Copenhagen Hotel

Marion, I knew I recognized your name! You were on the Azamara Quest TA last fall and so was I. Hello again!

I just returned from a cruise to/from Copenhagen. I stayed at the Cab-Inn Metro the night before boarding the cruise, and for one person it was pretty much perfect but I'm not sure how a couple would feel about it. It had very narrow bunk beds! I think they have larger rooms that maybe have a double bed but I'm not positive.

My rate included a nice breakfast buffet. The hotel was clean and well maintained but the room was TINY. Rick Steves' book describes them as like a cruise ship cabin but I've never been in a cabin as tiny as that room was. Very good price, dependable free internet, short walk to/from the train, about a block away from a mall that had some restaurants and a grocery store among other things.

Just thought I'd post my experience in case it might help fellow travelers. :)

Thanks so much, good to hear from you. Shoot me an email so we can catch up.

I checked out Cabinn but I thought it was perfect if I was alone but not good fir DH and myself. I will keep looking. Seep real of the hotels say they are sold out....that can't be.

Marion

I must be the only frugal traveler on the boards. I usually book 3 and 4 star hotels on Priceline and do my own bidding. I have had fabulous results and now am researching hotels in Copenhagen. Thanks Danish Viking for your expertise.

We are looking for a reasonable priced hotel that is clean, room size doesn't matter, location is more important with easy access to local public transportation. We like to be within walking distance of little local restaurants to get breakfast. We are NEVER in the hotel except to sleep. I want to rent a hotel room for two nights not purchase the hotel! LOL. I usually budget between $95 and $160 for accommodations and save mucho dollars.

Marion

could look at the Best Western Hotel City ..not downtown but the seem to be reasonable

Some hotels in Europe do not open up the online booking until 6mths out

You can always email a hotel & find if they are available when you want it

Lyn

I would greatly appreciate hotel suggestions for three nights in Copenhagen. I will be arriving from the USA the morning of Septemer 19, 2014 and leaving on a cruise September 22.

I am an older woman traveling alone and would like to be centrally located in the city but accessable from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port.

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer.

I would greatly appreciate hotel suggestions for three nights in Copenhagen. I will be arriving from the USA the morning of Septemer 19, 2014 and leaving on a cruise September 22.

I am an older woman traveling alone and would like to be centrally located in the city but accessable from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port.

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer.

I'm also flying into Copenhagen on September 19th and leaving on a cruise September 22nd. NCL Star? I think we're both on the same ship. I'm flying/cruising with my Sister In Law and leaving Ft. Lauderdale on Norwegian Air. Now....trying to find a reasonable hotel that's centrally located as well. I'll be watching this thread!

Harriet

I'm also flying into Copenhagen on September 19th and leaving on a cruise September 22nd. NCL Star? I think we're both on the same ship. I'm flying/cruising with my Sister In Law and leaving Ft. Lauderdale on Norwegian Air. Now....trying to find a reasonable hotel that's centrally located as well. I'll be watching this thread!

Harriet

Harriet

We meet again - we chatted on the Star CC page. I am live in Jupiter and will be on the same flight and cruise with you and your SIL. If we decide on the same hotel it would be nice if we could share transportation to and from the hotel. I'll be anxious to see any replies we get here. My email is franperry4 at aol dot com

Harriet

We meet again - we chatted on the Star CC page. I am live in Jupiter and will be on the same flight and cruise with you and your SIL. If we decide on the same hotel it would be nice if we could share transportation to and from the hotel. I'll be anxious to see any replies we get here. My email is franperry4 at aol dot com

Sounds good to me. Truthfully, we don't really want to spend a lot of money on the hotel room for 3 days. All we're looking for is someplace clean, twin beds or two double beds (I love my sister in law but don't want to share a bed with her) and our own private bathroom/shower. If it's centrally located that's even better. I've been looking at hotels but I know *nothing* about them nor locations. I did look at Hotel Osterport which comes to $436.00 total for the 3 night as well as Copenhagen Go Hotel which comes to $277.00 total for the 3 nights. Maybe someone here can give suggestions?

And of course, if we're at the same hotel we can share taxi to hotel as well as to ship!

Edit: My e-mail is har40 at comcast dot net

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

We stayed at the Copenhagen Go Hotel last month for three nights. We purchased the Copenhagen City Pass upon arrival at the airport so we were able to hop on and off trains, metro and buses. As far as the hotel goes, it is very inexpensive but it's basic in every way. It is clean, the staff is great, very helpful and polite. The rooms are TINY and the bathroom is even smaller than tiny. It has a sink, mirror, shower and toilet as well as a squeegee so that you can try to dry the floor. It was really a step above hosteling or camping. I had no problem with it but my DH was not happy. The other guests were all quite young. We were truly the senior citizens, by far.

Again, if you are adventurous and don't mind the above minuses, you'll be fine. But, if you require a bit more comfort, definitely go somewhere else. On the plus side the breakfast was very nice with fruits, juices, wonderful breads, cold cuts, pates, Nutella, great coffee, cereals, etc.

We stayed at the Copenhagen Go Hotel last month for three nights. We purchased the Copenhagen City Pass upon arrival at the airport so we were able to hop on and off trains, metro and buses. As far as the hotel goes, it is very inexpensive but it's basic in every way. It is clean, the staff is great, very helpful and polite. The rooms are TINY and the bathroom is even smaller than tiny. It has a sink, mirror, shower and toilet as well as a squeegee so that you can try to dry the floor. It was really a step above hosteling or camping. I had no problem with it but my DH was not happy. The other guests were all quite young. We were truly the senior citizens, by far.

Again, if you are adventurous and don't mind the above minuses, you'll be fine. But, if you require a bit more comfort, definitely go somewhere else. On the plus side the breakfast was very nice with fruits, juices, wonderful breads, cold cuts, pates, Nutella, great coffee, cereals, etc.

Hmmm, my SIL is in her 70's and the thought of the shower wetting the entire bathroom is something that won't thrill her. I'm afraid she'd fall when she's done with her shower as she completes her other bathroom stuff. Darn! That price was pretty good.

Thanks for the info.

Harriet

We stayed at the Hilton last year after our cruise. We used the cruise line transfer to the airport. As we had requested early check-in we were able to get into our room and then go to the station to take the train to Helsingor where we had a relaxing wander around the town.

We had a room with a US sized King bed with lots of space around it. We used room service for dinner. In the morning they have a mini-buffet for those with early flights.

We are flying in 8/7 and boarding Azamara Journey on 8/8. I booked the Best Western Hebron for $302 for the 1 night. There are some good reviews on Trip Advisor, breakfast is included and the location looked good. However, there is no a/c so I was wondering if that may be an issue.

How warm is it typically during August? We'll be there mid-late August and my DH is a stickler on cool rooms for sleeping purposes (I guess I am now too). I'm hoping I don't have to worry if the hotel has a/c or not. For those that don't have A/C, do they usually have windows that open for air circulation?

How warm is it typically during August? We'll be there mid-late August and my DH is a stickler on cool rooms for sleeping purposes (I guess I am now too). I'm hoping I don't have to worry if the hotel has a/c or not. For those that don't have A/C, do they usually have windows that open for air circulation?

For August its 21,2 degress celcius during the day and 13,5 during the night.

We stayed at the Airport Hilton for $160 at the end of May this year. Rate included an extremely good buffet breakfast. Direct access to the airport,metro, train and bus. Large room with 2 queens, bath, shower and inroom coffee. Would definitely stay there again for ease of access to airport and transportation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are looking at staying at the Hilton next year, but the rates are much more expensive. Any tricks to getting a cheaper rate?

Marion, I knew I recognized your name! You were on the Azamara Quest TA last fall and so was I. Hello again!

I just returned from a cruise to/from Copenhagen. I stayed at the Cab-Inn Metro the night before boarding the cruise, and for one person it was pretty much perfect but I'm not sure how a couple would feel about it. It had very narrow bunk beds! I think they have larger rooms that maybe have a double bed but I'm not positive.

My rate included a nice breakfast buffet. The hotel was clean and well maintained but the room was TINY. Rick Steves' book describes them as like a cruise ship cabin but I've never been in a cabin as tiny as that room was. Very good price, dependable free internet, short walk to/from the train, about a block away from a mall that had some restaurants and a grocery store among other things.

Just thought I'd post my experience in case it might help fellow travelers. :)

I am still looking for a hotel. We have a year so I am not in a rush, unless I see a great bargain LOL. Larger double accommodations are available - if I remember correctly this hotel doesn't have air conditioning, right? I have to have a cool room ( temp not décor) or I won't sleep. I have to check the temperatures in Copenhagen for early June.

Marion

I am still looking for a hotel. We have a year so I am not in a rush, unless I see a great bargain LOL. Larger double accommodations are available - if I remember correctly this hotel doesn't have air conditioning, right? I have to have a cool room ( temp not décor) or I won't sleep. I have to check the temperatures in Copenhagen for early June.

Marion

I don't think there is A/C. It was cool outside when I was there in early/mid-June so not an issue. But the windows can be opened--I like the fresh air so slept with mine open a bit (not too wide as no screen and I didn't want birds flying in!) :)

We are going to be in Copenhagen 3 days post cruise in June of 2015 and after a lot of searching we got a nice enough price at Hotel Imperial on Booking.com , breakfast included, AC, and very near many of the things we want to walk to see....it was hard to find something because we are 4 adults and 3 children and a lot of the hotels I inquired to cant accomodate a family the size of ours....lots of good reviews on Trip Advisor, a few criticisms but nothing is perfect and I think this will be a good choice for us.