Golden Beds

Brisbanelionsfan

We have been on a few Princess ships and always found the beds to be rock hard.

Went on the Royal last year and they were fantastic.

Next year we are going on the Golden, do you think we will need the egg crate toppers?

Cheers:)

I spent the month of March on the Golden & I had one of the new pillow top mattress pads which was much better than the broken down egg crates. The pillow top pads are queen-size however our cabin steward folded one in half so it could be put up my twin bed. We were in a quad obstructed oceanview cabin with the upper bunks protruding from the wall & to minimize bumping our heads had the queen bed split into twins.

I've been on the Royal Princess & with these new pillow top mattress pads it made the beds on the Golden "almost" as good as on the Royal. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Is it necessary to request the pillow top mattress pads like it was to request the egg crate style in advance? (Golden also)

The pillow top pads were not available to preorder but that might be because this relatively new option has not been added into their computer system.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I spent the month of March on the Golden & I had one of the new pillow top mattress pads which was much better than the broken down egg crates. The pillow top pads are queen-size however our cabin steward folded one in half so it could be put up my twin bed. We were in a quad obstructed oceanview cabin with the upper bunks protruding from the wall & to minimize bumping our heads had the queen bed split into twins.

I've been on the Royal Princess & with these new pillow top mattress pads it made the beds on the Golden "almost" as good as on the Royal. ;)

Sounds like I need to find my cabin Steward as soon as I board and request one. I typically get the egg crate but this sounds so much better.:)

Sounds like I need to find my cabin Steward as soon as I board and request one. I typically get the egg crate but this sounds so much better.:)

Hope you enjoy it as much as me & I thought it was closer to the pillow tops on the Royal. ;)

We have been on a few Princess ships and always found the beds to be rock hard.

Went on the Royal last year and they were fantastic.

Next year we are going on the Golden, do you think we will need the egg crate toppers?

Cheers:)

I was on the Golden last month (May 17, 2014), in an oceanview on the Sun Deck and the mattress was perfect. But at our meet & greet someone mentioned that they had a saggy mattress. Fortunately, the Hotel Manager was at our meet & greet so I can only assume that the problem was taken care of to the satisfaction of our cruise critic member.

Btw...I was on the Royal in June 2013 (maiden voyage) the bed was fine. I didnt sleep well on that cruise but it wasn't the fault of the mattress it the air conditioner that wasn't working properly. :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Forums mobile app