Copenhagen Hotel

There is a small change for you staying at Bella Sky.

Instead of Comwell as the operator it will now be the Marriott hotel chain AC that will operate the hotel.

The new name is AC Bella Sky Hotel, I have also seen the title AC By Marriott Bella Sky but I think its the first name.

Thank you :), I didn't realize that it was Thanksgiving now but happy thanksgiving to everyone in the US of A :D

Thanks Giving isn't until November 27th, my birthday!! ;)

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines :rolleyes:

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebexc city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vanco

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

One more question- Just found out Wake UP Borgergade has air conditioning. This hotel is rated 2 star which makes me uneasy since I usually stay in 3-4 star hotels. Wake up seems to be in a great area and easy access to metro for airport. I don't need the frills of a gym, phone etc, just CLEAN and comfortable bed for 1 night with someone at desk to answer questions.

Square Hotel is rated 3 star.

Does the 2 star system mean something else in Copenhagen that I should know?

Which hotel would you choose?

One more question- Just found out Wake UP Borgergade has air conditioning. This hotel is rated 2 star which makes me uneasy since I usually stay in 3-4 star hotels. Wake up seems to be in a great area and easy access to metro for airport. I don't need the frills of a gym, phone etc, just CLEAN and comfortable bed for 1 night with someone at desk to answer questions.

Wake-up is a hostel. No idea how many in a room and you'll probably be sharing a bathroom.

Harriet

Harriet according to trip advisor it is not a hostel and you have your own bathroom in your room. You don't share bedrooms with anyone. Just thought someone might be personally familiar with the hotel.

I'm sorry I must've confused that hotel with another

Harriet

No the rating system is the same :D

I know that the trip advisor reviews is not the perfect go to guide for Copenhagen but interesting enough The Wake Up Borgergade hotel is the 16th most popular hotel in Copenhagen and The Square is only placed 34th.

But I do think its because that the Borgergade property is brand new and it being a 2 star hotel people will have lower expectations compared to a hotel with more stars.

So its easier for a brand new discount hotel to get better reviews than a older hotel with more stars and located between 2 huge construction sites.

But check the reviews on tripadvisor.com and see what people write about it.

One fun fact, both hotels are owned by the same company.

Just a small correction, The Square has 4 stars, not 3.

When looking at the reviews I can't understand why the hotel only gets rated as the 34th best hotel in Copenhagen.

I'm guessing that the quality of the hotels in Copenhagen is at almost the same level so the quality of the hotels is on level.

The reviews are actually pretty good and the problems seems to involve small subjects like soft beds, water pressure in the shower, traffic noise (sirens etc) and non functioning keycards.

None of the reviews I saw mentioned the construction sites so they are probably only a visual issue.

Edited by Danish viking

• 2 weeks later...

I'm jumping in late to this thread, just started researching hotels for next year. Our cruise line is including a pre- cruise night at Scandic Copenhagen, and we want to add an extra night before we sail. Never been to Copenhagen before, is this a good location to see the sights for a day using a hop on-hop off bus and maybe do a canal cruise? I can't do a lot of walking due to back problems. Is it a long taxi ride from the airport? Any help would be appreciated.

Scandic is located 3-4 blocks from where the fun is happening.

If walking is an issue I would take a more centrally located hotel, its not a long walk to the hotel but you will pass many other hotels on your way back.

Try to search for a hotel near Rådhuspladsen (city hall square) or near Nyhavn/Kongens Nytorv.

Thanks for the info! I think I'll look up the HoHo routes and find something near that in the areas you mentioned. We can always opt out of the included Cruise-line hotel (Scandic) and get a credit back, then do our own hotel for the 2 nights --- which is what we usually do!

Harriet according to trip advisor it is not a hostel and you have your own bathroom in your room. You don't share bedrooms with anyone. Just thought someone might be personally familiar with the hotel.
We stayed at the Borgergade Wakeup this October for three nights. It is on a quiet side street and a few blocks from Nyhavn, Kongens Nytorv, and Strøget. The room was small, but effectively planned. If you have a lot of luggage or like to spend a lot of time in your hotel room, it might seem too small. If you want a good nights sleep, and a place to change clothes and shower, this is a good option.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info! I think I'll look up the HoHo routes and find something near that in the areas you mentioned. We can always opt out of the included Cruise-line hotel (Scandic) and get a credit back, then do our own hotel for the 2 nights --- which is what we usually do!

We stayed at the Scandic Front near Nyhavn and the Ho Ho bus runs up past it.

Its a very good hotel with a great breakfast.

We stayed at the Scandic Front near Nyhavn and the Ho Ho bus runs up past it.

Its a very good hotel with a great breakfast.

Thanks. Apparently our cruiseline uses Scandic Copenhagen, which is over by the Canals, quite a ways away from Nyhavn. So I'll check this one out. The Scandic didn't get great reviews on TripAdvisor, though. Glad to hear you liked it.

Danish Viking--you have been very helpful to many people on this thread, so I will ask you your opinion. We will be staying in Copenhagen POST-cruise 5/9-5/12/15 & I don't know anything about the city or preferred locations. I got the impression the Nyhavn/Kongens Nytorv area would be good whereas we have three days to play tourist & prefer to be within walking distance to restaurants & attractions. We would love breakfast to be included. I had wanted Hotel Bethel whereas another cruise pax is already booked there, but they are apparently sold out for those dates. Money is an issue, however, was hoping for less than $150 U.S. per night. What hotels would YOU recommend? Thanks in advance for your assistance :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app