Copenhagen Hotel

I know that Scandic Front offers breakfast, I'm not sure about the price but it should be in that range.

If you can wait for a proper reply I can make one after the Christmas days.

I'm working in a shop so today being the last day before Christmas (we celebrate Christmas on the 24th) I'm working all day and I am picking up my to cousins from the other side of the country at the train station so my schedule is packed.:o

Danish Viking---you do not have to do any hotel research for me! A great price came out for the Savoy Hotel which met our budget, dates, & includes breakfast! Location looks good & trip advisor reviews were positive. Small rooms don't matter as we will be playing tourist! My only fear is figuring out public transportation, particularly how to get from the ship to the hotel! Any help re: this issue will be greatly appreciated! Hope you have enjoyed your Holiday!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Take the cruise shuttle from Oceankaj to Østerport Station, Sløjfen.

From here you take the regular bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads, Get off at Vesterbros Torv that is located 150 meters from the bus stop.

Or take any southbound S-trains and get off at Vesterport station, from here there is 650 meters to the hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
Try to check out these hotels.

Scandic Front

Hotel Neptun

Hotel Maritime

Copenhagen Strand

Hotel Opera

Best Western Hotel City******

Phoenix Copenhagen

We are considering flying in to Copenhagen 2-3 days prior to do some sightseeing. It appears this Best Western is a good location for getting to the cruise port with at taxi for a reasonable rate, am I correct?

I am reading your other posts and it appears we may be able to take a tram from the airport to the hotel when we fly in a few days early.

We finally decided to book at Copenhagen Admiral for 3 nights pre-cruise, as its close to the areas we want to see. We do not want the hassle of anything other than a direct taxi ride from the airport, so will forego the train/bus, etc.

I do hope it will be easy to do a bus tour from there after arrival, so we will do some further research on that. I haven't read a lot of good reviews of the HOHO bus circuit (because of the drivers???), but we may try that anyway. It's always been the best way to see a city when you're new to a location. If there is a better way, I'm open to suggestions! We'll be there in September.

Thanks for this info, however as much as I'd love to, I can't do extensive walking tours due to a back problem. Really puts limitations on my touring I'm afraid. Why we always do the HOHO bus tours, if available.

Try to check out these hotels.

Scandic Front

Hotel Neptun

Hotel Maritime

Copenhagen Strand

Hotel Opera

Best Western Hotel City

Phoenix Copenhagen

Hello Danish,

I have done some research on hotels in Copenhagen and is looking for your expert advice. :)

My husband and I will be staying a night in Copenhagen pre-cruise - May 23rd (Sat).

The one that caught my interest is Crowne Plaza due to their great review, the free airport shuttle.

Also, after further research, it seems some of the bus line is closed on the weekend, leaving us only with Metro or Taxi as transportation. We want to avoid taking taxi if we could due to the cost.

I'm seeking for any suggestion on browsing around the city & choice of hotel.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Helena

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

One more question...

We have three rooms booked at the Scandic Palace in May. I like the location very much and the free breakfast. We all wake up at different times, so it is nice to be able to have breakfast when we want.

However, I love the look of the Admiral hotel. It seems a little nicer (??) than the Palace, but I wonder about the location. Recently, the standard rooms came down in price. So, even with paying $22 pp per night for breakfast, it is cheaper than the Scandic Palace.

Does anyone have a opinion on which hotel would be best? I know the answer depends on the person, but I welcome any advice. I am on Tripadvisor all the time, so have read many reviews of each hotel.

One more question...

We have three rooms booked at the Scandic Palace in May. I like the location very much and the free breakfast. We all wake up at different times, so it is nice to be able to have breakfast when we want.

However, I love the look of the Admiral hotel. It seems a little nicer (??) than the Palace, but I wonder about the location. Recently, the standard rooms came down in price. So, even with paying $22 pp per night for breakfast, it is cheaper than the Scandic Palace.

Does anyone have a opinion on which hotel would be best? I know the answer depends on the person, but I welcome any advice. I am on Tripadvisor all the time, so have read many reviews of each hotel.

If I had to choose I would pick The Admiral because of the warehouse look and the location by the water.

The scandic Palace is wonderful but the Town Hall Square can be a hectic place with cars and the metro construction site on the other side of the square.

There isn´t any noise issues but the square isn´t exactly pretty at the moment. :D

If I had to choose I would pick The Admiral because of the warehouse look and the location by the water.

The scandic Palace is wonderful but the Town Hall Square can be a hectic place with cars and the metro construction site on the other side of the square.

There isn´t any noise issues but the square isn´t exactly pretty at the moment. :D

We are considering the Hotel Bethel. Like the location. What is your opinion? Thank you Danish Viking.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I like the location of the hotel and they seems to get good reviews by their guests on trip advisor and here on cruise critic.

You have many of the major sites near the hotel.

Thank you!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'd like to stay near Nyhavn for a day pre-cruise, but the hotels in that area don't seem to get great reviews. I'm considering Scandic Front, Admiral, Phoenix, Hotel Neptun. I want to be close to the canal cruise and also a short walk to Amalienborg. Any suggestions which would be the best choice?

You might try "booking.com" ! ;)

Cato :)

I'd like to stay near Nyhavn for a day pre-cruise, but the hotels in that area don't seem to get great reviews. I'm considering Scandic Front, Admiral, Phoenix, Hotel Neptun. I want to be close to the canal cruise and also a short walk to Amalienborg. Any suggestions which would be the best choice?

The hotels you mentioned and their location on the tripadvisor list.

Admiral Hotel (#21)

Phoenix Copenhagen (#33)

Hotel Neptun (#44)

Scandic Front (#71

The other hotels in the area also sorted from best to worst.

D´Angleterre (#1) is probably to expensive

Bethel (#6)

Wake Up Borgergade (#16)

Best Western Hotel City

(#19) Hotel Christian IV (#29)

Copenhagen Strand (#35)

Hotel Opera (#46)

71 Nyhavn Hotel (#48)

Hotel Maritime (#61)

But I must say that I´m baffled by Scandic Fronts low score.

I realize that they just have been through a large renovation so maybe the bad ratings is from before and under that renovation.

They are also neighbors to a huge storm surge/underground parking construction project but that project should be done this year.

We stayed at the Phoenix near Nyhavn five years ago and are staying there again in May. It is traditional and furnished with an elegance - antique and older furnishings so it is not the usual cutting edge modern décor that you see in many of the larger Copenhagen hotels. We appreciated the good service at the Phoenix. The online reviews of the Phoenix are critical of the older furnishings, so you will have to judge for yourself whether you prefer ambiance or not. We usually choose smaller inns or historic hotels when we travel. That may mean European style showers and bathrooms and occasionally smaller rooms. The location of the Phoenix is very good. A five minute walk will have you at Kongens Nytorv where you can board public transportation to the airport. You are close to Nyhavn, the canal boat rides, the Stroget, museums, and the HOHO bus. We even walked from there to the palace to watch the changing of the guard. Now is a good time to book. Prices are lower than a few months ago.

I know it may seem like comparing apples and oranges but what are the pros and cons of each? We are staying 2 nights pre-cruise and have Marriott points for one night. The second night we will hopefully have our 3 adult children in a second room.