Stavanger without walking

Jimsgirl

I normally do not go ashore, but today I realised that there is a tour of Stavanger which does not involve walking around. I would like to take this , but wish to pay for it on board from my OBC. If I book it in advance from the brochure I will have to pay for it immediately.

Does anyone who has dealt with the tour office know if it will be open the day of boarding? I have never given it any thought prior to this trip, because I have always stayed on board.

Thank you for any replies

Lynn

I normally do not go ashore, but today I realised that there is a tour of Stavanger which does not involve walking around. I would like to take this , but wish to pay for it on board from my OBC. If I book it in advance from the brochure I will have to pay for it immediately.

Does anyone who has dealt with the tour office know if it will be open the day of boarding? I have never given it any thought prior to this trip, because I have always stayed on board.

Thank you for any replies

Lynn

Hi Lynn, I don't know the business hours of the Tour Office, but if you find the Office was closed upon boarding as I usually do, I believe you can dial their number from your stateroom and leave a voice mail message. I would like to think that since you are Diamond World Club member, you would receive a prompt call back once the office opened. I hope it works out for you - I've been on other tours with fellow passengers with mobility issues and they got around just fine - better than me, in fact! :) Cheers, -S.

I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem with booking it on board. The tour office isn't usually open the first day but you could check to see if they have any forms for signing up for the tours on their counter. If not, they will have them out the next morning. You can either talk to them then or fill out the form for the tour you want in Stavanger and drop it into the box by the tour office. They will send your ticket to your stateroom.

I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem with booking it on board. The tour office isn't usually open the first day but you could check to see if they have any forms for signing up for the tours on their counter. If not, they will have them out the next morning. You can either talk to them then or fill out the form for the tour you want in Stavanger and drop it into the box by the tour office. They will send your ticket to your stateroom.

on every Cunard cruise from Southampton I have done the tours office opens immediately after the safety drill on boarding day

Thank you for your prompt replies.

I will certainly look carefully at the Tour office , if the tour really does not include walking or shopping, it would be ideal for me to see Stavanger.

Looking forward to be back on board.

Lynn

As has been mentioned, you will get a form in your cabin and you simply tick the tour you want and sign the form then drop it off in the box near the tour office. They should also have a copy of the cruise information so you can double check that the trip is what you expect.

I have just checked the daily programme from my last trip on QV and the tour office was open from 2.30 to 4.30 embarkation day. I except it will be much the same on QM2.

Thank you Lanky Lad, I will certainly make the tour office my first "stop" usually that is the library, followed by Kings Court. I do want to do the Stavanger tour if I can just sit on the bus and listen to the guide whilst I look out of the window at the sights.

Any other CC posters thinking of doing this "no walking tour"?

Just a few weeks to go

Lynn

Hi Stavanger is a beautiful town. Well worth a walk off the ship. We were there a couple of years ago & docked right in town. We took a boat ride to see the waterfalls. It's was well worth the money. Then we strolled through the town Square. Hubby isn't a good walker but everything is close so if you take it slow it's fine. Hope your trip,works for you. Counting the days.

See you in board

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app ~ Kerry

[ATTACH]315345[/ATTACH]

I think you can also book from your room using your TV and Key pad. I have done it in Princess ships and Celebrity ships. I assume you can also do it here.

Cunard TV's are not that technical

Every time I have been to Stavanger there has been a Sightseeing bus parked outside the ( Ferry ) Terminal, One that you just hop on. There has also always been a sightseeing ferry as well

If the ship does not use the ferry terminal , but moors across on the other side it is only a very short walk 3 mins to walk around the Marina bit.

The Ferry Terminal is where the MSC Crusie ship is

The other photo shows were you moor up if ferry terminal is being used. The Sightseeing boat is in front.

514230347_FerryTerminalStavanger.jpg.7533772c6d33ab53efe18427b059e34b.jpg

716923973_OppFerryTerminalAltMooring.jpg.005328f35a06d5c0540e80f719d2c802.jpg

Edited by Pennbank

I think you can also book from your room using your TV and Key pad. I have done it in Princess ships and Celebrity ships. I assume you can also do it here.

Hi Seacumber, there was a time when the TV was interactive on QM2, but that was disabled years ago. In Britannia Category, if you want to book a tour on board (which is the only way it will be applied to your on board credit), you can either fill out the form that will be included in the ships newsletter and drop it off at the Tour Office or visit the Tour Office in person. -S.