Pre cruise Supplies- what / where /savings??

snorkel4ever

A number of cc posters have made references to purchasing pre-cruise supplies near Miami port prior to boarding - rather than packing in their checked luggage from their home city airport. What types of things do you buy in Miami? Are the prices comparable or more expensive ? We usually bring our own travel size toiletries, but will likely get some Bonine , soft drinks or Gatorade. (Carnival allows I think it is 6 or maybe 12/person.) Someone mentioned a 3 in 1 laundry sheet product. Anyone know brand name and where to get this? Any must haves or unique harder to find items in Miami that aren't easily available elsewhere? Thanks for your help!

The laundry sheets were Purex and I have not seen them in a long time, they're not even on Purex's website anymore...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Purex-Complete-3-In-1-Spring-Oasis-Laundry-Sheets-22ct/16419328

That's what it is...and Wal mart seemingly does not have them either.

If you're planning on doing laundry, usually in the travel size aisle they have small boxes or bottles of Tide....you can even get Pods...Tide makes them as well as a couple other companies....though you'd likely have more than you need..

They will probably have detergent on the ship in the laundry room if that's what you want....

In terms of the prices, whether they are higher or lower depends where you live and where you shop and whether or not you normally get them on sale or whether or not they are on sale when you are there. In short, it varies.

We do purchased pre cruise items when in Miami but we purchase ones that are either very bulky to fit in a suitcase, might break or leak if placed in checked luggage or is prohibited from being checked with our bags.

We do go to the three places mentioned which is Publix (grocery store), CVS and Walgreens. In general, and there will always be exception, we find the prices to be lower at Publix unless either CVS or Walgreens is promoting them and Publix is not. For day to day pricing we find Publix to be lower than the other two.

Keith

A number of cc posters have made references to purchasing pre-cruise supplies near Miami port prior to boarding - rather than packing in their checked luggage from their home city airport. What types of things do you buy in Miami?

Soda, snacks, toiletries you might have forgot.

In terms of the prices, whether they are higher or lower depends where you live and where you shop and whether or not you normally get them on sale or whether or not they are on sale when you are there. In short, it varies.

. For day to day pricing we find Publix to be lower than the other two.

Keith

Keith is right about prices varying at all these three. But understand that any of these places will be acceptable for you. When we say vary...it is not by dollars. Maybe 25-50 cents difference on a few things. So no matter where you shop, it's not like you are going to save a ton by going out of your way to shop. I wouldn't cetainly take a cab to one over the other thinking the ride will save you a lot on your purchases.;)

The laundry sheets were Purex and I have not seen them in a long time, they're not even on Purex's website anymore...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Purex-Complete-3-In-1-Spring-Oasis-Laundry-Sheets-22ct/16419328

That's what it is...and Wal mart seemingly does not have them either.

If you're planning on doing laundry, usually in the travel size aisle they have small boxes or bottles of Tide....you can even get Pods...Tide makes them as well as a couple other companies....though you'd likely have more than you need..

They will probably have detergent on the ship in the laundry room if that's what you want....

I have only seen them on Amazon but do thing they are limited as Purex has discontinued...

I have only seen them on Amazon but do thing they are limited as Purex has discontinued...

If anyone is looking for small packs of detergent I bought some in Target..they are Target's own brand of liquid detergent and are sold in a small individual pouch enough for one load.