Taxi from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale Hotel

bellaj

Does anyone happen to know the approximate cost of a cab from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale?

We're cruising from Fort Lauderdale but flying into Miami airport as that's a direct flight. We then have a couple of nights in a hotel in Fort Lauderdale so we need transport there.

The Miami airport website gives an approximate cost of $81.70 - does anyone know if thats current?

Our hotel has said they can arrange a car to pick us up for $110 plus gratuity which does not seem a whole lot more considering the cost of the holiday as a whole ;)

Thanks ....

Does anyone happen to know the approximate cost of a cab from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale?

We're cruising from Fort Lauderdale but flying into Miami airport as that's a direct flight. We then have a couple of nights in a hotel in Fort Lauderdale so we need transport there.

The Miami airport website gives an approximate cost of $81.70 - does anyone know if thats current?

Our hotel has said they can arrange a car to pick us up for $110 plus gratuity which does not seem a whole lot more considering the cost of the holiday as a whole ;)

Thanks ....

The 80.00 sounds about right.....that would be without a tip.

I would definitely go with car pick up via your hotel.:)

I've used Go Airport Shuttle from FLL to Downtown Miami in the past and they've been great. Without knowing too many details of your trip I checked their site and it appears to be about $98 and that includes tip.

Go Airport Shuttle provides a firm number while the taxi is an estimate that can vary depending on the route the driver decides to take.

Edited by aurelius180

Thanks ....

I'd say the cost of a cab will be $80-$90 plus tip. For a few dollars more I think I'd use the car service.

The Super Shuttle van service is $38 per person from Miami airport to Ft. Lauderdale. It might vary slightlty depending on where your hotel is. For myself last year (September) it was $38 to the Embassy Suites on SE 17th Street.