Making 11:15 am flight in new orleans

msdurk

It will be tight, but not impossible. People do it often.

To make it, you need to do self disembark. You wheel your own bags off the ship, first thing. Everyone if your group needs to do this.

I assume you are U.S. citizens and will not have issue with immigration.

Next, grab a cab. There will be plenty of them. Do not do transfers, special cars, etc.

With that said, if there are any delays with some non citizen not reporting as they should, you could be in trouble.

If the Ole Miss River is foggy, you will get in late.

If all goes well, should be no problem....one hitch though and .... who knows? Is there another flight shortly after noon? or maybe a bit later? I'm a cautious traveller and don't like taking chances if there's an easy solution.

I guess as someone has stated on these boards before, I prefer NOT to end my cruise being stressed about getting to the airport on time.

Enjoy your cruise.

Our last trip, there was so much fog, you couldn't see anything. The ship's fog horn blew all night starting at the delta. We were right on time. I was amazed they could navigate at all.

garycarla is correct especially about the fog. Also NOLA loves a good parade and traffic can really snarl up and if there is a morning event at the Superdome expect delays. So be sure to check a calendar for NOLA events.

I've debarked at the NOLA terminal 6 times and 4 times it was easy going, but twice it was really a bit*h. One delay was weather and it was 2:00 pm before we cleared the terminal and the other was street traffic.

You can make the airport by 11:00 am, but that's on a good day without delays. If it were me, I would book a later flight and stay onboard and enjoy a great breakfast. The crew will be anxious to have you off by about 10:00.

We are looking at an 11:00 flight out of New Orleans on Friday, Nov. 21. We will be on the NCL Dawn, repo out of Boston. Last year, we were on NCL Jewel in Oct., and returned on a sunday, and walked off w/our luggage very early. We had driven. We will do the same, walk off w/our luggage, getting in line ASAP in the early morning.

We are looking at an 11:00 flight out of New Orleans on Friday, Nov. 21. We will be on the NCL Dawn, repo out of Boston. Last year, we were on NCL Jewel in Oct., and returned on a sunday, and walked off w/our luggage very early. We had driven. We will do the same, walk off w/our luggage, getting in line ASAP in the early morning.

That is the weekend before Thanksgiving. There is a Saints football game in the Superdome Monday evening. People will fly in that Friday to enjoy a long weekend in NOLA.

Make your flight a later time in the day. The airport is at least 30 min from the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone for the great advise. We have decided to rebook out departure for a later time.

But..............have been on hold for 1 hour and 7 mins.

Tried again for another 30 minutes and will keep trying all night. I have 24 hours to change to a different time.

We are using FF miles for Delta.

We are not the kind of people to take a risk, too much invested in our travels.

Thanks again everyone.

It would be tight. We got off the ship quickly. Waiting for our ride to make it up to the pick up area was another story. NOLA runs on NOLA time so it would be risky

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you everyone for the great advise. We have decided to rebook out departure for a later time.

But..............have been on hold for 1 hour and 7 mins.

Tried again for another 30 minutes and will keep trying all night. I have 24 hours to change to a different time.

We are using FF miles for Delta.

We are not the kind of people to take a risk, too much invested in our travels.

Thanks again everyone.

Good Decision!!

We travel to NOLA often and Friday morning traffic is baaad.

Have a great cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums