Splendour of the Seas??

Hi there, I was looking at Med sailings on the Splendour for next year, but I wanted to ask, is there a pizzeria on board? Having sailed on the Liberty a few years ago, I loved going to Sorrento's for a couple of slices of pizza, but can't seem to find anything like it on the deck plan for the Splendour.

If someone who has sailed with the Splendour recently could let me know if there's a pizza place on board, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

Hi there, I was looking at Med sailings on the Splendour for next year, but I wanted to ask, is there a pizzeria on board? Having sailed on the Liberty a few years ago, I loved going to Sorrento's for a couple of slices of pizza, but can't seem to find anything like it on the deck plan for the Splendour.

If someone who has sailed with the Splendour recently could let me know if there's a pizza place on board, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

In 2012 we took Splendour out of Venice shortly after it's overhaul and I do not recall anything like Sorrento's. Sorry

Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Pizza would be served at Park Cafe in the Solarium.

Thank you for the information, clarea. Would that be available all day or just at certain times?

I've not been on Splendour, so I don't know for sure. On other Vision class ships, the pizza comes out after lunch and lasts until late.

As far as I can remember, the Boardwalk dog House had pizza and was open from mid-afternoon until late at night.

Don't eat Pizza myself, so not 100% certain about this.

Thanks for the info. I never knew there was a Dog House on Splendour. We were on Legend which used to be the exact twin of Splendour. However, after the refurb, they are a bit different. The Dog House on Splendour is where the Concierge lounge is on Legend. Interesting.

I just got off the Splendour this past weekend. Here's what I experienced:

The Dog House had several different kinds of hot dogs (and some good ones), but no pizza. The Park Cafe had sandwiches, salads, desserts, fruit and cookies... no pizza. I did see pizza pretty regularly in the Windjammer, but it was your basic buffet pizza. It was okay, but nothing special.

Everything at the Park Cafe was very good, and it was never crowded. We ended up eating most of our breakfasts and lunches there because it was such a nice, relaxing atmosphere.

I just got off the Splendour this past weekend. Here's what I experienced:

The Dog House had several different kinds of hot dogs (and some good ones), but no pizza. The Park Cafe had sandwiches, salads, desserts, fruit and cookies... no pizza. I did see pizza pretty regularly in the Windjammer, but it was your basic buffet pizza. It was okay, but nothing special.

Everything at the Park Cafe was very good, and it was never crowded. We ended up eating most of our breakfasts and lunches there because it was such a nice, relaxing atmosphere.

So no pizza anywhere after 9pm (other than room service), when Windjammer closes?

• 3 weeks later...

Just come of Liberty a few weeks ago which has Sorrentos but to be fair the Pizza was awful. Wouldn't cross the road to eat there again. The rest of Liberty for me was fine. Love Splendour though for it's personal touches.