruise consultant this time vs. a travel agent. I am happy with the service, but like most people, enjoy an extra unadvertised perk. Thanks

Not once have we received any Dinner as a perk from our PCC and she is a good friend:) The only time we have received Pinnacle Grill or other OBC, has been when it is part of an advertised sale.

TA's, from my understanding, give them as part of their Commission(s). In other words, the TA(s) give up a portion of their commission in order to give you something that will hopefully have you returning to them for future bookings.

Joanie

Nothing from my PCC. That is the way it is. I am sticking with him even though I know I am missing out on perks that non-HAL TA's may offer from their commissions.

Some day I may see some consideration, but from what more experienced cruisers than I have said it may be a long wait. :)

Dennis

Not once have we received any Dinner as a perk from our PCC and she is a good friend:) The only time we have received Pinnacle Grill or other OBC, has been when it is part of an advertised sale.

TA's, from my understanding, give them as part of their Commission(s). In other words, the TA(s) give up a portion of their commission in order to give you something that will hopefully have you returning to them for future bookings.

Joanie

Same experience here Joanie. Wouldn't give up our PCC service for any deals.

As mention before, free Pinnacle dinners with the Explore 4 progam, which ended in October but the promotion cover many many cruises, over many months. I know on our recent cruise the Pinnacle was very busy because of all the free dinner under the Explore 4 program and I'm sure there are also free dinners given out by TA's, as well.

We were lucky enough to get a signature drink card from our TA's company and what a deal that was. 15 drinks a day for 7 days for each of us, wow, did we save some money. My TA told me not to expect that every time we cruise, I told her I realize that but it sure was fun as long as it lasted.:D:eek::D

Our experience has been that PCC's have a certain amount of latitude with perks but they won't normally offer them unless they're asked. Sometimes we've received 2 free PG dinners other times two $50 OBC's. Doesn't happen every time but the old adage still rings true - no harm in asking.

As mention before, free Pinnacle dinners with the Explore 4 progam, which ended in October but the promotion cover many many cruises, over many months. I know on our recent cruise the Pinnacle was very busy because of all the free dinner under the Explore 4 program and I'm sure there are also free dinners given out by TA's, as well.

We were lucky enough to get a signature drink card from our TA's company and what a deal that was. 15 drinks a day for 7 days for each of us, wow, did we save some money. My TA told me not to expect that every time we cruise, I told her I realize that but it sure was fun as long as it lasted.:D:eek::D

Your were lucky that your TA did gift you with a signature beverage card.

We wouldn't even consider buying them for ourselves as we would never be able to drink that much and HAL would make out on us -- royally.

Once we got dinner as a TA gift, once a lunch as a TA gift and once a comp Asian lunch on one of the ships that had an Asian restrauant on the top deck. I love the Itialan restrauant, even though they started charging, with the perks of 3 stars, there is a small discount. It's just nice place to enjoy different food and service.

FYI: We never eat in the LIDO, unless its to make a fruit dish or salad if we miss the dining room lunch service do to being busy in port.

:rolleyes:

Once we got dinner as a TA gift, once a lunch as a TA gift and once a comp Asian lunch on one of the ships that had an Asian restrauant on the top deck. I love the Itialan restrauant, even though they started charging, with the perks of 3 stars, there is a small discount. It's just nice place to enjoy different food and service.

FYI: We never eat in the LIDO, unless its to make a fruit dish or salad if we miss the dining room lunch service do to being busy in port.

:rolleyes:

Tamarind used to be no charge for lunch.

Are they now charging?

I don't care for dumplings so as much as we enjoyed Tamarind dinners, lunch did not appeal.

Edited by sail7seas

I owned (yes- past tense) an agency that did a very large cruise business. We always sent something to our customers, even those in the cheapest inside cabins.

We had group rates on most cruises with a couple of lines. Since our volume was very high those lines provided (at no cost to us) bon voyage gifts for our customers with a card from our agency. Gift value was based on the fare paid. Inside cabins usually a bottle of wine up to spa services for suite passengers.

Like any other business it's all about volume. I'm surprised the PCC's don't do more in that area since they can't "discount" pricing to match the large volume agencies. I know even back then we were at very high percentages for commissions and overrides.